Other clubs getting bitter... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Other teams used to say nice things about us when we used to roll over and let them take the points. When we are doing well they find things to moan about us for. I hope Shrewsbury have a lot of things lined up to moan about when we slap them on New Years day. I'm afraid to say Shrewsbury are clutching at straws and don't know the full circumstances of our situation. It was the same kind of story when we were 4th in the Championship under Boothroyd that season.

If they are moaning then it's because we are taking points off them.
yep, I notice not much is being said that Pompey haven't been hit with there points deduction yet. No ones really bothered because they are doing shite I guess

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Correct I don't care. Some clubs like Cardiff spend well above their means and had loan players they never paid a penny for.

People are moaning as we are doing well and no other reason.

Rubbish. Whilst we may be in the spotlight due to our success; people are 'moaning' because we've got one of, if not the beat stadium in the league that we're not paying a penny for, but are still pocketing hate receipts for the third-best attended home gate in the league. And meanwhile, paying for players other clubs can't afford. That's why they're moaning.

How long was the thread on Pompey? People taking the high hand on their operational ethics?

Mucca Mad Boys

Robinson's comments were unprofessional, childish and factually incorrect.

He should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

With their full team they could only muster a 1-1 draw at the RICOH... As for us? Repairing damage from MR's predecessors!

Mucca Mad Boys

Have to agree with you there chap. It is an FA rule that ALL football related bills MUST be paid - I would say Rent is pretty essential. If it were to happen, the fault lies squarely at the door of SiSU.

Also they refused to make a deal when the deadline came and went, look out they will come to a compromise within minutes of the court hearing, and then claim they saved the club again!

They are acting like they are the injured party, when in actuality it is them who are doing the damage!

I truly hope ACL have some backbone and make no further concessions to SiSU. If I had been in charged, SiSU would ALREADY be put into administration.

They are an absolute disgrace, and I cannot believe some "fans" are so blinded that they actually back these crooks!

Any success Cov has is in SPITE of Sisu - not because of them.

feck off SiSU!!!

So who sanctioned the transfer of our players!?

rupert_bear

MK Dons have lost consecutive home games and conceded 7 goals, Karl Robinson is attempting to deflect that issue, what we do or say has nothing to do with the fact his team, his tactics and his selections weren't good enough.

covcity4life

He is moaning because we have best squad in leaguebut have ffinancial issues

But he's fat and looks like that guy from Gavin and stacy

We have not spent on any players with money saved from rent so ignore him

Mucca Mad Boys

MK Dons have lost consecutive home games and conceded 7 goals, Karl Robinson is attempting to deflect that issue, what we do or say has nothing to do with the fact his team, his tactics and his selections weren't good enough.

They are meant to be the footballers of the division... We passed them about in their own stadium, in front of their own fans, our midfield bossed their midfield, which is supposed to be he leagues best, we would've still have beat them even if they had Gleeson, Chadwick etc.

Oh BTW Mr. Robinson, you were moaning about a "disjointed" side, you've had long term injuries for a while and had to make do without, we've had our 2 best players taken out just like that. No prep time really and had to adjust our starting XI, our formation and tactics. We dealt with it, you didn't. Be a lamb and go lose to Notts County for us.

ccfc92

The guys obviously a :jerkit:

He's just like the crawley manager after we beat them fair and square.

TheSnoz

At the Stevenage game I sat just behind the City dugout in the little main stand. & had a very good view of the City bench, Robins & co. They do moan at the 4th official constantly. A few of them. Borders on attempted intimidation. So I guess this is the kind of thing that the MK manager is going on about. Though I'm sure all teams do it. So - pot kettle black - and all that. Don't forget, Robins comes from the Ferguson school, the arch moaner himself, a man who lives in a different extra time zone.

hill83

At the Stevenage game I sat just behind the City dugout in the little main stand. & had a very good view of the City bench, Robins & co. They do moan at the 4th official constantly. A few of them. Borders on attempted intimidation. So I guess this is the kind of thing that the MK manager is going on about. Though I'm sure all teams do it. So - pot kettle black - and all that. Don't forget, Robins comes from the Ferguson school, the arch moaner himself, a man who lives in a different extra time zone.

Good. It's about time we stopped being a pushover.
"Get into em".......

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm pretty sure the moaning he was on about was about the Ricoh rent as he was talking about resources when he said it. As you say all managers moan at officials

torchomatic

Robinson is a fool, not sure what his problem is. He said in the football league paper this morning: "Coventry say they've got no money but when you look and Fleck is coming in and Elliott coming in , who has played in the Premier League, they've got tremendous strength in depth". Could some one please explain to him how much we actually spent during the summer? It's Robins that has made us a good footballing side, not money.

I don't get all the obsession people seem to have with other clubs from both managers, players and fans. It's the same on here. The longest bloody thread is on Portmouth, it's mad! Be obsessed with your own team.

Grendel

Rubbish. Whilst we may be in the spotlight due to our success; people are 'moaning' because we've got one of, if not the beat stadium in the league that we're not paying a penny for, but are still pocketing hate receipts for the third-best attended home gate in the league. And meanwhile, paying for players other clubs can't afford. That's why they're moaning.

How long was the thread on Pompey? People taking the high hand on their operational ethics?

I didn't take the high hand on Pompey. What they do is it to them.

If we get a winding up order that is another matter. Will that happen? I don't think so and if it doesn't and we are benefitting by paying players rather than rent I care not.

ACL have over charged so much over the years a few rent free seasons are due I think.

Otis

Don't know if this has been covered before or not, but surely the rent was too high last season too. The attendances were dwindling then as well.

Why didn't we refuse to pay the rent last season? Or the season before? Or the season before that? If it's too high it's always been too high hasn't it?

:thinking about:

GaryPendrysEyes

Oh it's been covered Otis! The rent wasn't that much of an issue when we signed a long term contract with gates of 19k and an eye on the premiership. Sadly you can't expect the other contractual party to necessarily give up their legal contractual rights because of your failures. Whether the contract could have included a clause of reduced rent if were relegated, maybe.
But Sisu rubbishing the aggrieved party is unprofessional and cowboy business practice.
Lets see how the next month unfolds and hope Sisu behaviour doesn't screw our progress on the pitch.

Grendel

Don't know if this has been covered before or not, but surely the rent was too high last season too. The attendances were dwindling then as well.

Why didn't we refuse to pay the rent last season? Or the season before? Or the season before that? If it's too high it's always been too high hasn't it?

Yes it's always been too high or if it is that high then the club should take revenue from all events there. I've been moaning about it for years it is an absolute disgrace. Many people blather on about the stadium being premier league but so what? These facilities can be used for other purposes and the club gets nothing back. Every other football club playing in a council funded stadium gets a far better deal.

Perhaps people like MMM (who now spends all his time defending this having previously defended Andy thorn as manager) can justify the % turnover we pay against say Manchester city.

Sisu have been lazy and for a hedge fund ludicrously profligate with the budget and only now seen to be looking at the issues and costs.

WillieStanley

I think up until last season it was all about building and aiming to break even, even with the crazy rent. Coleman quoted the 20k weekly attendance as break even point and, really we weren't far off that. Attendances dropped during Boothroyds bad run, so after that season, the then clueless board with the greatest skill set known to mankind went negative as opposed to positive. Rather than renegotiate the rent the simply went through drastic cost-cutting measures.

That board of last season really have a lot to answer for. They are the reason no one can forgive Sisu, they are partially the reason for relegation, they are the reason our attendences are so low, it's now renegotiate or die!

EDIT: That could have been 25k

Skyblueweeman

yep, I notice not much is being said that Pompey haven't been hit with there points deduction yet. No ones really bothered because they are doing shite I guess

Their -10 points deduction comes when they exit administration but they're still in it so that's why it's not been applied yet.

WM

Otis

Oh it's been covered Otis! The rent wasn't that much of an issue when we signed a long term contract with gates of 19k and an eye on the premiership. Sadly you can't expect the other contractual party to necessarily give up their legal contractual rights because of your failures. Whether the contract could have included a clause of reduced rent if were relegated, maybe.
But Sisu rubbishing the aggrieved party is unprofessional and cowboy business practice.
Lets see how the next month unfolds and hope Sisu behaviour doesn't screw our progress on the pitch.

But surely the rent has always been a big issue. If it so unfair it has always been unfair, just to varying degrees of how much a mess the club has been in.

We've been losing money for years. Surely the rent has always been an issue . We should have started negotiations there and then. Though in my mind, many years before.

At what point did we refuse to pay the rent this season? Anyone recall?

Just wonder if CCFC were arguing about the rent last season at the point where we were relegated. Must have know then it was going to be a massive issue this season.

When did we stop paying? When did negotiation over the rent start?

whiteheadj

Just thought i would point out that they are paying running costs etc which amounts to what is on a par, if not more than they think (which admittedly is a very low rental price) the rent should be.

stupot07

Last season we had Ken Deluded at the helm and rather than tackle the rent issue he and Igwe took an axe to the player wage budget.

Otis

Yeah, get all that. But these are supposed to be shrewd business men aren't they?

1.2m rent and no-one addressed it because it wasn't that big an issue? Doesn't make sense. As soon as Sisu took over this should have been addressed.

The rent seems extortionately high and therefore it has always been so. Just can't get my head around this fact that seemingly we have only broached this issue this season and now have refused to pay.

torchomatic

Higher league, better attendances? Didn't we lose £6M just for being relegated?

wingy

In answer to your question Otis March ,directly after ARVO installed the debenture and 3 months after TF's arrival.:thinking about:

stupot07

I agree it should have been sorted years ago. The lack of continuity in the board room hasn't helped and has made them look amateurish. That Joy woman should've been involved from the start with Ray Ranson rather than be silent majority share holders.

I also agree that we should be paying minimal rent on top of running costs to at least make them look reasonable.

Otis

Yes we did, Torch.

But if it's extortionate and unfair it's always been extortionate and unfair hasn't it?

Just trying to understand why we are where we are now. Would have made sense last season when we were at the bottom and all but certain to go down to sort it then or refuse to pay it then.

I, like many others, said last Christmas we were certainties for the drop. We must have seen this coming.

GaryPendrysEyes

Otis... They MAY have felt that the rent was almost a non issue simply because there was a non negotiable legal contract in place. But with £4 or 5m income being lost due to relegation (gates, TV, promo) the club/their investment was pretty much gonna go belly up so MAYBE now theve decided to play hard and fast legally to save their bacon.
Whether this catches up with them/us re FL rules, legal action remains to be seen....

Otis

It's so annoying all this. Really deflects from the success we are having on the pitch. There also seems to be an air of concern that a winding up order if issued could result in a transfer embargo and could really hurt the playing side of things.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Perhaps people like MMM (who now spends all his time defending this having previously defended Andy thorn as manager) can justify the % turnover we pay against say Manchester city.

Sisu have been lazy and for a hedge fund ludicrously profligate with the budget and only now seen to be looking at the issues and costs.

Again. Rubbish. I never defended Thorn carte blanche. My issue was, as clearly stated, that for SISU to enter a season after they had seen the club finish 18th, and lose or sell King, Gunnarason, Jutkiewitz, Turner and Westwood; then to fund a rookie manager with less than 2 months experience within the bottom 3 in the league and expect us to finish anywhere else was crazy of them.

You just wanted to blame Thorn. Things must be easy in your life. However, I tried to see the bigger picture.

They forced people to hand over shares 5 years ago. The promise was a better tomorrow from a 'debt free' position. Now they say they need a rent reduction after not accommodating a renegotiation as part of their due diligence.

There's one common denominator here. Five years on, we're on the lower league position for two generation, with gates half of those of five years ago, riddled with debt and staring down the barrel of a winding up order.

And still, the only real culpability you see is in Thorn's management, and ACL's swollen rent. Incredible

Mucca Mad Boys

Again. Rubbish. I never defended Thorn carte blanche. My issue was, as clearly stated, that for SISU to enter a season after they had seen the club finish 18th, and lose or sell King, Gunnarason, Jutkiewitz, Turner and Westwood; then to fund a rookie manager with less than 2 months experience within the bottom 3 in the league and expect us to finish anywhere else was crazy of them.

You just wanted to blame Thorn. Things must be easy in your life. However, I tried to see the bigger picture.

They forced people to hand over shares 5 years ago. The promise was a better tomorrow from a 'debt free' position. Now they say they need a rent reduction after not accommodating a renegotiation as part of their due diligence.

There's one common denominator here. Five years on, we're on the lower league position for two generation, with gates half of those of five years ago, riddled with debt and staring down the barrel of a winding up order.

And still, the only real culpability you see is in Thorn's management, and ACL's swollen rent. Incredible

Mangers and rent are certainly big factors are they not?

Coleman was well backed and failed to deliver, we probably had a top 6 team and he underachieved massively.

WillieStanley

It's so annoying all this. Really deflects from the success we are having on the pitch. There also seems to be an air of concern that a winding up order if issued could result in a transfer embargo and could really hurt the playing side of things.

Agreed.

The fact is though, prior to last season, the aim was to get out of the Championship via the correct exit, where the rent would probably be the boarderline fair. It was neglectful to have not negotiated a tarif at the time, granted, but that was then. All the time and money was dedicated to the footballing side of things under the Ranson board. Ranson who had this plan to get us into the Premier League. Unfortunately that board hired the wrong managers and we then got an idiotic board and dithering megalomaniac of a chairman who panicked and weilded his axe at everything he could. A man who scuppered a take over, refused to fund the team but felt it neccessary to give them a pre-season holiday at his villa and then patted himself on the back for doing a great job... Oh yeah, and invited himself onto the bench as well. On a more personal note, I met him once around last Christmas, and Thorn... Thorn was a nioce chatty man, KD pledged this all would get better and THEN had the cheek to ask me to fetch him his drink from the bar!!

That guy... that guy.... :mad::mad::mad:

Users who are viewing this thread