Osti Brighton Argus (2 Viewers)

fatso

What type of reception will he get when he turns up here wearing a stoke shirt after his apparent love in with us last season?
He will get a good reception, why wouldn't he?
I suspect he has little Influence on where Brighton choose to send him, or how much more than us Stoke were prepared to pay for his services.
How soon the fickle supporter forgets the contribution he made to our survival in our first season back in the championship.
Good luck to the lad, wherever he ends up!

Mcbean

We need to get Hyam high jump lessons although he managed to beat the back post header bring on the save that brought in the goal PUSB

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

You’ve fallen for a footballing cliche, “massive club”, “best changing room I’ve ever been in”, I doubt he cares about the club to the lengths you think. Why would he? It’s career after all

Have you never enjoyed working somewhere? You need better career advice.

Torquay Sky Blue

Why should he give a fuck about us. Its his job. If he scores against us he'll probably do a knee slide whilst kissing the badge.

Fergusons_Beard

Fuck Osti-he’s gone now and hardly a fucking club legend.
Same goes for Walsh and James.
Onwards and upwards for our Football Club.
Fuck the mercenaries ruining football.
Like I’ve Said before they’re in for a rude awakening as COVID shit hits and club finances go tits up.
Loads in this division walking a very thin tightrope.
Rather us stick to our budget and stay afloat.
PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mcbean

Like I’ve Said before they’re in for a rude awakening as COVID shit hits and club finances go tits up.
PUSB

Dont hold back 😂

letsallsingtogether

PUSB

Agree with this if they dont want to be here fuck um

CDK

He won't give a monkeys and he will make mistakes and hope there against us .robins will get someone in better I'm sure.

shmmeee

Would he even get in with Rose McFadz and Salter-Clarke here? Could only see him replacing McFadz of those and not sure we’d want that would we?

Love the guy as a long term replacement (would be our defence sorted for years), but as a loan would he be a guaranteed started ahead of Rose or McFadz?

Hod dog

Would he even get in with Rose McFadz and Salter-Clarke here? Could only see him replacing McFadz of those and not sure we’d want that would we?

Love the guy as a long term replacement (would be our defence sorted for years), but as a loan would he be a guaranteed started ahead of Rose or McFadz?

Fadz is the best of the three you've just named,
one of them isnt even a cov player and if he brings his blues form v ostigaard form last year he isnt better
Hyam is currently the starter over Rose so it would have to be Hyam

shmmeee

Fadz is the best of the three you've just named,
one of them isnt even a cov player and if he brings his blues form v ostigaard form last year he isnt better
Hyam is currently the starter over Rose so it would have to be Hyam

Rose is miles better than Hyam and we need a left footer at LCB as Hyam aptly demonstrated last season. I’d see Hyam and Rose fighting for the RCB slot. Østigård fighting Fadz for the CB slot. Strong aerially and weaker with the ball at his feet, that’s his best role IMO.

Sick Boy

Has Salter-Clarke actually signed?

Alkhen

Not yet but all the rumours are he will and it’s COVID holding things up. Even if he doesn’t I’d expect another LCB in.

where did the Clarke-Salter rumors actually come from? I remember someone on here mentioned him months ago but lost track of if anyone trustworthy has linked him?

shmmeee

where did the Clarke-Salter rumors actually come from? I remember someone on here mentioned him months ago but lost track of if anyone trustworthy has linked him?

A few places TBF. Biggest clue for me is Robins was asked about him and wouldn’t comment, usually he just says “no we aren’t in for him” if we aren’t.

no_loyalty

A few places TBF. Biggest clue for me is Robins was asked about him and wouldn’t comment, usually he just says “no we aren’t in for him” if we aren’t.

Oggy also mentioned us signing him, during the after match phone in on Sunday.

Esoterica

Rose is miles better than Hyam and we need a left footer at LCB as Hyam aptly demonstrated last season. I’d see Hyam and Rose fighting for the RCB slot. Østigård fighting Fadz for the CB slot. Strong aerially and weaker with the ball at his feet, that’s his best role IMO.
If Rose stays injury free and is able to regularly reach Sunday's level, I think we might start to see Rose in place of McFadz a few times before the season ends. Fadz won't last forever and like Robins switched Hyam and Rose over at the end of last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a couple of games in the middle of defence if we're safe from relegation.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

If Rose stays injury free and is able to regularly reach Sunday's level, I think we might start to see Rose in place of McFadz a few times before the season ends.
Considering he hadn't played in pre season as far as I am aware Rose was really impressive on Sunday. He never looked fit last season so he could really be a positive factor for us this season.

Bugsy

:sick: in that shit shirt

thats not the Ostigard i know and love where's his hair gone won't be the same player for them as us...PUSB

Last edited:

Mr Panda

Looks like he's bringing back the old Stoke tradition of shaving your head to look rough as fuck like they all seemed to do back in the Pulis days.

I remember Marc Wilson had a lovely head of hair until Stoke rubbed off on him

SeaSeeEffCee

Will be interesting to see how he does at a better side. Was the ideal defender for the scrappy, long ball relegation-deciding games last season, but was still a part of one of the leakiest defences in the division over the course of the season.

hill83

But he follows us on instagram and says he loves us guys

giphy.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

Saying it now.

We're going to regret not chucking an extra million or so at M.R for Ostigard.

He will be worth 6 mill upwards within a season

Maybe…but some expected him to be in Brighton’s first team, they’ve had a look at him and he’s ended up at Stoke.

Users who are viewing this thread