Oral appeal (1 Viewer)

Sub

if the oral appeal gets thrown out is that it ? or can they appeal some other way ?

SkyBlueSid

A classic case of fiddling while Rome burns. Why can't these idiots just concentrate on doing something to help this dying club?

Sub

A classic case of fiddling while Rome burns. Why can't these idiots just concentrate on doing something to help this dying club?

because they are not bothered, CCFC is a vehicle for loading with debt and a means to an end getting the stadium (imho)

Moff

I hope an Oral appeal is where SISU have to say 'please' and the Judge tells them to sell up and piss off and take Ann Lucas with them as well, and Wasps can fuck off too.

Last edited:

skybluepm2

What a waste of space they are! Good to see the money obtained from player sales, savings on wages plus the lucrative Cup tie at the Emirates is being put to good use. The pot isn't dry then, just in terms of the football club pocket money allowance!!

RFC, where is this big announcement that your mate big, fat Tim promised in the New Year with regard to Bullshit Arena?!

chiefdave

if the oral appeal gets thrown out is that it ? or can they appeal some other way ?

Have seen it mentioned that it go be taken to the European Court but I'm not sure if there's any point at which an appeal rejection stops further action.

I suspect that there will be additional legal action around what has come out in the past few days. Would not be surprised to see a second JR launched running in parallel to any appeals process.

dongonzalos

A around a million pounds in legal expenses so far.
Kirkland would have done for me for that. Also keep Baker.
Far more useful and may have helped earn us 5 million in the long run.

torchomatic

If the Council had played fair too....

A around a million pounds in legal expenses so far.
Kirkland would have done for me for that. Also keep Baker.
Far more useful and may have helped earn us 5 million in the long run.

SkyBlueSid

Have seen it mentioned that it go be taken to the European Court but I'm not sure if there's any point at which an appeal rejection stops further action.

I suspect that there will be additional legal action around what has come out in the past few days. Would not be surprised to see a second JR launched running in parallel to any appeals process.

Hey! We could be competing in Europe!! Who said Sisu were bad for the club?

Nick

Administrator
Just called up a mate in China, I am going to get some of these branded up with the CCFC badge:

x17840959.jpg

Might catch on!

dongonzalos

If the Council had played fair too....

So far high court judges have said they have.
If this case doesn't show any different. I will still think they have.

I think we have wasted time energy and money trying to initially devalue a company and now we are wasting time energy and money trying to get compensation when everyone in the legal field seems to be saying stop wasting your time you do not have a case.

Noggin

If this one fails it's over, if this one succeeds and it goes to another hearing and that fails then they can continue up the ladder.

Noggin

While I am annoyed with SISU, today I feel more annoyance to the court and the system, the whole thing is ridiculous, how many months has it taken to complete completely pointless step? we all knew that if they lost here they would appeal again, why not just have 1 request to appeal and do it properly, rather than 2 requests and make the process take the best part of a year?

Ashdown

SISU are just buying more and more time with these pointless appeals. There has to be advantages for them in keeping hold of a supposedly loss making football club with virtually no assets, unless they can see ways of squeezing just a tad more out of the withered old tit !?
With the revelations surfacing about the financial incompetence of Lucas and her Labour chums as well it makes you think that some fuckers would prefer to see the football club exterminated from the scene altogether.

Ashdown

While I am annoyed with SISU, today I feel more annoyance to the court and the system, the whole thing is ridiculous, how many months has it taken to complete completely pointless step? we all knew that if they lost here they would appeal again, why not just have 1 request to appeal and do it properly, rather than 2 requests and make the process take the best part of a year?

I expect there is a few quid in it for the leeches within the legal system, that's why !

ecky

SISU are just buying more and more time with these pointless appeals. There has to be advantages for them in keeping hold of a supposedly loss making football club with virtually no assets, unless they can see ways of squeezing just a tad more out of the withered old tit !?
With the revelations surfacing about the financial incompetence of Lucas and her Labour chums as well it makes you think that some fuckers would prefer to see the football club exterminated from the scene altogether.

There will come a time when Sisu WILL wind the club up. No business is sustainable under these conditions that Sisu are enforcing on the club.

When they do call time ccfc will be the waste dump for all their debt

Ian1779

There will come a time when Sisu WILL wind the club up. No business is sustainable under these conditions that Sisu are enforcing on the club.

When they do call time ccfc will be the waste dump for all their debt

Don't be stupid... They will not wind the club up

4waspsting

Its getting to the stage like a Gamble, trouble is SISU lost to much money and the odds of winning and recouping the loss are astronomical, you may win a few bob back but no where near your original stake. Time to move to another table.

skybluetony176

As the legal bills go up our league position goes down. Ladies and gentlemen I give you the SISU master plan. All hail SISU the saviors

skybluetony176

Because the Golden share is worth selling at least

You're assuming we'll still be in the league at this point. Even if it is, it may not be worth as much as liquidating a load of debt to SISU and there investors.

There's a big assumption going around that our owners that couldn't be arsed to stock the shop for Xmas give a flying one about the future of this club. Its a vehicle for litigation, why would they be worried about it after that's done and dusted. Especially if they lose?

davebart

presumably when you can write off millions of pounds worth of debt by buying a company from yourself there is little reason to fold that company.

In my view this is the worst scenario for CCFC because they have no interest in the football and will happily see it wither until it cannot be resurrected because no one cares any more.

At least if they liquidated the club now something could be created.

martcov

What has come out that is a game changer? Bigging up ACL - naughty, but not significant. Hell freezing over? Been done in court. Additional legal action, yes that was Joy threatened at the beginning. Nothing new, just LR increasing circulation and getting his own back - and trying to discredit the council thus placing JS in a more favourable light.

chiefdave

What has come out that is a game changer? Bigging up ACL - naughty, but not significant. Hell freezing over? Been done in court. Additional legal action, yes that was Joy threatened at the beginning. Nothing new, just LR increasing circulation and getting his own back - and trying to discredit the council thus placing JS in a more favourable light.

You'd need to check with a lawyer but I suspect the time frame would move from the initial loan to the sale to Wasps and possible new loan, or at least transfer of the existing loan. They may also be new information to bring in that wasn't known at the time, possibly the information that SISU were seeking access to. I seem to recall the protecting our investment card being played by CCC, that comes into question if they were aware they may not be owners for much longer. If they were already in negotiations with Wasps, who have said negotiations took two years, was that relayed to all the councillors when they voted? I imagine at the moment SISU's lawyers are working through everything that was said and submitted as part of the JR and looking for things that have since turned out to be false.

In terms of what has come out the last few days at the moment there's two scenarios. If we believe Lucas then Reeves and West have been deciding the council, to what end or benefit to themselves we don't know. That would certainly be something that would need to be investigated. If it turns out to be correct then have all the councils actions to date been made on the basis of false information? If we don't believe Lucas then that in itself presents a problem. CCC are a publicly accountable body and have been caught out being dishonest, again something that should result in action of some kind.

Users who are viewing this thread