Oral appeal (3 Viewers)

martcov

You'd need to check with a lawyer but I suspect the time frame would move from the initial loan to the sale to Wasps and possible new loan, or at least transfer of the existing loan. They may also be new information to bring in that wasn't known at the time, possibly the information that SISU were seeking access to. I seem to recall the protecting our investment card being played by CCC, that comes into question if they were aware they may not be owners for much longer. If they were already in negotiations with Wasps, who have said negotiations took two years, was that relayed to all the councillors when they voted? I imagine at the moment SISU's lawyers are working through everything that was said and submitted as part of the JR and looking for things that have since turned out to be false.

In terms of what has come out the last few days at the moment there's two scenarios. If we believe Lucas then Reeves and West have been deciding the council, to what end or benefit to themselves we don't know. That would certainly be something that would need to be investigated. If it turns out to be correct then have all the councils actions to date been made on the basis of false information? If we don't believe Lucas then that in itself presents a problem. CCC are a publicly accountable body and have been caught out being dishonest, again something that should result in action of some kind.

Didn't the judge say it would be reasonable to assume they would get a new tenant at some time? Were Wasps in negotiation or had they just viewed the Ricoh earlier? Two years of "secret" negotiations seems unlikely. If Reeves and West deceived their employers, then why? And they would be putting their heads on the block - also unlikely. CCC are accountable and I assume they know that, so I would say their legal department would also have been hard at work.

I think that the courts have been clear on what was happening as based on the evidence and LR has his own agenda. SISU's only chance would be taking it to Europe - the English courts can't just change their minds - unless a real game changer comes out. As for now, I see nothing new. Time will tell.

chiefdave

Didn't the judge say it would be reasonable to assume they would get a new tenant at some time? Were Wasps in negotiation or had they just viewed the Ricoh earlier? Two years of "secret" negotiations seems unlikely. If Reeves and West deceived their employers, then why? And they would be putting their heads on the block - also unlikely. CCC are accountable and I assume they know that, so I would say their legal department would also have been hard at work.

The fact that you have so many questions is why this needs to be investigated in some manner. If for example there was an independent inquiry into the councils behaviour with a public report then we'd all know what happened. There's too much that now doesn't' seem quite right, too much doubt and I think that needs to be resolved.

I think that the courts have been clear on what was happening as based on the evidence and LR has his own agenda. SISU's only chance would be taking it to Europe - the English courts can't just change their minds - unless a real game changer comes out. As for now, I see nothing new. Time will tell.

The problem, for lack of a better term, with the JR is it is only dealing with one part of this sorry mess and then only on the basis of information available at the time. I can certainly see a second JR scrutinising the sale to Wasps as there seems to be some questions there. It's tricky, if there has been any wrongdoing from any party that has damaged CCFC then I want to know about it and want them to be held responsible. Equally the thought of years with more legal action is terrible.

martcov

The fact that you have so many questions is why this needs to be investigated in some manner. If for example there was an independent inquiry into the councils behaviour with a public report then we'd all know what happened. There's too much that now doesn't' seem quite right, too much doubt and I think that needs to be resolved.

The problem, for lack of a better term, with the JR is it is only dealing with one part of this sorry mess and then only on the basis of information available at the time. I can certainly see a second JR scrutinising the sale to Wasps as there seems to be some questions there. It's tricky, if there has been any wrongdoing from any party that has damaged CCFC then I want to know about it and want them to be held responsible. Equally the thought of years with more legal action is terrible.

There has got to be an enquiry at some time in some form. The problem is that as long as the legal actions are taking place, the council will probably have to remain united. When SISU have finally moved on - legally - then the fun begins as the parties try to score points against each other.

We know far too little. LR is no great revealer though as he is in his own war with his previous employers and is trying to recreate his career. I wish SISU would just drop the JR and concentrate on getting CCFC into a sellable asset through conventional means e.g. Increasing revenue by fielding a successful team, good relationship with the customer base. Up til now, they have only succeeded in devaluing it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just called up a mate in China, I am going to get some of these branded up with the CCFC badge:

x17840959.jpg

Might catch on!

When are they likely to arrive if it's anything like the stock for the club shop they won't be here before next Xmas;)

The Gentleman

I'd love enquiries into our accounts, players registrations, golden shares, debt, faceless owners, inept football leagues and administrations. Things that have directly affected CCFC and not just maybe's. These are things that have damaged CCFC and we know the people responsible, we just don't seem to want to do anything about it. Yes by all means ask questions of other parties but surely if we want to be looking back at the recent events that put us where we are, we should also be asking these ones too?

chiefdave

I'd love enquiries into our accounts, players registrations, golden shares, debt, faceless owners, inept football leagues and administrations.

Pretty much everything you've listed there would be covered by the administration process which is supposed to be subject to scrutiny. Personally I feel the administration process left a lot to be desired and would welcome that being looked at in more detail.

Gazolba

Pretty much everything you've listed there would be covered by the administration process which is supposed to be subject to scrutiny. Personally I feel the administration process left a lot to be desired and would welcome that being looked at in more detail.

I want the people who look into the Administration process, looked into.

PIPSQUEEK

Don't be stupid... They will not wind the club up

Cause they will wind us up you sissu puppet , they are an hedge fund , they buy a company ACL ,put all the toxic wase into a part of the company ( CCFC ) Then Liquidate loss making part ( CCFC ). All they want or wanted was the RICHO for nothing then sell off for a profit. I am glad our Council told them to do one .

Ian1779

Cause they will wind us up you sissu puppet , they are an hedge fund , they buy a company ACL ,put all the toxic wase into a part of the company ( CCFC ) Then Liquidate loss making part ( CCFC ). All they want or wanted was the RICHO for nothing then sell off for a profit. I am glad our Council told them to do one .

Well that told me.

The owners of Wasps are a hedge fund... will they liquidate the rugby club as it is loss making and sell it off for housing?

The fact that you claim this ridiculous notion, ignoring the fact that the only thing of real value is the Golden Share - the right to play in the Football League. It is worth more than could ever be gained from liquidating the club.

PIPSQUEEK

Well that told me.

The owners of Wasps are a hedge fund... will they liquidate the rugby club as it is loss making and sell it off for housing?

The fact that you claim this ridiculous notion, ignoring the fact that the only thing of real value is the Golden Share - the right to play in the Football League. It is worth more than could ever be gained from liquidating the club.

Fuck the Wasps they only rent the Arena , If they go tits up it goes back to the Landloard in this case the Council SISU WANTED TO OWN IT ( For Nothing )
What the fuck is the Golden Share worth when we are Relegated out of the Football League ,and believe me that is what is going to happen with no investment in the team. Once we are ther we have no chance CCFC will be gone.

stupot07

Fuck the Wasps they only rent the Arena , If they go tits up it goes back to the Landloard in this case the Council SISU WANTED TO OWN IT ( For Nothing )
What the fuck is the Golden Share worth when we are Relegated out of the Football League ,and believe me that is what is going to happen with no investment in the team. Once we are ther we have no chance CCFC will be gone.

And this is why we continually have these merry-go-round discussions.

It's been proven this week that SISU were open to a leasehold arrangement.

There is no proof that they wanted the freehold for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

You don't need proof, Stu. It's FACT!

Ian1779

Even if SISU had made ACL go bust then the lease would go back to the Council... as you have just described.

If you find me a piece of evidence that states that SISU wanted an encumbered freehold of the Ricoh Arena for exactly £0, then I will bow to your superior knowledge.

Until then stop talking shite.

Rusty Trombone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The wording from Les Reid's report was 'clean restriction-free long lease', not sure they exist, it was a non offer at this point.

Now of course the overall point about them being prepared to accept a long lease is beyond doubt, of course they were, in fact the principle of giving them 125 years was agreed by the Council and SISU as part of the original Higgs share bid.

lordsummerisle

Really don't know why any hedge-fund would buy ACL, knowing full well that without the club it's unprofitable, then liquidate the football club, thus trying to sell a proven unprofitable entity.

Mind you, I'm not a City Whizz Kid like you obviously are, so probably lack the financial expertise to understand how it would work.

Sky Blue Kid

IMHO Whilst SISU/Otium have the GS (Worth approx £1m) they will never be broke. All the debt that the football club had supposedly had been written off and other debt turned into equity hadn't it? Whilst SISU/Otium have a "Positive Cash Flow" they will be in no hurry to liquidate. Relegation is a "Must" for them. I'll bet they will pump enough money into CCFC(Players) to help keep us out L2 relegation without putting enough money in to push for promotion. If by any chance of relegation out of L2 you just watch them drop us into liquidation faster than Usain Bolt breaking the 100 metre sprint record

martcov

Unrestricted leasehold....

martcov

You realise the lease Wasps have been sold has over 200 years of unrestricted leasehold don't you?

Know I don't realise that and I cannot imagine it. If you do know, please tell us, as that would be a significant point ( with your source ). Thanks in advance.

chiefdave

Know I don't realise that and I cannot imagine it. If you do know, please tell us, as that would be a significant point ( with your source ). Thanks in advance.

What contracts do you think ACL have entered into that extend past the end of the previous lease?

Edit: We need SBT bingo cards, I could have had a full house with Rusty, Mart and Italia :p

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

What contracts do you think ACL have entered into that extend past the end of the previous lease?

Edit: We need SBT bingo cards, I could have had a full house with Rusty, Mart and Italia :p

They have a lease from the freeholder for the full term, it will be full of rights, restrictions, and responsibilities.

martcov

QUOTE=chiefdave;850610]What contracts do you think ACL have entered into that extend past the end of the previous lease?

Edit: We need SBT bingo cards, I could have had a full house with Rusty, Mart and Italia :p[/QUOTE]

pity City cannot get a full house though....;)

singers_pore

Have you got any cans of spray paint, perchance? SISSU!!

Users who are viewing this thread