Options to replace....him. (1 Viewer)

gouldberg

Much in the style of my Westwood/Murphy options thread.

'Free Transfer' options according to the PFA list include:

Jeremie Aliadiere (been training with Arsenal since March, would love to see him at Coventry)
Pablo Counago
John Carew (yeahhhh, not going to happen)
Giles Barnes
Nathan Ellington
Craig Fagan
Rory Fallon
Eidur Gudjohnsen (again, won't happen)
Marlon Harewood (optimistic)
Diomansy Kamara
Eddie Johnson
Shefki Kuqi
Kevin Lisbie
Leon McKenzie
Kevin Phillips
Chris Porter
Danny Webber

There are others, these are just the main names that I spotted.
Full list can be seen here:
PFA Transfer List | Centre Forwards

So, any stand out contenders? I personally think as long as the list is totally correct there are some cracking options out there!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
From this list, apart from the ones you've already put 'wont happen' against, i wouldnt say there are any "cracking" options.

Aliadiere is a strange one. I once rated him, but when he got his chance i.e. moved from Arsenal, I dont think he took the opportunity to prove his ability. Therefore I wouldnt want to see him at CCFC.

TBH, although im sure there are good free agents out there, id rather show some serious intent by spending a bit of money for someone proven! There arent going to be many players who have been finding the net on a regular basis more recently that are being released. Like Harewood or Ellington for example. They are being made available for a reason. When was the last time they had a good season?? I think this goes for many on that list!

Come on SISU, whether your in debt or not, spend a little a take risks! Note I said little! Im not asking you to spend multi millions of ££'s!!

Maybe City should run out to Allo Black's "I need a dollar" song next season if we dont spend anything!!

We should sign myself...I am pretty shite now and at 39 years old would'nt cost much. I am available on a free and could confirm a verbal offer this evening if required.

skybluedan

hahaha sw88 i would take kamara and give him a year and if gunnr goes i would take giles barnes

sw88

Chief Commentator!
hahaha sw88 i would take kamara and give him a year and if gunnr goes i would take giles barnes

I didnt see Kamara on that list! must have missed him! He is one I wouldnt mind seeing at the club, but if as reported Leicester are in for him, we will have another Mr XXXX (wont say his name) problem on our hands getting him!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Kamara = Not a chance
Barnes = Injury prone

Only one I would take that we stand a chance with is Phillips and also I don't think Phillips is fit enough to play a whole season so we would still need someone to replace King

gouldberg

Ismail Miller surely? Who I think is better than King!

He has a 5 year deal with WBA that he signed in 2009 so runs until 2014.

Kamara signs for us or goes abroad, very unlikely that he'll be signing for you.

Very unlikely is not impossible. Time will tell. True it's unlikely, but hey, I've seen stranger things.

Plus, I'd rather live in Coventry ;)

The Reverend Skyblue

We should sign myself...I am pretty shite now and at 39 years old would'nt cost much. I am available on a free and could confirm a verbal offer this evening if required.
Well if your putting your name in the bag i'm putting myself in as well.
I am 48 years old and after 4 back operations completely fucked.I can't run and i walk like i've shit myself,but and this is a big BUT, i can jump about 3 inches off the floor.
Looking at both my CV and that of my main competitor,TheParsonsnose, it hits me straight between the eyes that we are made for each other,and would hit it off playing upfront next season for the skyblues.I can clearly see THe ParsonsNose feeding off my notorious flick on's and bag himself a hatful of goals and taking all the glory.
Lastly i would absolutely guarantee that unlike other more famous footballers,I won't sleep around with all the local girls, as if I got caught my missus would happily crush my gonads in seconds,rendering the only fully,well working part left on my body forever unemployable.

The Rev
I can't gaurantee that i can give you a verbal agreement tonight as i'm going out.

Skybluedar

Ishmael Miller is a good player but is not a natural goalscorer
Miller + Phillips would be pretty potent though

I agree, I think Jutkiewicz & Miller with Phillips could be a nice blend of power, hard work, and clinical finishing. Miller is still looking to really prove himself, if we signed him it could potentially be a great replacement for....

craigus12

its only going to be out of that list or someone from the lower divisions for free/cheap i'm afraid. not bothered about phillips as old players with high wages are too high a risk - lee carsley.

Well if your putting your name in the bag i'm putting myself in as well.
I am 48 years old and after 4 back operations completely fecked.I can't run and i walk like i've shit myself,but and this is a big BUT, i can jump about 3 inches off the floor.
Looking at both my CV and that of my main competitor,TheParsonsnose, it hits me straight between the eyes that we are made for each other,and would hit it off playing upfront next season for the skyblues.I can clearly see THe ParsonsNose feeding off my notorious flick on's and bag himself a hatful of goals and taking all the glory.
Lastly i would absolutely guarantee that unlike other more famous footballers,I won't sleep around with all the local girls, as if I got caught my missus would happily crush my gonads in seconds,rendering the only fully,well working part left on my body forever unemployable.

The Rev
I can't gaurantee that i can give you a verbal agreement tonight as i'm going out.

It's times like this that comedy this good is the only answer.

Ps. I will submit verbal confirmation tonight for ya. We just need to find a goalkeeper and a midfielder and we are sorted.

hackneyfox

He has a 5 year deal with WBA that he signed in 2009 so runs until 2014.

Very unlikely is not impossible. Time will tell. True it's unlikely, but hey, I've seen stranger things.

Plus, I'd rather live in Coventry ;)

True, living in co* you would have seen stranger things.

Rumoured to be signing for us tomorrow along with Yakubu.
At least the club haven't claimed a verbal agreement.

Bertola

Hackers, I thought you were signing Maynard for 5 mill? Heard that rumour on another site

For us I think Phillips is the best option, Harewood would also do a good job

hackneyfox

Bertola
We're rumoured to be signing just about everyone, it would be like a Barry Fry side if they all happened.

We can get Kamara on a free and Yakubu for 2.5 plus his salary. 5m for Maynard is beyond us I think, and I'd sooner spend 4 of it on Kyle Naugton.

gouldberg

It's times like this that comedy this good is the only answer.

Ps. I will submit verbal confirmation tonight for ya. We just need to find a goalkeeper and a midfielder and we are sorted.

Midfielder here! 19 with no football league experience. That's our usual sort of target right? Rather fat, slower off the line than a Turtle with knees that sometimes decide to relocate closer to my skull than their actual place. On my day can be as tricky to play against as Messi himself, the other 364 I make Michael McIndoe look like God. One of the rare few alive that would play for CCFC regardless of other offers worth more (there will be about 0 of them so there is no need to worry) and I would never be accused of having an affair on the basis of me being as desirable as a G-Wiz.

So, where do I sign?

sky_blue_up_north

I'm hoping Thorn can bring in a gem from the lower leagues. He's done it with Fox and Dann etc

bamalamafizzfazz

Think we should show some ambition and focus ourselves on getting Mackail Smith. Let's face it we have a good 10k to offer. I think if the club conveys their desire for him to sign then its a possibility instead of sitting on a premiership bench.
won't happen though probably Kevin Phillips.

Users who are viewing this thread