Open top Bus (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

If the scousers are having one why cant we?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-213419_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-213419_Twitter.jpg
    899.5 KB · Views: 98

chiefdave

The article says they can't have the parade while there is still issues with coronavirus. When we reach that point doubt we'd be stopped from having one in Cov.

Terry_dactyl

The article says they can't have the parade while there is still issues with coronavirus. When we reach that point doubt we'd be stopped from having one in Cov.
We can just double up on celebrations when we win the championship next year!

cc84cov

Because the scousers are training and playing together and that's happening because the club has put £££s in to Covid tests for all staff and players!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Are the club gonna pay for testing on all the fans that gather around the city watching the open top bus ?

chiefdave

Something tells me that after tonight Liverpool council might change their mind about allowing any further celebrations.

SkyBlueSid

It's all because usual rules don't apply to the entitled scallies in Self Pity City. They always regard themselves as a special case.
It's the one place I used to hate travelling to back in the days when I went to all the away games in the 70s and 80s. Horrible ground, horrible fans. And I've never forgiven them for denying us our rightful place in the Cup Winners' Cup in 1987.

Happy_Martian

chiefdave

It's not just that. It's the whole social distancing / no large gatherings scenario again.

Fans' behaviour 'unacceptable' says Liverpool FC
Wonder if there will be an apology to the mayor who got slammed by Liverpool and Spirit of Shankly for suggesting fans would congregate if the season continued behind closed doors and Liverpool won the title.
Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson says resuming the Premier League is a "non-starter", and he fears a "farcical" situation with fans congregating outside Anfield - even if Liverpool clinch the title at a neutral venue.
Response to Mayor Anderson - Spirit of Shankly
Spirit of Shankly are angered by comments made by Liverpool City Mayor, Joe Anderson.

The Mayor has chosen to speak out on a hypothetical matter, namechecking Liverpool FC supporters without discussion with those fans or fan groups.

There is no evidence to support the Mayor’s perception that Liverpool supporters will break any lockdown regulations and gather outside of Anfield should football be resumed and played behind closed doors.
Liverpool FC statement
As a club, we are aware of and disappointed by comments attributed to Mayor Joe Anderson in a media interview which was published today.

Happy_Martian

Wonder if there will be an apology to the mayor who got slammed by Liverpool and Spirit of Shankly for suggesting fans would congregate if the season continued behind closed doors and Liverpool won the title.

upload_2020-6-27_17-0-35.png

Taken from Fans celebrating Liverpool title win told to leave

The result will be that

1) they will both hide behind other peoples words and if there is an apology, it will get wrangled in health warnings to the point where there is no apology

or

2) They will both blame everyone else and try and shout down anyone who points the finger at themselves for being anti-Liverpool.

Personally, I expect to see tumbleweeds drifting across social media and both parties hoping everyone will forget about it.

Sky Blue Pete

View attachment 15677

Taken from Fans celebrating Liverpool title win told to leave

The result will be that

1) they will both hide behind other peoples words and if there is an apology, it will get wrangled in health warnings to the point where there is no apology

or

2) They will both blame everyone else and try and shout down anyone who points the finger at themselves for being anti-Liverpool.

Personally, I expect to see tumbleweeds drifting across social media and both parties hoping everyone will forget about it.

good find that you’d be so tempted if you were the mayor wouldn’t you

Happy_Martian

good find that you’d be so tempted if you were the mayor wouldn’t you

I and many others probably would in the Liverpool Mayor's position. However, in that piece, the mayor takes the "diplomatic" way out and effectively says "it's happened, we move on".

Users who are viewing this thread