Open Letter to Supporters (3 Viewers)

eastwoodsdustman

Tick, Tick, Tick... Its been nearly an hour and the Cavalry haven't arrived yet. maybe they're getting briefed before posting anything up on here.

Last edited:

ohitsaidwalker king power

In the clubs response... I don't read at all that it is the owners (Otium etal) pursuing the legal action against the council/wasp and not the football club(CCFC)..... has Tim lost his influence or are "we" now one and the same thing?

Otis

Thing is, pretty much everyone believes the legal cases are pointless and they are never, ever going to win.

They need to drop the legal challenges and then at the same time they are then also calling Wasps' bluff.

We need more people on Wasps' back and hopefully if they are on the verge of forcing us out of making the terms increasingly untenable then more people might start turning their back on them and turning against them.

Nick

Administrator
In the clubs response... I don't read at all that it is the owners (Otium etal) pursuing the legal action against the council/wasp and not the football club(CCFC)..... has Tim lost his influence or are "we" now one and the same thing?

SISU can do it as the shareholders regardless of Fisher. They could get him out and bring in John Sillett, Gary Hoffman and Kev Monks. They would still have no say about it happening (but could just walk out). Either way, it would still be happening.

smileycov

Facebook User
Also opens them up for more legal action if they don't follow this through possibly? Perhaps another string to Sisu's bow, by highlighting their promise. Will be interesting to see.

Think it raises a lot of good points. Dave Boddy, has done a very good job since his appointment.

Joint statement from Cllr George Duggins, Leader of Coventry City Council and Cllr Gary Ridley, Leader of the Opposition Conservative Party, Coventry City Council: “Back in 2014, Coventry City Council was very clear that the existing tenancy the football club had to play at the Ricoh Arena must be honoured as part of any sale to Wasps.

“This tenancy had four years to run and the length was negotiated by the football club as its intention was to then move to a new stadium. As a result, this 2014 pledge was fulfilled by both Coventry City Council and Wasps.

“The fact that the football club is now struggling to have a confirmed ground to play in from next season cannot be the responsibility of Coventry City Council, particularly when this is a direct consequence of the football club’s owners decision to continue with their litigation. Whilst we can respect their right to pursue legal proceedings, we cannot be held responsible for the implications of them doing so.

Council have no commitment to ensure we are secure anymore!!

chiefdave

Realistically, what are the chances of us folding? Genuine question.
There is zero chance of Seppalla suddenly giving up the legal action. As far as I can work out that means there's 3 possible outcomes:

1) Wasps agree to talks and a new deal is signed - most likely another 1 or 2 year deal.

2) The authorities relax their 'can't play out of Cov' stance and we end up at Solihull / Walsall / Northampton / MK / some other place we don't want to be.

3) The club has nowhere to play, can't assure the authorities fixtures can be fulfilled, the golden share is withdrawn ending membership of the FL. Coventry City ceases to exist.

If option 3 happens at least everyone can meet up every Saturday at 3pm and celebrate how we got one over on SISU.

Nick

Administrator
Joint statement from Cllr George Duggins, Leader of Coventry City Council and Cllr Gary Ridley, Leader of the Opposition Conservative Party, Coventry City Council: “Back in 2014, Coventry City Council was very clear that the existing tenancy the football club had to play at the Ricoh Arena must be honoured as part of any sale to Wasps.

“This tenancy had four years to run and the length was negotiated by the football club as its intention was to then move to a new stadium. As a result, this 2014 pledge was fulfilled by both Coventry City Council and Wasps.

“The fact that the football club is now struggling to have a confirmed ground to play in from next season cannot be the responsibility of Coventry City Council, particularly when this is a direct consequence of the football club’s owners decision to continue with their litigation. Whilst we can respect their right to pursue legal proceedings, we cannot be held responsible for the implications of them doing so.

Council have no commitment to ensure we are secure anymore!!

Wasn't that done before it was sold to Wasps?

What they are saying is that Wasps couldn't kick the club out within the 4 years. That's not what was written, they are moving the goalposts.

The council can't really now wash it's hand with something that is in writing like that.

Robccfc87

There is zero chance of Seppalla suddenly giving up the legal action. As far as I can work out that means there's 3 possible outcomes:

1) Wasps agree to talks and a new deal is signed - most likely another 1 or 2 year deal.

2) The authorities relax their 'can't play out of Cov' stance and we end up at Solihull / Walsall / Northampton / MK / some other place we don't want to be.

3) The club has nowhere to play, can't assure the authorities fixtures can be fulfilled, the golden share is withdrawn ending membership of the FL. Coventry City ceases to exist.

If option 3 happens at least everyone can meet up every Saturday at 3pm and celebrate how we got one over on SISU.
So it's gotta be number 1 then? Hasn't it?!!!

eastwoodsdustman

SISU can do it as the shareholders regardless of Fisher. They could get him out and bring in John Sillett, Gary Hoffman and Kev Monks. They would still have no say about it happening (but could just walk out). Either way, it would still be happening.

The dream team.

Nick

Administrator
Henry Winter is now saying it is time for the FA and EFL to step in. He doesn't actually say what he wants them to do? It's as if it's to get fans worked up at them. They are just as helpless as the club.

Liquid Gold

If somebody was trying to sue me I wouldn't do business with them. We have been staring down the barrel for a while.
The message was loud and clear. SISU were either calling their bluff or just don't care.
Sisu don't care.

Wasps have been doing business with someone trying to sue them since they've been here. Apparently the working relationship between the club and them is good and they know full well the club has no say in the legal action.

Nick

Administrator
Sisu don't care.

Wasps have been doing business with someone trying to sue them since they've been here. Apparently the working relationship between the club and them is good and they know full well the club has no say in the legal action.

The JSB party has moved there from the Higgs... It's obvious that business is still being done.

They said the same last year to stop talks and then to not have any just to do it anwyay, it's a way to exert pressure.

pastythegreat

Very well put, exactly what I would have said in the club's position. The Trust need to come out with something encouraging talks too now.
That won't happen though. It'll just be another opportunity for a SISU bash.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

smileycov

Facebook User
Wasn't that done before it was sold to Wasps?

What they are saying is that Wasps couldn't kick the club out within the 4 years. That's not what was written, they are moving the goalposts.

The council can't really now wash it's hand with something that is in writing like that.
Not sure how it works, they way they are saying it though. Is they protected the club as long as we asked for (or sisu) so there job is done." Not our fault the legals are affecting things." really worrying that the council are so quick to wash there hands of us though. Bastards

pastythegreat

Realistically, what are the chances of us folding? Genuine question.
I'd say minimum. This is just worst case I'd say. They're pointing out to the council and w***s what COULD happen if they don't renew talks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not sure how it works, they way they are saying it though. Is they protected the club as long as we asked for (or sisu) so there job is done." Not our fault the legals are affecting things." really worrying that the council are so quick to wash there hands of us though. Bastards
Well they haven’t - they said “anything that threatens the existence of the football club”

Not “you can’t kick them out for 4 years”

clint van damme

I can't believe the amount of our support on social media who seem almost delighted at the prospect of the club going under just because they hate sisu.
Strange behaviour.
I bet you'd never see that from Chartlon/Newcastle/Blackpool etc. I don't think they'd see their club as acceptable collateral in getting one over on the owners.

Nick

Administrator

It is just their way of trying to get out of it.

It's quite telling that the first time a bit of pressure on the council about that they start bullshitting straight away.

It reads: The security and future of Coventry City Football Club

It doesn't mention anything about 4 years. In fact, if it was the current rental deal that we had at the time the word future is irrelevant.

skybluetony176

Says pretty much what I’ve said to the various parties I’ve emailed. Interestingly the club seems to have taken the same stance as me and not bothered asking or expecting our owners to do the right thing by the club. We’re reliant on anyone else but them being the good guys.

Still. I welcome the clubs open letter. What else could the club do.

Nick

Administrator
Says pretty much what I’ve said to the various parties I’ve emailed. Interestingly the club seems to have taken the same stance as me and not bothered asking or expecting our owners to do the right thing by the club. We’re reliant on anyone else but them being the good guys.

Still. I welcome the clubs open letter. What else could the club do.

Maybe they see it as pointless as everybody else.

I think if Boddy or Mark Hornby said anything like that they would probably just get ignored like the fans.

Edit: that isn't saying SISU aren't in any way to blame, before somebody says that!

Joy Division

Genuine question. At what point did SISU stop being the football club? They definitely took a back seat not so long ago as being seen as representing CCFC in the media.

Captain Dart

Do not rule out the EFL agreeing to the club playing at another ground to complete its fixtures.

They can't really say no can they.

Meanwhile I do not think there will be an agreement of any sort till the last moment.

Nick

Administrator
Genuine question. At what point did SISU stop being the football club? They definitely took a back seat not so long ago as being seen as representing CCFC in the media.

They never have been, have they?

People have no interest in understanding when they vent.

"SISU are the same entity as CCFC"
"They aren't"
"They own them"

I own a car, I'm not a car. If I was to drive said car into somebody on purpose then the car won't do the jail time for me.

clint van damme

if Wasps do a last minute u turn it will be great publicity for them. Even I would have to begrudgingly show a bit of gratitude.
If they leave us homeless it would be a PR nightmare and hopefully one that would turn a lot of people against them though some have their tongues so far up their stripey arses they could burn down an orphanage and they'd still defend them.

Joy Division

They've never been the club, they just own the club.

Same as we were never Geoffrey Robinson FC.

I know that, but there has recently been a clear rhetoric from the club that SISU are 'the owners' and what they do is different to CCFC. That's not always been the case since they've been here. Just trying to put my finger on when all that began to change.

Liquid Gold

if Wasps do a last minute u turn it will be great publicity for them. Even I would have to begrudgingly show a bit of gratitude.
If they leave us homeless it would be a PR nightmare and hopefully one that would turn a lot of people against them though some have their tongues so far up their stripey arses they could burn down an orphanage and they'd still defend them.
When the council said no killing orphans they meant for the first 4 years.

Nick

Administrator
I know that, but there has recently been a clear rhetoric from the club that SISU are 'the owners' and what they do is different to CCFC. That's not always been the case since they've been here. Just trying to put my finger on when all that began to change.

Probably when the PR campaigns were done to make people think that SISU were the club and that having a go at the club made people think they were "sticking it to SISU".

Grendel

Well they haven’t - they said “anything that threatens the existence of the football club”

Not “you can’t kick them out for 4 years”

Duggins should be sent to the ethics committee

Users who are viewing this thread