Only one man to blame for this- Thorn (1 Viewer)

DazzleTommyDazzle

So it's been proven as fact that he cancelled training 'cos he was hungover, has it? Hilarious.

Let's assume he was hungover - wouldn't be the first manager in history to have had a drink or few.

Why would that mean that training would have to be cancelled. Couldn't training be taken by the coaches, actually isn't that their job?

Grendel

Let's assume he was hungover - wouldn't be the first manager in history to have had a drink or few.

Why would that mean that training would have to be cancelled. Couldn't training be taken by the coaches, actually isn't that their job?

I think the supporters that still can't see the damage done by Thorn are the ones with an alcohol problem. Only explanation for their distorted view on reality.

dongonzalos

Always blamed Sisu for appointing him myself.

Strangely most(not all), pro-Thorn people were the most virulent anti-Sisu too.

I find it strange that u find that strange. SISU will appoint the new manager and everybody at the club works for them. If you dislike SISU, do you have to dislike every manager and player aswell.

I dislike the conservatives but if they make a good decision, I would be prety pathetic to disagree with it just because they made it.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think the supporters that still can't see the damage done by Thorn are the ones with an alcohol problem. Only explanation for their distorted view on reality.

I never thought that Thorn was great, just a guy trying his best in very difficult circumstances.

Completely understand why some people felt he should go, just don't like some of the unattributed nonsense that the zealots still feel the need to push.

covcity4life

Thorn - 3 points in 3 games

Shaw - 0 points in 3 games

Maybe he wasn't so bad after all?

are you dumb? they are both terrible records

whilst i think should have been given 10 games and prob would have added 3 points in next 3 games its safe to say that he wasnt the way forward either

Otis

The other thing here about Shaw is that you have to say that the team he has is entirely Andy Thorn's so he can hardly be blamed for that.

mattylad

I read some of the posts on here where city fans attack other city fans point of view rather than excepting people have different opinions and cant help but feel this is the true cancer that has spread through our club...its very sad.

lordsummerisle

I read some of the posts on here where city fans attack other city fans point of view rather than excepting people have different opinions and cant help but feel this is the true cancer that has spread through our club...its very sad.

I disagree vehemently, your opinion means nothing!

Sick Boy

A poster on here (who would have no reason to lie and has never been -'anti-Thorn') mentioned that Carl Baker's wife had told him about training being cancelled a lot and Baker having to keep himself fit. He was branded a liar immediately by people who didn't want to hear it.

I can't see why the poster or Baker's wife would suddenly start lying about it.

DazzleTommyDazzle

A poster on here (who would have no reason to lie and has never been -'anti-Thorn') mentioned that Carl Baker's wife had told him about training being cancelled a lot and Baker having to keep himself fit. He was branded a liar immediately by people who didn't want to hear it.

I can't see why the poster or Baker's wife would suddenly start lying about it.

Fair point. When has an anonymous post on a forum ever been found to be less than 100% true?

Isn't the truth that most people believe the "rumours" that fit their world view and ridicule the ones that contradict it?

SkyBlue_Bear83

The other thing here about Shaw is that you have to say that the team he has is entirely Andy Thorn's so he can hardly be blamed for that.
Except some saying on here that Thorn, Shaw and Carsley all created the shortlist of players for new players into the club.
That of course is when people were saying the new signings looked good, now they had a few shit games they are Thorn's players again

Sick Boy

Fair point. When has an anonymous post on a forum ever been found to be less than 100% true?

Isn't the truth that most people believe the "rumours" that fit their world view and ridicule the ones that contradict it?

Fair point but it the poster seems decent and seemed to back Thron to a certain extent. I don't see why he would start making up such allegations.

If this sort of thing was actually going on though then it is a disgrace and it is hardly a surprise we find ourselves in this position.

Sick Boy

Except some saying on here that Thorn, Shaw and Carsley all created the shortlist of players for new players into the club.
That of course is when people were saying the new signings looked good, now they had a few shit games they are Thorn's players again

In much the same way as if the signings had been a success, Thorn would have been given credit by certain posters.

They were recently described as 'Thorn's final Gift'.

Otis

I certainly wasn't one of them and as I said previously on another thread I don't recall who said that.

JazzCat

Sadly that is what the internet has bought about. Everyone is now an expert... everyone can voice their opinion anonymously... if you disagree you become an "idiot"

DazzleTommyDazzle

In much the same way as if the signings had been a success, Thorn would have been given credit by certain posters.

They were recently described as 'Thorn's final Gift'.

True.

When the signings looked good, that was the stance taken by "pro Thorn" posters.

Conversely "anti Thorn" posters were saying that the credit should go to Waggot (or Shaw or Carsley).

Now they're not looking so good, the arguments have been reversed.

Oh what fun!!

lordsummerisle

True.

When the signings looked good, that was the stance taken by "pro Thorn" posters.

Conversely "anti Thorn" posters were saying that the credit should go to Waggot (or Shaw or Carsley).

Now they're not looking so good, the arguments have been reversed.

Oh what fun!!

I said all credit(or debit) should go to Thorn for scouting the players he did for this season(Though wouldn't credit Thorn with "scouting" Kilbane as he was hardly an unearthed, unknown gem, much to MMM's strange ranting disgust).

Last edited:

Grendel

I said all credit(or debit) should go to Thorn for scouting the players he did for this season(Though wouldn't credit Thorn with "scouting" Kilbane as he was hardly an unearthed, unknown gem, much to MMM's strange ranting disgust.

Kevin who? Never heard of him.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I said all credit(or debit) should go to Thorn for scouting the players he did for this season(Though wouldn't credit Thorn with "scouting" Kilbane as he was hardly an unearthed, unknown gem, much to MMM's strange ranting disgust).

Didn't have you in mind Lord.

Whilst we don't always agree, your posts tend to either have some reason or some humour in them.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Perhaps you'd be so good as to navigate me to such an outburst? Either that, or we'll file it along with all the other sarcastic hyperbole, eh?

sky blue john

I don't see myself as pro or anti Thorn !!!
I don't see Thorn as a tactical genius and I do agree with the anti Thorn brigade regarding substitutions.
But I do have sympathy for him regarding I think he got a raw deal and has become the scapegoat for most on here.
Hi first season kept us up with a decent squad !!
Second season he had his hands tied behind his back as key players didn't get replaced !!
Third season players sold released and replaced with second and third choice freebies because Sisu kept us in the embargo for to long and so we missed the boat with first choice signings !!

Now the responsibility in my book lays at the door of Sisu !!
Now I believe if the manager isn't supported with four of five loan signings quickly we will not improve beyond mid table at best !!!
Even with a new manager we probably won't see an upturn until we get new owners that have the funds to sort out the stadium ownership side.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

lordsummerisle;270942 Your memory as poor as your judgement MMM. [url said:
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/20008-Thorns-final-gift[/url]....

Where do I mention Kilbane in any way there? I mention Barton, and then I add jennings and Fleck; and where do I even come close to suggesting he 'scouted' Kilbane?

Your evidence being as poor as your argument, lordsummerisle

lordsummerisle

Where do I mention Kilbane in any way there? I mention Barton, and then I add jennings and Fleck; and where do I even come close to suggesting he 'scouted' Kilbane?

Your evidence being as poor as your argument, lordsummerisle

It was my saying that he couldn't be credited for scouting Kilbane that caused you to jump with your hob-nailed boots into the discussion, flailing witlessly as usual, without any reading of what was actually said.

As I said then, and still stand by it now, Thorn deserves any credit or brickbats for his signings then.

Brickbats which you will be most reluctant to throw I'd imagine, though very quick to allocate credit.

Users who are viewing this thread