Ominous Marc McNulty tweet? (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

To be fair, the underlying message is not a bad one. The grass is not always greener. Here he is the number 1 striker at a club where he's loved. Moving to being a squad member at a higher level and having to bide your time for the opportunity to prove yourself, while being under pressure to do so when the chance does come your way, can be difficult for a player. The article is horribly worded though.
A 'Please stay Marc!' article that coherently lays out that argument with some anecdotes from an ex player who made the step up somewhere but went on to struggle would have been a much much better article than Mortimer basically saying ' yeah but you might be shit somewhere else'
Mortimer went on to struggle?, I'm sure I've seen him lifting the European cup as captain of Villa in 81.

Esoterica

Mortimer went on to struggle?, I'm sure I've seen him lifting the European cup as captain of Villa in 81.
I didn't mean he struggled but that the article would have been much more meaningful if for example it was worded a bit more diplomatically and then supplemented with some anecdote from an ex player (any!) who had struggled after a move up, rather than just a copy paste of Mortimer's ramblings, which is what that article basically is..

larry_david

Just repeating the thoughts here. They can fook off. Does that question even need to be asked. Fuelling fire and anger for the sake of a quiet Friday morning. Pathetic

NortonSkyBlue

Dennis Mortimer says he should stay at Coventry as it is the devil you know.
A European cup winning captain is saying the grass isn't always greener.
One of the greatest players to pull on the Sky Blue shirt is saying to a third division footballer stay at the club that I still love.'
The c**t.

larry_david

It's not that though is it. Why ask him the fucking question 10 days after we've just won at Wembley. If its a week before the season starts and cov announce mcnulty has rejected a new contract fair enough. But mcnulty has done nothing but praise ccfc, the fans and the season and the telegraph have already started whispering about him leaving

NortonSkyBlue

It's not that though is it. Why ask him the fucking question 10 days after we've just won at Wembley. If its a week before the season starts and cov announce mcnulty has rejected a new contract fair enough. But mcnulty has done nothing but praise ccfc, the fans and the season and the telegraph have already started whispering about him leaving
If there is a conspiracy theory!
The guy was asked a question at a CCFC golf day and answered. No grassy knoll here.
Read in to it what you like but McNulty coming or going will not depend on a few words from an OAP who clearly was speaking to his aidience.

Johnnythespider

I didn't mean he struggled but that the article would have been much more meaningful if for example it was worded a bit more diplomatically and then supplemented with some anecdote from an ex player (any!) who had struggled after a move up, rather than just a copy paste of Mortimer's ramblings, which is what that article basically is..
Fair play mate, my mistake

SBT

So should the CT only report nice comments about the club? Maybe they can replace Andy Turner with the Moscow Evening Telegraph sports editor.

Otis

So should the CT only report nice comments about the club? Maybe they can replace Andy Turner with the Moscow Evening Telegraph sports editor.
No, we can't do that, cos he mysteriously fell off a 20 storey building last week.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It's a bit random. Don't see what they are trying to do.

I guess entertain themselves, but it’s very poor form and needless we’ve had a hell of a lot of strikers in recent years that have contributed nothing that they’ve never gone after yet they pick on the bloke who’s scored 28 goals!

NortonSkyBlue

I guess entertain themselves, but it’s very poor form and needless we’ve had a hell of a lot of strikers in recent years that have contributed nothing that they’ve never gone after yet they pick on the bloke who’s scored 28 goals!
There"s the mountain, now where is that molehill?

Happy_Martian

The guy was asked a question at a CCFC golf day and answered. No grassy knoll here.

Seeing the poor attempt at an interview with Big Ron, I fear there were enough ex-players at this golfing event to keep the CovTel in stories for at least a couple of weeks. An abject display of how to piss off fans and players in a 7 hour binge.

NortonSkyBlue

Seeing the poor attempt at an interview with Big Ron, I fear there were enough ex-players at this golfing event to keep the CovTel in stories for at least a couple of weeks. An abject display of how to piss off fans and players in a 7 hour binge.
Too sensitive IMO. Asked a question, gave an answer.
It's doesn't warrant the outcry on here, especially as it's only an opinion, nobody is hurt and the challenge has been set to McNulty to stay and score goals in a higher division.
Call me a fool but I would have thought that was what we all want?

Old Warwickshire lad

Don’t slag Mortimer off,he was one of the best we ever had and never wanted to move.
None of us want McNulty to leave ( lot of you should remember what you said after his first 12 games )
But if he gets an offer upping his wages by 2 or 3 times he will be gone. It will be nothing to do with local rag Dennis or anyone else,it comes down to hard cash.
But if you really need to blame someone blame the fans, he made a telling comment about the boo boys whilst picking up his player of the year award

SBT

Hate to say it, but McNulty is being precious. Slightly concerning that he's that worked up by one word at the end of a mostly positive article. God help us if he gets an AK-47 tattooed on his leg this summer.

larry_david

I can't believe anyone booed him. I actually can't believe it even when he wasn't scoring he looked like the only player to do soemthing other than Jones

BackRoomRummermill

Does he come across as if he fancies his chances at a bigger club? or is he just standing his corner??

Some context: It was replying to a tweet of the article that Dennis Mortimer said it might not work out well for Sparky if he moved clubs

Coventry City legend has this warning for Marc McNulty

No it’s not Mcnulty said the same to to the daily record weeks ago almost verbatim in fact

DYOR it not ominous at all , the daily record went to him , a forgotten Scottish young talent , it’s fact

Marc McNulty on verge of breaking 25-year Coventry City scoring record

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Apparently McNulty was on a drunken video taking the piss saying he was going to Gillingham (not being serious but having a laugh)? Anybody seen it?

Otis

Apparently McNulty was on a drunken video taking the piss saying he was going to Gillingham (not being serious but having a laugh)? Anybody seen it?
You've done it now.

That's CT's headline tomorrow right there.

Nick

Administrator
This is the one:

Looks like a pissed up wind up for Gaz! :)

I wonder if McNulty even knows Gaz ha.

Give it a week and Gaz will be sat in a cafe looking sad, Telegraph taking photos and talking to him about the bullying he received from a CCFC player and how it's damaged his life.

If only I had stayed at Cov!
200w.gif
Who’s that ?

Otis

As he's missing a sitter, it could be any from a long list of previous strikers.

CovInEssex

My bad, didn't know it had already been posted.

Hopefully he's just winding ginger gaz up? Hopefully? Please?

wingy

My bad, didn't know it had already been posted.

Hopefully he's just winding ginger gaz up? Hopefully? Please?
Yeah But now you've lost Bookie points .
Nicks link in that thread doesn't send you here either but to the Tapatalk option!!!
Grrrr. :p

Users who are viewing this thread