Oldham (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

James Smith

We have needed an experienced GK in the squad from the start of the season. I know he's still learning but these mistakes are costing us too many points.

We do need a reliable keeper and if RCC needs a rest then we need a replacement who isn't Burge.
SL seems to think that he was obstructed by our own defenders, I'll wait to see it on the TV.

Gazolba

We do need a reliable keeper and if RCC needs a rest then we need a replacement who isn't Burge.

The thing is though if our strikers were doing their job, their late goal wouldn't have mattered. We should have been 2-0 up long before.

No Way Back

If we're honest there have been few matches where we've really looked like automatic promotion material. Gillingham game probably got us all a bit carried away. Trusting TM to sort this out soon.

Grendel

It was out of Vincelot and O'Brien, who were also the 2 players who could really hold their heads high too.

Stokes had a really good game.

Hobo

Vincelot for me TM's best signing by far

Otis

Don't think we need to get too carried away with dissecting the team and today's performance.

1. We missed Fleck. No doubt about it. Bigi did okay, but Fleck would get the vote over him every day of the week without question.

2. We badly missed Ricketts. Missed his calmness and organisation of the back line. The difference between him and Phillips is vast. Phillips lacks the calmness on the ball and is a lot more jittery.

3. We badly missed Ben Turner once he went off.

Let's be realistic here, losing those 3 key players was a massive blow. We can cope without one, at a push maybe two, but certainly not all three of them.

No-one can deny that the game changed once Ben Turner went off today.

lifeskyblue

I agree Vincelot, job, stokes were good. Martin and Bigi reasonable the rest pretty ordinary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

I think it's important to remember that RCC made a very good save for the corner that led to the goal. The problem for me today was the tempo was lacking and we tried to sit on the lead.

H

Huckerby

Don't think we need to get too carried away with dissecting the team and today's performance.

1. We missed Fleck. No doubt about it. Bigi did okay, but Fleck would get the vote over him every day of the week without question.

2. We badly missed Ricketts. Missed his calmness and organisation of the back line. The difference between him and Phillips is vast. Phillips lacks the calmness on the ball and is a lot more jittery.

3. We badly missed Ben Turner once he went off.

Let's be realistic here, losing those 3 key players was a massive blow. We can cope without one, at a push maybe two, but certainly not all three of them.

No-one can deny that the game changed once Ben Turner went off today.
You're right to be far. Its just so frustrating

Otis

I think it's important to remember that RCC made a very good save for the corner that led to the goal. The problem for me today was the tempo was lacking and we tried to sit on the lead.

Oldham were quite clever in that they almost forced TM's hand into bringing Fortune on. They suddenly started pressing us high up and the pitch and closing us down and RCC had to resort to long boots up the field. It was a battle neither Cole or Armstong were ever going to win, so TM had to bring a taget man man on in Fortune.

covcity4life

Seconds away from a battling win. So gutted

Stokes vincelot Bigi kent and Obrien all played great. But overall it wasn't a vintage performance at all.

Missed chance to gain on Burton
Bad day

Otis

Seconds away from a battling win. So gutted

Stokes vincelot Bigi kent and Obrien all played great. But overall it wasn't a vintage performance at all.

Missed chance to gain on Burton
Bad day

You think Kent played well? I noticed he got a standing ovation when he went off, but again I found him really frustrating with his lack of end product.

stupot07

You think Kent played well? I noticed he got a standing ovation when he went off, but again I found him really frustrating with his lack of end product.

Someone on the radio thought JOB was poor.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Kent was v good otis imo. Ran his ass of looked da heroes for us. Also worked harder defensively than normal

Obrien and vincelot were warriors out there today. Deserved to be on winning team

Nick

Administrator
Kent was v good otis imo. Ran his ass of looked da heroes for us. Also worked harder defensively than normal

Obrien and vincelot were warriors out there today. Deserved to be on winning team

"da heroes", is that gangsta rap terms for doing step overs and losing the ball?

covcity4life

He did more in attacking sense than the other front 4 though which is my point.

Foots all about opinions though. Didn't you say Rcc is worse than burge earlier? Crazy to me for e.g

Nick

Administrator
He did more in attacking sense than the other front 4 though which is my point.

Foots all about opinions though. Didn't you say Rcc is worse than burge earlier? Crazy to me for e.g

I said he has made worse mistakes. Which he has hasn't he? He has also made some great saves.

He did less than Joe Cole, he got an assist.

stupot07

61% possession and only 11 shots.

Hardly created anything of note, IIRC Armstrong had 1 chance in the entire game a wild volley around the 90tg minute mark.

Oldham came with a plan let our back 4, Bigi and Vincelot have it deep and had a hoot 4141 shape that was difficult to break down.

4 games without a win, 3 points in the last 4, teams look like they've started to work us out. We need to turn this around and quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Hardly created anything of note, IIRC Armstrong had 1 chance in the entire game a wild volley around the 90tg minute mark.

Oldham came with a plan let our back 4, Bigi and Vincelot have it deep and had a hoot 4141 shape that was difficult to break down.

4 games without a win, 3 points in the last 4, teams look like they've started to work us out. We need to turn this around and quick.

He had that short in firs tminute too

Should have squared it to obrien

Otis

You're forgetting the great chance Armstrong had in the first minute, stu.

stupot07

You're forgetting the great chance Armstrong had in the first minute, stu.

Oh forgot that one! Still poor, we need to be creating him more than that. His volley was more of a half chance really.

The stats are almost Pressley-Esque

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oh forgot that one! Still poor, we need to be creating him more than that. His volley was more of a half chance really.

The stats are almost Pressley-Esque

Yea too much sideways crap creeping in over the last month, pretty static in terms of movement as well at times. I want to see Maddison, Lamieras and JOB play together again and get the pass and move game going again.

Kent and Murphy are good players but they are more pick up the ball and run fast with it rather than one/two touch pass and move.

Last edited:
H

Huckerby

Yea too much sideways crap creeping in over the last month, pretty static in terms of movement as well at times. I want to see Maddison, Lamieras and JOB play together again and get the pass and move game going again.

Kent and Murphy are good players but they are more pick up the ball and run fast with it rather than one/two touch pass and move.
PLEASE give us this back

Users who are viewing this thread