Ohh bugger (2 Viewers)

Otis

I am just a realist and we have to face facts.

Just 4 games won all season.

A squad that isn't big enough

No away wins.

Just 6 goals scored in 12 away games.

20 goals conceded in those 12 away games.

9 defeats in 12 away games.

The fact that every single club that has been bottom of the table at Christmas in the past 10 seasons have all gone down.

We don't score enough.

Please tell me where the optimism lies?

We are nailed on for relegation .... unless a takeover happens and even then it will probably be too late. Think we have to wake up and smell the coffee. Even if we have a good run now it will almost certainly still be too late. We will surely need at least 48 points for survival. That's 29 points from 21 games and will need play-off form for the remainder of the season. We now probably need to win almost half those remaining 21 games to be in with a chance.

Sorry but we're just about a nailed on certainty for the drop.

Last edited:

cloughie

I am just a realist and we have to face facts.

Just 4 games won all season.

A squad that isn't big enough

No away wins.

Just 6 goals scored in 12 away games.

20 goals conceded in those 12 away games.

9 defeats in 12 away games.

The fact that every single club that has been bottom of the table at Christmas in the past 10 seasons have all gone down.

We don't score enough.

Please tell me where the optimism lies?

We are nailed on for relegation .... unless a takeover happens and even then it will probably be too late. Think we have to wake up and smell the coffee. Even if we have a good run now it will almost certainly still be too late. We will surely need at least 48 points for survival. That's 29 points from 21 games and will need play-off form for the remainder of the season. We now probably need to win almost half those remaining 21 games to be in with a chance.

Sorry but we're just about a nailed on certainty for the drop.

I agree when I look at it logically yet...........The fact that every single club that has been bottom of the table at Christmas in the past 10 seasons have all gone down.

Records have to be broken sometime, I have the slightest glimmer of hope that it could be us.... Maybe?

crowsnest

I agree when I look at it logically yet...........The fact that every single club that has been bottom of the table at Christmas in the past 10 seasons have all gone down.

Records have to be broken sometime, I have the slightest glimmer of hope that it could be us.... Maybe?

Not true.
Doncaster 2008/09 - bottom at Christmas, finished 14th.

Skyblueloyal

We are relegated unless we sack Thorne.

Ok then we sack Thorn.

1, Who comes in ?

2, We will still have the same players.

3, We still have no money

4, The transfer window closes in just 27 days..

Sacking the manager has always been the easy way out, we had 16 managers since we won the Cup in 1987

I will stick by Thorn I think even Sir Alex would struggle with what he's had to put up with and the players he's lost

Otis

i got the info from CWR. Twas them who said the last 10 teams bottom at Christmas had all gone down.

torchomatic

And it was also mentioned on the commentary on the highlights on the BBC website.

Moff

i got the info from CWR. Twas them who said the last 10 teams bottom at Christmas had all gone down.

Otis as per the above and your previous post, I love peoples optimism but we are down.

It hurts but I have accepted it now and so the hurt is spread out a bit more, or if the unlikely happens and hell freezes over and we stay up, I will see it as a miracle and rejoice with a quiet schooner or two.

Otis

Would love to believe it. But why on earth would we believe we are suddenly going to start picking up points away from home, bearing in mind we have scored just 6 goals in 12 away matches.

1 goal scored every 2 games. Not good enough and no sign that things will improve in that department. Don't do away games but it seems clearly apparent that we are too defensive on our travels.

craigus12

Even if a miracle happens, ccfc will still be a struggling side next season.

Rather go down and attempt to at least win more games than lose next season and start the perilous journey upward.

Otis

Would disagree there slightly.

If a takeover happens and we go down we should be challenging at the right end of League One next season.

wingy

While its tough and as said virtually impossible ,there is a glimmer ,since deegans introduction and Keoghs captaincy there is a differemt vibe in the team ,these last three performances have been a revelation ,and it could have been 7-9 points rather than six,that was a massive performance at WH and should have yielded sometthing ,itis the finishing department where we come up short ,4-5 good efforts ,nil goals.if they can maintain this ,everygames a cup final attitude there is hope:)

Users who are viewing this thread