O'Hare (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Hearing it's definitely an ACL.

Never get any luck supporting Cov is there?

Prime asset with a possibly career changing injury. Loss of one of our best players and now another body down. In dire need of additions in January.

covcity4life

My uncle drug tested him after game and said knee was swollen and blue. Didn't look good at all

Could be lengthy absence :(

Grendel

An ACL can happen to anyone but the small squad is causing problems beyond tiredness. Eccles, Dabo, Godden, Walker, Waggy, Fadz etc all injured this season while we are continued to push Gyökeres, O'Hare, Hamer to their limits.

We can’t even really make massive changes for the cup game

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

higgs

Hearing it's definitely an ACL.

Never get any luck supporting Cov is there?

Prime asset with a possibly career changing injury. Loss of one of our best players and now another body down. In dire need of additions in January.
Sucks

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

chiefdave

An ACL can happen to anyone but the small squad is causing problems beyond tiredness. Eccles, Dabo, Godden, Walker, Waggy, Fadz etc all injured this season while we are continued to push Gyökeres, O'Hare, Hamer to their limits.
Heard Jimmy Anderson talking about Stuart Broad back in 2021 and he mentioned that with all the data they have now players are classed as being in a green, yellow or red zone and players in the red zone were susceptible to injury, particularly muscle injuries

Interestingly while being overused and tired was cited as an issue another big issue was not playing, those on the fringes would come in having not played for weeks and be more liable to injury. Wonder if we will see a surge in injuries thanks to the World Cup break

With a small squad we will reqularly be playing those who are in the red zone simply because there aren't replacements of the required standard. It's a difficult balance with such limited funds. Do you build a first XI capable of challenging or a squad of 20 plus players who you hope will keep you just above the relegation zone

Brighton Sky Blue

Heard Jimmy Anderson talking about Stuart Broad back in 2021 and he mentioned that with all the data they have now players are classed as being in a green, yellow or red zone and players in the red zone were susceptible to injury, particularly muscle injuries

Interestingly while being overused and tired was cited as an issue another big issue was not playing, those on the fringes would come in having not played for weeks and be more liable to injury. Wonder if we will see a surge in injuries thanks to the World Cup break

With a small squad we will reqularly be playing those who are in the red zone simply because there aren't replacements of the required standard. It's a difficult balance with such limited funds. Do you build a first XI capable of challenging or a squad of 20 plus players who you hope will keep you just above the relegation zone

No you aim to have 2 Championship standard players per position with 3 prospects to make up the numbers.

chiefdave

No you aim to have 2 Championship standard players per position with 3 prospects to make up the numbers.
do you think that's possible with the budget Robins will have? I'm not convinced he's sat on a big pot of cash and choosing to have a small squad, think he's working with limited funds and trying to juggle the requirements

NorthernWisdom

do you think that's possible with the budget Robins will have? I'm not convinced he's sat on a big pot of cash and choosing to have a small squad, think he's working with limited funds and trying to juggle the requirements
The irony being that attacking midfield has Palmer there too, and Allen, and even Waghorn potentially, so is one of the positions we're well covered in. The issue being, that O'Hare has proven key to our tempo so always plays and had shown himself pretty indestructable for us last year.

rexo87

What we don't need is panic buying average players on long contracts in Jan. What has held us back this season is having Kelly, Walker, Waghorn etc taking up a considerable amount of the budget. I would rather loans in Jan to get us through to the end of the season and then rebuild in the summer

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Well still with us next season there will be

Moore or Wilson
O’Hare
Godden
McF perhaps
Rose perhaps
Dabo
Burroughs
Bidwell
Sheaf
Palmer
Allen
Eccles
Tavares

The rest will be sold or released, leaving us with hopefully a lot of freed up wages and good fees for Hamer and Gyo. Christ knows what will happen with O’Hare and if his injury is as serious as feared the odds are we’ll never get close to what Burnley offered in the summer. He’s on big wages for us and we won’t be able to sell him on for the foreseeable.

It should in any case leave us able to rebuild the squad as we see fit.

slowpoke

The extent of O’Hares injury will I’m sure influence the January transfer policy with or without any Doug King funds, Robins is probably working on it now has three more loans available to him I’m sure another forward in was always going to happen could there be another now.

skybluetony176

As others have said. I’d take avoiding relegation as things stand. Who knows, maybe the takeover will happen and Robins will get money to strengthen the squad, even if it’s a few loans.

Get well soon Callum, hope you can make it back before the end of the season.

SkyBlueSam01

Depends on how severe a rupture is a long job can be a while before any op.

Main thing to wait on before the op is for the swelling to subside a bit so the surgeon can actually get into the knee. With the tech we have I'd imagine op within a few weeks (assuming ACL) but as stated will be a 12 month+ recovery

Dickie

What we don't need is panic buying average players on long contracts in Jan. What has held us back this season is having Kelly, Walker, Waghorn etc taking up a considerable amount of the budget. I would rather loans in Jan to get us through to the end of the season and then rebuild in the summer

All three Sheff Utd goals were scored by PL loans. Be good to get a few more in. Although we already have two.

rexo87

All three Sheff Utd goals were scored by PL loans. Be good to get a few more in. Although we already have two.
Think we may as well use our full quota of 5 for the rest of the season. Squad needs some more energy and young players from the prem should provide that

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Main thing to wait on before the op is for the swelling to subside a bit so the surgeon can actually get into the knee. With the tech we have I'd imagine op within a few weeks (assuming ACL) but as stated will be a 12 month+ recovery
Indeed. Wonder if it will be a patellar tendon B2B graft as opposed to hamstring with the injury he had earlier in the season.

Users who are viewing this thread