O'Hare bids (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

To be honest the World Cup is on for a month so we’re basically missing him for half a season

Yep, I think there's 21 games before the World Cup including the cup game.

pusbccfc

With a shit pitch and O'Hare out until after the WC, will Robins consider a change in style/formation to a more direct and aggressive approach like that late on against Sunderland?

Matt smith

With a shit pitch and O'Hare out until after the WC, will Robins consider a change in style/formation to a more direct and aggressive approach like that late on against Sunderland?
I think we’ll continue to try and play the same way, I trust the manager to get some players off the wage bill and bring in at least one more signing

Frostie

No. Our entire team, tactics & recruitment strategy are all geared around an identity & style of play - as with all successful teams.
You can be pragmatic within that to a point but ripping it up & starting again is a sure-fire recipe for disaster.

NorthernWisdom

No. Our entire team, tactics & recruitment strategy are all geared around an identity & style of play - as with all successful teams.
You can be pragmatic within that to a point but ripping it up & starting again is a sure-fire recipe for disaster.
Yeah, I'd assume pragmatism accepts that whoever plays instead of O'Hare won't fulfill the same role he does in entirety, so it's tweaking what the players around him do rather than changing the system?

Matt smith

100% agree with this, COH is key to us but we should continue to play how we play. Like I said, I don’t believe in this ‘there’s no chance someone will come in’

I think one of a RWB or a CAM will be in the building by September 1st.

I think Dabo and tayo have to start, I’d then play Palmer and take him off after 60 in the hope we’re winning then Allen is perfect

Calista

It seems to be accepted on here that we need to sell a big player to make ends meet in the short term. Now O’Hare isn’t in the shop window, what happens?

Genuine questions:

Would it be possible for Sisu to put funds in to plug the hole, or is there some rule that would prevent it?
Assuming it’s possible, does Sisu’s policy towards CCFC mean they simply won’t do it, even temporarily?
Do Sisu even have the money?

Really don’t want the downward spiral to start again, with the club’s on-field and off-field prospects damaged by short-sightedness and inflexibility.

Grendel

It seems to be accepted on here that we need to sell a big player to make ends meet in the short term. Now O’Hare isn’t in the shop window, what happens?

Genuine questions:

Would it be possible for Sisu to put funds in to plug the hole, or is there some rule that would prevent it?
Assuming it’s possible, does Sisu’s policy towards CCFC mean they simply won’t do it, even temporarily?
Do Sisu even have the money?

Really don’t want the downward spiral to start again, with the club’s on-field and off-field prospects damaged by short-sightedness and inflexibility.

Sisu themselves really have no money - they have investor portfolios and could potentially bridge short term loans - typically at between 11% and 17% - of course they may have already done this in anticipation of a sale

rexo87

Palmer looked like he knew exactly how to play that role when he came on last week. For 60 mins Allen was running around getting nowhere near the ball and then Palmer came on and was in the right positions. Most of what he did on the ball was fairly poor but gives me confidence that once he is up to speed he will be fine. Would much rather Waghorn plays the 10 role than Allen as well

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Palmer looked like he knew exactly how to play that role when he came on last week. For 60 mins Allen was running around getting nowhere near the ball and then Palmer came on and was in the right positions. Most of what he did on the ball was fairly poor but gives me confidence that once he is up to speed he will be fine. Would much rather Waghorn plays the 10 role than Allen as well

I’d rather see Waghorn given a go and a second chance. Although I doubt he’ll be staying around

Reactions: AOM

Jamesimus

Most of what he did on the ball was fairly poor but gives me confidence that once he is up to speed he will be fine.

Didn't seem shy about trying stuff and although some / all of the threaded passes didn't work out, I don't think he is there for ball retention. Looked composed enough on the ball. Really hope he does well for us.

shmmeee

Didn't seem shy about trying stuff and although some / all of the threaded passes didn't work out, I don't think he is there for ball retention. Looked composed enough on the ball. Really hope he does well for us.

Yeah Allen’s got ridiculous pass completion because he plays simple passes and lots of them. That’s not what you want in the final third where the safe pass is rarely the right one.

Calista

Sisu themselves really have no money - they have investor portfolios and could potentially bridge short term loans - typically at between 11% and 17% - of course they may have already done this in anticipation of a sale
So on behalf of their investors Sisu prop up CCFC with minimal investment and extortionate loans, purely as a vehicle to try and get the stadium by distressing people – the Council and the charity (failed) and now Wasps (working?). It’s real estate rather than football.

I don’t really get it, because the stadium doesn’t exactly seem to be a golden goose. Surely the broadcasting rights in the Prem would be massively more lucrative.

btw I thought there was no sale in prospect, and it was all made up?

pusbccfc

Playing Allen in that position is also a recipe for disaster.

mark82

Agents talk to players not clubs, in fact i have sat in front of agents talking about offers from clubs to contracted players. If Burnley could of agreed the price i was told and have no reason not to believe it, that the player did know the deal. He also would of found it impossible to turn down. So no club wastes time on doing deals without finding out if the player is interested or what the players current deal is. Agents are key in fact they become the legal way of tapping up players.

I suppose ask Better day or SBB as they know the players or player. They may know the same person who i know, im only giving my opinion and only saying what ive been told

Yeah, I know it happens, it just sucks as it unsettles players.

mark82

So on behalf of their investors Sisu prop up CCFC with minimal investment and extortionate loans, purely as a vehicle to try and get the stadium by distressing people – the Council and the charity (failed) and now Wasps (working?). It’s real estate rather than football.

I don’t really get it, because the stadium doesn’t exactly seem to be a golden goose. Surely the broadcasting rights in the Prem would be massively more lucrative.

btw I thought there was no sale in prospect, and it was all made up?

He means in anticipation of the sale of a player.

Skybluedownunder

I am hearing longer than 10 weeks. Possibly towards 4 months. Club will announce soonish and I'm sure the likes of Dawkins will be tweeting it.

From back heeling a ball. Fuck me this is tragic! This is like when I think it was Andy Whing got injured eating lasagna or that guy the other year cut his toe open in the shower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samo

From back heeling a ball. Fuck me this is tragic! This is like when I think it was Andy Whing got injured eating lasagna or that guy the other year cut his toe open in the shower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's true it is.
It is a coincidence that it falls at the same time as reports of a sale or potential new investor behind the scenes. It is at such times that all transfer activity ceases until a deal is done.

Offhegoes

Don't agree that most of what he did was poor. We suddenly had a link between midfield and attack when he came on. He played several clever passes and flicks that got us forward. Jamie Allen wasn't offering that, but that's not his position. If Palmer can be given license to try these things (which he should if he's playing No.10) then I think he'll be really good. I bet Pearson was playing him out of position, and expecting a lot of defensive work which is where the problems came from. He also looked up for it, was in the referee's ear from the start.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Don't agree that most of what he did was poor. We suddenly had a link between midfield and attack when he came on. He played several clever passes and flicks that got us forward. Jamie Allen wasn't offering that, but that's not his position. If Palmer can be given license to try these things (which he should if he's playing No.10) then I think he'll be really good. I bet Pearson was playing him out of position, and expecting a lot of defensive work which is where the problems came from. He also looked up for it, was in the referee's ear from the start.

Username checks out.

Users who are viewing this thread