O'Hare bids (6 Viewers)

rexo87

Imagine Burnley are waiting on Cornet to be sold, but that doesn't look imminent.
Hope someone else comes in while they are messing around. Preferably a Premier League side

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

blunted

Do I like Sisu? NO. Do I think we are now a well run club? On the playing side, YES, and the penny appears to have finally dropped with SISU regarding transfer fees. Is O'Hare leaving? Maybe.
I think the City are approaching this perfectly. Namely, we have set a price on all our top players and if you don't meet that price swivel. The only fly in the ointment with this approach is if the player forces a move which undermines the club's stance.
I do not want O'Hare to leave. I feel he is a talisman to the team and exemplifies everything that is good about football amongst a sea of mercenary players who don't give a shit for any club. He works his socks off, has stamina, wants to play every game and rarely, if ever, gets injured. I want us to be promoted this year with O'Hare, but I am a realist and if he goes, it is with all the goodwill in the world. If he plays against us, I will cheer him on, (as long as he doesn't play too well).
Not sure Burnley is a good move for our boy.

slowpoke

The annoying prospect is if O’Hare goes to Burnley & they fail to go straight back to the Premiership they will probably have to sell players like O’Hare possibly for a lot more than they pay for him.

Grendel

Do I like Sisu? NO. Do I think we are now a well run club? On the playing side, YES, and the penny appears to have finally dropped with SISU regarding transfer fees. Is O'Hare leaving? Maybe.
I think the City are approaching this perfectly. Namely, we have set a price on all our top players and if you don't meet that price swivel. The only fly in the ointment with this approach is if the player forces a move which undermines the club's stance.
I do not want O'Hare to leave. I feel he is a talisman to the team and exemplifies everything that is good about football amongst a sea of mercenary players who don't give a shit for any club. He works his socks off, has stamina, wants to play every game and rarely, if ever, gets injured. I want us to be promoted this year with O'Hare, but I am a realist and if he goes, it is with all the goodwill in the world. If he plays against us, I will cheer him on, (as long as he doesn't play too well).
Not sure Burnley is a good move for our boy.

The hierarchy have admitted they need to sell 1 player. So we won’t make anyone in the end swivel. We can’t afford our wage bill without selling one

larry_david

The annoying prospect is if O’Hare goes to Burnley & they fail to go straight back to the Premiership they will probably have to sell players like O’Hare possibly for a lot more than they pay for him.
Yeah but we get a 15% sell on, it stops us selling another player in 2 seasons time

The Philosopher

I’m not sure he’ll go. I thought (for no reason other than feeling in my bones) he’d end up at Wolves. Don’t know why. I’d be wanting to wait until next window, if we are up there then that’s one thing, if not, cash out and build.

Evo1883

The hierarchy have admitted they need to sell 1 player. So we won’t make anyone in the end swivel. We can’t afford our wage bill without selling one
I see you say this but I need to see it , where is the proof we have to sell

Reactions: vow

Evo1883

Grendel is very clued up about the financial aspect of the game to be fair. Just lets himself down with calls for taxis and Kenny Jackett 😉

That's fair enough , but he still needs to provide proof that we have to sell , otherwise its guess work

Grendel

I see you say this but I need to see it , where is the proof we have to sell

Weve had to do it every year and not just as the player wants to move but to survive.

Sisu pulled the plug on financial support in the disaster relegation year.

Every year since operating losses have been kept away by player sales. We have a wage bill ahead of turnover and no owner investment so we have to sell or we can’t pay bills

Sisu can operate in lower leagues via successful acadamy sales but they just can’t operate at this level unless players are sold to negate losses and we also have an EFL loan

Evo1883

Weve had to do it every year and not just as the player wants to move but to survive.

Sisu pulled the plug on financial support in the disaster relegation year.

Every year since operating losses have been kept away by player sales. We have a wage bill ahead of turnover and no owner investment so we have to sell or we can’t pay bills

Sisu can operate in lower leagues via successful acadamy sales but they just can’t operate at this level unless players are sold to negate losses and we also have an EFL loan

Who did we sell last season

SeaSeeEffCee

But if we have to do it every year just to survive and haven't done it for 2 years... How are we still here?
We don’t have to do it every year, I disagree with that. But our wage bill has increased massively over the past two years, I believe I read that we’re close to spending 100% of our current income on wages. Seeing as our income isn’t going to magically increase without getting promoted then logic would dictate that we need to sell to be able to maintain said wage bill. Off the top of my head I’m pretty sure that SBB said at the time that O’Hare and Hamer’s new deals were unsustainable and were handed out with the understanding that they’d need to be sold in the near future.

Grendel

Who did we sell last season

Our profit on player sales in the last published accounts was £2 million versus nearly £4 million the year before - our gross wage bill was £13 million against turnover of £11 million - remember the structure of past deals from McCallum Wilson and Maddison have contributed to the accounts for several years. Unless Maddison is sold on again that well is now dry

We now have a black hole of turnover against wages alone of at least £5 million per annum as well as all other costs - there’s no magic money tree under the owners as they freely admit

Telfer85

Those contracts for the big 3 would have had Sisu sign them off tho surely. They would know the risks of agreeing to them. But if we had to sell because of those contracts wouldn’t they have just sold at the first vaguely fair offer they received for any of them. However, Robins has said they’ve rejected bids or priced out of enquiries (vik) for all 3. I do accept that if they meet an agreed valuation of the club they will be sold but it doesn’t seem to have reached that point yet.

Evo1883

Our profit on player sales in the last published accounts was £2 million versus nearly £4 million the year before - our gross wage bill was £13 million against turnover of £11 million - remember the structure of past deals from McCallum Wilson and Maddison have contributed to the accounts for several years. Unless Maddison is sold on again that well is now dry

We now have a black hole of turnover against wages alone of at least £5 million per annum as well as all other costs - there’s no magic money tree under the owners as they freely admit

Didn't the last accounts show some losses from covid ?

Grendel

But if we have to do it every year just to survive and haven't done it for 2 years... How are we still here?

We made £2 million in the last accounts on player sales

Evo1883

Accounts are always a year behind aren't they ? Published I mean , we didn't make 2 million last season from player sales or did we ?

Evo1883

It's just not a reputable source though , as much as I respect grendel knows his numbers , his word doesn't count for alot against a companies dealings .. it's guesswork isn't it ?

A fan on SBT that's looked at accounts from 2 seasons ago can't tell us we must sell a player this window to survive .. and have his word taken as gospel that's ridiculous

Matt smith

It's just not a reputable source though , as much as I respect grendel knows his numbers , his word doesn't count for alot against a companies dealings .. it's guesswork isn't it ?

A fan on SBT that's looked at accounts from 2 seasons ago can't tell us we must sell a player this window to survive .. and have his word taken as gospel that's ridiculous
Just think it’s gut wrenching how our owners wont invest a single penny into the team that’s not been recouped

If we sell on the cheap towards the end of the window I’m going to be extremely pissed off

Last edited:

Evo1883

I just can't take the word of grendel as gospel when it comes to what must happen at the club to survive

Grendel

our wage bill exceeds turnover and in addition we now have EFL loans as well as other costs

The owner has gone on record saying she will only provide bridged funds - which assume has just been issued to companies house

So where is the gap to bridge coming from?

Grendel

I just can't take the word of grendel as gospel when it comes to what must happen at the club to survive

You can look at the accounts over years and see the player sales versus operating losses - Fisher openly admits it - this isn’t a secret

Tea & Busquets

if we can sell o’hare and bring in bird & sibley i’d be very happy with that. then eventually when we inevitably sell hamer, bird will be ready to step in and we can reinvest the hamer funds in other areas. we’ve never really had trouble finding adequate replacements for our key players that have been sold, so i don’t understand some of the panic.

Evo1883

You can look at the accounts over years and see the player sales versus operating losses - Fisher openly admits it - this isn’t a secret

So where does this all sit with your boddy hatred then ?

As your hatred makes no sense based on what you've just told me

Users who are viewing this thread