O'Hare, Allen and Godden (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

He was terrible and looked like he was a lottery winner having a 10 minute run around

Exactly. Says a lot.

No much different to Allen then.

Alkhen

Everyone saying reactive, it’s been like this every game (bar Bristol). Nowhere near enough up top to worry teams. It is what it is, we’ve just been promoted but we’re well short.

Nah not for me. We played well vs Bristol, QPR and Swansea. Barnsley was a shame. All the other games were fixtures only the rosiest tinted sky blues fan would think we could compete in.

We have had shite luck with injuries loads of squad players out especially Dabo who is a massive miss. Lost our two most expensive summer signings to illness and suspension in recent weeks too.

Im not saying we will definitely come good but I knew from the day the fixtures came out the first few months were brutal.

ccfc92

One issue I picked up on, we always break down the left with Giles. He then eventually proceeds to hit a deep cross into the box with only Godden there (obviously worked once vs QPR).

However, there are multiple options inside, I remember Allen breaking through just inside, so should have been a simple through ball, but instead was hoofed into Blackburn's box. He did link up with O'Hare, but 9/10 times it's the same approach.

I also think, we need to start shooting from the edge of the box more. We try and walk the ball into the 6 yard box for Godden to capitalise. In a wet and windy day like today, our shots on goal stat is disgusting to be honest.

Yorkshire SB

Nah not for me. We played well vs Bristol, QPR and Swansea. Barnsley was a shame. All the other games were fixtures only the rosiest tinted sky blues fan would think we could compete in.

We have had shite luck with injuries loads of squad players out especially Dabo who is a massive miss. Lost our two most expensive summer signings to illness and suspension in recent weeks too.

Im not saying we will definitely come good but I knew from the day the fixtures came out the first few months were brutal.
We had chances in those games, but I wouldn’t say we played well into the final third, if O’Hare doesn’t get on the ball then we’ve got nothing. As I said I don’t want to berate the side, because it’s hard and a big step up and the performances have been great, but we’re heavy at the back with sod all going forward. Needed a couple of wildcard PL loan attacking mids, could’ve made a big difference.

SkyBlueMatt

Can't wait for us to get through the end of next month. Should be a different story, let's decide our season on more than 7 tough games. We are still not in the relegation places but f*ck people on here are tragic. If you're that miserable, do us all a favour and take up fishing.

Bedwetters.

Nah fuck that, this c*nt can't do it or this c*nt isn't good enough. Who would have thought we were just promoted from league one, why aren't we pushing for playoffs????

"Lets just stay up, I'd be happy with 19th", unless we start actually losing games.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

If your asking will that front 3 keep us up ? 50/50 my end tbh I prefer Shipley up there over Allen & today O’Hare looked tired with a game midweek again who do you rotate him with.

Allen does a lot of running my issue is in that role we need more from the position.
Maybe change 2 up top? We can then rest a a attacking midfield player.

KersleyDigs

I am not too sure many Championship defences will be shitting themselves in terms of pace and power with those 3 running at them.

There is no pace or power, there is no aggression there to go forward.

I am not sure we can play O'Hare and Allen in the advanced 2 together. We need to mix it up a little bit somehow.
Mate, I fully concur. Called this on twitter after the first game. You need at least one player in a front 3 that can hold the ball up and take the pressure off the defence for a few phases

fernandopartridge

Allen did well against Swansea in the deeper role, but in the AM slot he's largely anonymous and doesn't look like contributing much.

We are missing Jones badly, he'd be great in that slot.

But don't forget today we were also missing Shipley, Bapaga (fully fit) and Hilssner
How can we be missing a player who has not even played 90 minutes as a central attacking player?

Sky Blue Harry H

A few on here need a nice mug of Ovaltine, an early night and a relax. Long old season, and with all that's going on in the world there are bigger things to worry about. Complete overreaction (if unsurprising) as a result of today. I am already way more interested in how we perform/react(hopefully with 11 on the pitch) up at M'boro on Tuesday night.

Londonccfcfan

What the helm is wrong with everyone.

Our strength is we play as a team, it's what won is league 1.

When we play well it's not because of an outstanding individualism. We don't have a superstar.

Every player is a vital cog in the team.

But I must admit it dies seem we are that one AM short.

Londonccfcfan

Ohare and Godden are class. Stick my neck out and are st this level. Allen I must admit having backed him game after game. A bit disappointed.

But if the goal scored vs Swansea was not ruled out for offside and we picked up 3 points. The fickle lot won't be criticing him as much.

It's fine margins...and finer margins as we go up leagues.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agreed. Godden is a waste of time in a top 1 at this level. Not enough pace and even when he holds it up, has no one to lay it off to.

He’s the 5th top scorer in the league...

Personally, I think we should partner Walker with Gooden. Gooden can be quite isolated at times, and doesn’t have the pace to make us a threat with direct balls. His hold up play is very much underrated, but, doesn’t have the physicality to impose himself against 3 CBs. Walker and Gooden offer a happy medium because Walker does have pace, and a bit of physicality to distract the numerous 3 CB defences we come across. It also takes the burden of scoring goals off him a bit too. Robins wouldn’t have spent money on him just to sit on the bench.

With a lot of injuries, we’ll have options to experiment in the coming weeks.

Yorkshire SB

He’s the 5th top scorer in the league...

Personally, I think we should partner Walker with Gooden. Gooden can be quite isolated at times, and doesn’t have the pace to make us a threat with direct balls. His hold up play is very much underrated, but, doesn’t have the physicality to impose himself against 3 CBs. Walker and Gooden offer a happy medium because Walker does have pace, and a bit of physicality to distract the numerous 3 CB defences we come across. It also takes the burden of scoring goals off him a bit too. Robins wouldn’t have spent money on him just to sit on the bench.

With a lot of injuries, we’ll have options to experiment in the coming weeks.

Think I’d go for that, with a midfield 3, O’Hare at the head of

shmmeee

Whether they are up to the level is a different matter but we need something different to be able to try against defences and in theory Hilßner, Jobello, Bapaga and Kasta have a good mix. If they’re not up to the level then we need to bring someone in in January and get shot of as many as we can.

Nick

Administrator
It is worrying now that people are saying we are missing Bapaga.

It's nothing against him, it's more the scraping.

Sky Blue Harry H

O Hare has gone from an impact sub in League one to a start every game in the Championship. I hope he doesn't get burnt out.

He plays flat out, doesn't take it easy and take a breather/rest when the game is lost. Great to see, but like you Nick, I hope he doesn't burn himself out. It will be easier for him when we have a stronger team with all 11 on the pitch. He is one that I instantly feel sorry for when he is putting in such obvious effort for a lost cause. Love him and hopefully his work rate will ultimately reap rewards.

shmmeee

We’re missing options and it’s out of the transfer window. Yes we’re down to gambling on breakthrough kids, crocks and kastafuckingneer.

Yorkshire SB

O’Hare is fine, bad game yesterday but the least of our worries. We’re so reliant on the full backs when going forward, desperate for Dabo to be back.
Desperately need outlet balls, someone who can stretch the opponent, hold up the play. I don’t know what type of striker Walker is, but can he do that?

Brighton Sky Blue

Throwing him in at the deep end would make little sense anyway, better to stick him on at 60-70 minutes when the game is won or lost and the pressure’s off. But he isn’t going to stop the high press that works as a goal button for the oppo

Barnsley

If it helps, you’re not the only team that’s not turned up against us, just this past week Bristol, Stoke, and Millwall, have all failed to beat us, because they failed to show up against us, had they played like they normally do they’d have hammered us, because we’re shite, according to their fans, in the match day threads on their forums, so you’re not alone.

Alkhen

If it helps, you’re not the only team that’s not turned up against us, just this past week Bristol, Stoke, and Millwall, have all failed to beat us, because they failed to show up against us, had they played like they normally do they’d have hammered us, because we’re shite, according to their fans, in the match day threads on their forums, so you’re not alone.

Never said you were shite, no easy games and all that bollocks. That said, we are in a similar situation where realistically there are 4 or 5 teams in this league we need to target maximum points.

I'd imagine a home fixture against a promoted team is one game your old mangment team was optimistic about. Likewise ours would have seen the team that was only saved by a technicality s a good shot at 3 pts.

Barnsley

Never said you were shite, no easy games and all that bollocks. That said, we are in a similar situation where realistically there are 4 or 5 teams in this league we need to target maximum points.

I'd imagine a home fixture against a promoted team is one game your old mangment team was optimistic about. Likewise ours would have seen the team that was only saved by a technicality s a good shot at 3 pts.

I’m not so sure. you lot on here, and fans of Bristol, Stoke, & Millwall all questioned the team selection and systems played against us. Asking why they’re playing so negative against such a shit side. I’d don’t think managers in this league have the same perception of us as the fans do. But then again most fans will have seen us play once, the managers will have watched recordings of all our games, and will have seen the same as me.

Last edited:

Alkhen

I’m not so sure. you lot on here, and fans of Bristol, Stoke, & Millwall all questioned the team selection and systems played against us. Asking why they’re playing so negative against such a shit side. I’d don’t think managers in this league have the same perception of us as the fans do. But then again most fans will have seen us play once, the managers will have watched recordings of all our games, and will have seen the same as me.

Mate you are banging on like you guys are misjudged geniuses yet where are you in the league?

Screenshot_20201025_081115.jpg
Everyone's in that lower half have major deficiencies somewhere

I get it Barnsley are a good pressing team and tricky to break down but you can't score. We were a good league one team but have zero championship experience and need to learn on the job time will tell if we can adjust.

You've actually been the tonic I needed, it's reassuring to see it's not only our fans that are deluded 😁

Brighton Sky Blue

Mate you are banging on like you guys are misjudged geniuses yet where are you in the league?

View attachment 17321

I get it Barnsley are a good pressing team and tricky to break down but you can't score. We were a good league one team but have zero championship experience and need to learn on the job time will tell if we can adjust.

You've actually been the tonic I needed, it's reassuring to see it's not only our fans that are deluded 😁

Would still have been nice for O’Hare to score a free header mind

Barnsley

View attachment 17321

If our new gaffer can get us playing as we are but scoring, we’ll be no where near the relegation battle towards new year. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread