O'Hare, Allen and Godden (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I am not too sure many Championship defences will be shitting themselves in terms of pace and power with those 3 running at them.

There is no pace or power, there is no aggression there to go forward.

I am not sure we can play O'Hare and Allen in the advanced 2 together. We need to mix it up a little bit somehow.

cc84cov

If your asking will that front 3 keep us up ? 50/50 my end tbh I prefer Shipley up there over Allen & today O’Hare looked tired with a game midweek again who do you rotate him with.

Allen does a lot of running my issue is in that role we need more from the position.

stevefloyd

If your asking will that front 3 keep us up ? 50/50 my end tbh I prefer Shipley up there over Allen & today O’Hare looked tired with a game midweek again who do you rotate him with.

Allen does a lot of running my issue is in that role we need more from the position.
Kasta he at least lifted my spirits by that burst of pace and shoulder barge...great cross too

steve101

I am not too sure many Championship defences will be shitting themselves in terms of pace and power with those 3 running at them.

I am not sure we can play O'Hare and Allen in the advanced 2 together. We need to mix it up a little bit somehow.
I totally agree. I think they are far too similar. Allen keeps the ball better and O'Hare has the potential to do something a little bit special, but he hasn't done so in the last 3 games. At least Baka would give some physical presence and would offer a different sort of outlet. However needs to show he can do that role.

pusbccfc

Kastaneer did more in 10 minutes than Allen has done pretty much all season.

ccfc92

We definitely need to make some changes. We are offering next to nothing.

Off hand, I think we created 2 or 3 decent chances today.

We need to create more, but we seem to be in the habit of playing backwards once we get close to the 18 yard box...

Esoterica

Just said on the plan B thread that 4-3-3 is the way to go. O'Hare-Godden-Walker and Shipley, Bakayoko and Allen can come off the bench for them as appropriate. Our strength this year is in Sheaf-Kelly-Hamer so they should all play in a 3 which allows Dabo and McCallum/Giles licence to get forward still. Most teams will be better on the ball and have it more than us anyway, so sack off the possession football for a direct count attacking style that utilises O'Hare and Walker pace playing around Godden.

AFCCOVENTRY

Agreed, although I think there’s an unrealistic expectation about his ability.

He started less games in L1 than Shipley or Westbrooke but when he signed our fans were saying he’s as good as Grealish!

At the moment O’Hare isn’t offering us anything. He needs a rest and we need to put Walker in.

cc84cov

We’re in more trouble than I thought if we’re relying on a player Robins has tried to get out of the club for a year
Blue print is there high press us and we will give them the ball back with a hopeful ball to a striker pick up the second balls and go again we’re fucked if we do not get this sorted ASAP

stay_up_skyblues

Just said on the plan B thread that 4-3-3 is the way to go. O'Hare-Godden-Walker and Shipley, Bakayoko and Allen can come off the bench for them as appropriate. Our strength this year is in Sheaf-Kelly-Hamer so they should all play in a 3 which allows Dabo and McCallum/Giles licence to get forward still. Most teams will be better on the ball and have it more than us anyway, so sack off the possession football for a direct count attacking style that utilises O'Hare and Walker pace playing around Godden.

I think the midfield and front 3s are spot on and could work. Just not sure we can put a decent back 4 together. McCallum would probably be a decent LB but Dabo seems to be a natural getting forward all game. And at CB the usual three may be too slow, certainly Fadz... Maybe Ostigard and Hyam could work.

Grendel

We’re in more trouble than I thought if we’re relying on a player Robins has tried to get out of the club for a year

Someone made him joint MOM on the ratings thread

Alkhen

Jesus there are some reactive boobs on here. 75 mins with 10 men, the forwards were feeding off scraps. It was a thankless task.

Adjust your expectations. We have barely any experience in the championship and a tiny budget in comparison to most teams. The fixtures have been really unkind, really loaded up with the fancied teams early on yet we are still keeping our head above the water. We will have a more managble run of games at some point which will be the real test

SlowerThanPlatt

Jesus there are some reactive boobs on here. 75 mins with 10 men, the forwards were feeding off scraps. It was a thankless task.

Adjust your expectations. We have barely any experience in the championship and a tiny budget in comparison to most teams. The fixtures have been really unkind, really loaded up with the fancied teams early on yet we are still keeping our head above the water. We will have a more managble run of games at some point which will be the real test

They’re not getting any kinder, in our next 4 we have the team in top and third

PVA

Allen did well against Swansea in the deeper role, but in the AM slot he's largely anonymous and doesn't look like contributing much.

We are missing Jones badly, he'd be great in that slot.

But don't forget today we were also missing Shipley, Bapaga (fully fit) and Hilssner

Yorkshire SB

Everyone saying reactive, it’s been like this every game (bar Bristol). Nowhere near enough up top to worry teams. It is what it is, we’ve just been promoted but we’re well short.

the rumpo kid

Think we have got the right idea formation wise , we just need to be sharper with our passing and quicker with our movement into spaces . I believe the robins system is good and we will develop ,( although we can't handle to many 0-4 at home ) just more positive passing, and making sure it gets where is supposed to go
not the weak tapping in hope it gets there.

SIR ERNIE

O'Hare is a very decent prospect. He has the goalscoring potential to do what Wilson did for us. He just needs the Championship equivalent of a Leon Clarke to play off.

ccfc92

Everyone saying reactive, it’s been like this every game (bar Bristol). Nowhere near enough up top to worry teams. It is what it is, we’ve just been promoted but we’re well short.

That's the thing. You can only say "early days" or "we'll come good" for so long.

We aren't a million miles away, but we do need tweaking to get results. Apart from today, playing well and losing by the odd goal, will still result in relegation.

Users who are viewing this thread