O'Hare, Allen and Godden (1 Viewer)

Dickie

I don’t think Allen has actually touched the ball this season. He just gets bullied and runs around a lot. Shipley has the right intentions but his mind isn’t quick enough.

You need tricky inventive players up front who can get past a man and drive into the box.

Bapaga has the all the attributes but raw. Jones is now a huge miss. We could really do with a player like that. Jobello can get past a player and drive. But still waiting for match fitness. Hilsner can play on the left of an attacking 3 and is a clever creator, but again waiting for his fitness levels to be up. Robins needs to try a very different things in attack as Godden will not get many chances on his own.

Do we have anyone who can beat a man? Dabo?

robbiekeane

Bapaga can beat a player for fun. Giles too can go past players easily. O'Hare can beat a player (however most Championship players are better defenders than L1 !!)
This is it. Dabo, O Hare, Mcallum, could all just outpace someone in League 1 and just leave them for dead. It's not enough in the Championship to beat players and that was where a lot of our goals came from last season.

I think the fact that people are counting on: Jobello (10 appearances in League 1, did okay but I don't think he did any more than that really), Jodi Jones (spent around 50% of his career in League two, doing really well for us, and 50% in League one, doing okay, but only 15 starts in League one), Bapaga who is completely unproven, and Hillsner who is also completely unproven.

...shows how tough our situation is.

Sky Blue Harry H

This is it. Dabo, O Hare, Mcallum, could all just outpace someone in League 1 and just leave them for dead. It's not enough in the Championship to beat players and that was where a lot of our goals came from last season.

I think the fact that people are counting on: Jobello (10 appearances in League 1, did okay but I don't think he did any more than that really), Jodi Jones (spent around 50% of his career in League two, doing really well for us, and 50% in League one, doing okay, but only 15 starts in League one), Bapaga who is completely unproven, and Hillsner who is also completely unproven.

...shows how tough our situation is.

Agreed RK, Don't know how much you've seen of Bapaga, but he looks like being a real find. Not sure how he'll cope with physicality at this level (he's still very young) but defenders will hate marking him, as he's as slippery as an eel. Next season - whichever division we're in, he should be immense for us - and I hope he can help us this season (without ruining him)

AFCCOVENTRY

Agreed RK, Don't know how much you've seen of Bapaga, but he looks like being a real find. Not sure how he'll cope with physicality at this level (he's still very young) but defenders will hate marking him, as he's as slippery as an eel. Next season - whichever division we're in, he should be immense for us - and I hope he can help us this season (without ruining him)

Think we have to give him a chance as soon as possible this season. Currently we are toothless in attack. If we don’t score goals we won’t ever win ever games.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think Bapaga and Walker are our solition to lack of pace in attack but we also need the out and out full backs still for if we need to go 4 at the back and if we do go 4 at the back dont be surprised to see Dabo as a RW

Users who are viewing this thread