Offical, welcome aboard (2 Viewers)

midlandsbairn

As a Falkirk lifelong supporter who has followed the sky blues since Gary G signed, I am delighted that Elvis has moved from my number one Scottish to my number one English club. So what are we going to get? An ambitious young manager who is used to working with next to no money, loves bringing in youth players, and whose tactical nous has vastly improved over the past several months.At Falkirk, he has generated a bit of an 'us against the world' mentality - wonder what other ex Falkirk player and Scottish manager that reminds me of? On the downside, he has had a tendency to fall out with some senior players, and they end up being farmed out to some small club never to be seen again. He also has a strange liking for brown shoes?!!
Im sure hes going to be a great manager for us, and any player not giving his all in every game will soon be plying their trade elsewhere. If, as always seems to be the case, some players follow the manager, then expect, and hope,to see Lyle Taylor in the summer, and perhaps a young player called Thomas Grant - all but a certainty to be a future internationalist.

Great choice of new boss - Elvis has entered the Ricoh !!!!!!

covcity4life

As a Falkirk lifelong supporter who has followed the sky blues since Gary G signed, I am delighted that Elvis has moved from my number one Scottish to my number one English club. So what are we going to get? An ambitious young manager who is used to working with next to no money, loves bringing in youth players, and whose tactical nous has vastly improved over the past several months.At Falkirk, he has generated a bit of an 'us against the world' mentality - wonder what other ex Falkirk player and Scottish manager that reminds me of? On the downside, he has had a tendency to fall out with some senior players, and they end up being farmed out to some small club never to be seen again. He also has a strange liking for brown shoes?!!
Im sure hes going to be a great manager for us, and any player not giving his all in every game will soon be plying their trade elsewhere. If, as always seems to be the case, some players follow the manager, then expect, and hope,to see Lyle Taylor in the summer, and perhaps a young player called Thomas Grant - all but a certainty to be a future internationalist.

great post

senior players coasting has been a problem for us!

Moff

I am happy with the appointment and remember him from his playing days with us. I seem to recall him scoring against Man utd at home.

I also like the fact he is passionate, not afraid to speak his mind, seems to command respect and looks hard...I dont mind a hard looking bugger as manager as opposed to our previous managers, a dwarf and a roly poly.

Ashdown1

3 1/2 years.................... this has to be the biggest gamble since David Bells new contract !! God help us !

Stevearcade

Welcome to CCFC Steve. Looking forward to what will hopefully be a successful period for us. Let's push for the playoffs.

BurbageSkyBlues

Well, I am enthused by that....thanks !

midlandsbairn

Well, I am enthused by that....thanks !

Most welcome. Sorry it was so long-winded, my grammar is weak!
One other thing I should have aded. If you look at the Falkirk forums, you will find that many are happy to see him go.
Biggest reason for this is that he is determined to play stylish, passing football which is not always best suited to the players at his disposal, or indeed the Scottish First Division - but in my view anyway, is going to be a perfect fit at the Ricoh.

The Reverend Skyblue

What doesn't fill you with confidence? The win % higher than any of our previous managers? The international management experience? The commitment to yyouth and progressive football?

I bet you would say the same for anyone who isn't Black.

The shortsightedness and downright idiocy of our fans annoys the hell out of me. Exactly who did you want?

Schmee, i look at you as one of the few decent consistant posters on this site of many ego's, but he ones you sau"who do you want" in the majority were calling for Black,thats all, not Adkins or any other person obviously out of our pay range.We realised we could'nt afford any decent proven manager who was in work, we thought as Black was out of work and lived local he could be a good affordable choice,thats all.

Now Elvis is here, I and them will behind him 100%, i've been supporting this club long enough to see many managers come and go, i hope and pray he does a good job and if he gives the likes of Willis and Thomas more 1st team game time i will like him even more.He has to start to build trust with the supporters in how he manages the team on and off the pitch,and play in a style that tries to win games ,and not tries to not lose them,thats all i am saying.If he shows this and he will win around us in no time, and a little bit of loyalty if any other club comes sniffing, if he does start to turn things around , will rocket him in in all our expectations

I hope come summer he gets rid of the senior players who are passed there sell by date, Sheff will have to go and Woody and a few others will go to trim the budget.
I say once again and for the last time we have a right to our opinion, something a couple of posters on here wait to pounce on if it goes against their thinking or the majority view,but now the club has appointed someone I for one will be behind him totally

hamil99

Facebook User
Happy its a 3 and a half yr deal, surly sisu wouldn't give such a lengthy contract is they were gunna fold the club. Hurray!

skyblue1523

He likes to play football the right way, I.e. the passing game, he's a big supporter of the Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund blend of youth and experience, and the fact the clubs pulls in the same direction from the academy right though to the first team.

He likes to give the younger players a chance, he recently picked a 16 year old to play for Falkirk. So I imagine the likes of Willis, Thomas and Wilson will be given more games. .
Thanks for the heads up ill back him just wander what type of football im going to see

Tobias Fünke

Having seen the list of those linked to the job over the last few weeks I'm encouraged by the appointment of Pressley. With all the stuff going on in the background taking most people's focus off results on the pitch, I think over the next few weeks we'll all hopefully start to conentrate on posititve results led by a manager who is not going to take any shit off people.

I hope most fans will back him and look at him hopefully having the ability to build a decent squad over time and hopefully he'll have enough about him to convince those in charge of the club to get to keep the players he wants and dependent on financial circumstances, bring in players that he needs. I seriosuly hope the board stay behind him 100% and don't expect that this appointment will be tarnished if we don't make it to the play offs this season.
Good luck Steve, welcome back.

Users who are viewing this thread