O Hare repair (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

With the home matches starting with Preston is there a chance we can get Callum back for the rearranged games - heard nothing about the severity of it apart from a couple of comments , it was a " tweak" from MR - we should not be selling any of our players as we have a good team capable of coming back strongly

Skybluebeliever

With the home matches starting with Preston is there a chance we can get Callum back for the rearranged games - heard nothing about the severity of it apart from a couple of comments , it was a " tweak" from MR - we should not be selling any of our players as we have a good team capable of coming back strongly
I don’t think it’s as bad as originally thought when it was assumed after the World Cup break
Could see him back full training in October

Kelly also appears to be ahead of schedule

Robinshio

19 games in 11 weeks if we rearrange the 3. 2 weeks out for an international break means 2 games a week every week outside of that. Need bodies back as soon as possible - and any chance of a cheeky couple of loans ?

slowpoke

19 games in 11 weeks if we rearrange the 3. 2 weeks out for an international break means 2 games a week every week outside of that. Need bodies back as soon as possible - and any chance of a cheeky couple of loans ?
What happens in the international break though, could we be without Gyorkeres for example isn’t that what the break is for then the opposition might have players on international duty.

fatso

What happens in the international break though, could we be without Gyorkeres for example isn’t that what the break is for then the opposition might have players on international duty.
I'm thinking the League may insist we play 1 ot two of the postponed games during the break. If they do, we can hardly complain.

edgy

I can't ever recall any type of injury taking this long to discover the extend and expected time frame.

Saddlebrains

Personally dont see the need for secrecy

However, im confident we will see him back for the next home game on 1 October

We were told 6-8 weeks and by then that is 9 weeks

Also, MR was stating a while back they dont think its as bad as they first thought. 2 weeks ago he was gallivanting around with Grennan again

Sick Boy

Also, MR was stating a while back they dont think its as bad as they first thought. 2 weeks ago he was gallivanting around with Grennan again
He’s so important to us that it’s probably better to keep opponents guessing.
That being said, he’ll need a good few weeks to return to full fitness.

shmmeee

Horrible to say cos the last has never shown close to that sort of inclination, but I wonder with it being his first big injury as a pro and scuppering a life changing deal if there’ll be any reluctance from him to go full throttle when he’s back. I’m sure nothing intentional, he doesn’t seem the type, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s at the back of his mind.

Mcbean

Just hope it was the hamstring and not anything worse like an Achilles and they just are not saying - I mean nothing has been said at all !

Colin Steins Smile

I read the lack of any detailed communications on this as the sport science and medical teams being very cautious. Sometimes with these sorts of injuries there can be complications with other muscle groups due to reconditioning during the rehab period.
The last thing we need is for him to pick up a new tear in another area

Bertola

Just hope it was the hamstring and not anything worse like an Achilles and they just are not saying - I mean nothing has been said at all !

If it was achilles there's no way he'd be moving as freely as he was at Godiva so soon. We've been told late October.... it's mid september... No need for panic/conspiracy theories yet

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Horrible to say cos the last has never shown close to that sort of inclination, but I wonder with it being his first big injury as a pro and scuppering a life changing deal if there’ll be any reluctance from him to go full throttle when he’s back. I’m sure nothing intentional, he doesn’t seem the type, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s at the back of his mind.
He seemed fine after having his head smashed open

oakey

These "x weeks" bulletins are always ridiculous and imprecise.
It's been six and a half weeks since the injury happened and yet he always seems to be at the same stage of "at six weeks we will know more".
Don't forget the injury was in July.
If he's back mid October that will be 11-12 weeks out.

better days

With some injuries you just can't give a hard and fast estimate at the beginning SB
I think this was one of those
Fingers crossed for the lad

Brighton Sky Blue

I want him back when he’s ready regardless of how long it is. Can’t afford it to be made even worse.

SkyBlueSam01

Hamstrings are notoriously a nightmare to judge and it's hard to put timeframes on it even towards what seems like the end of rehab

Otis

I read the lack of any detailed communications on this as the sport science and medical teams being very cautious. Sometimes with these sorts of injuries there can be complications with other muscle groups due to reconditioning during the rehab period.
The last thing we need is for him to pick up a new tear in another area
Yeah, no-one wants to tear themselves a new one.

better days

“There’s some good news on Callum O’Hare.

“We think he’s going to be back sooner than we’d expected. That will be after the international break, but it will be soon after the international break, I think, which is a big bonus.”
Great news
Much better prognosis than first feared

Users who are viewing this thread