O’Hare (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Maybe so, but we could have held out for 3x the amount we sold him for. Everyone knew he was a top level player. We have made what, 6 million from him? Nothing for one of the best players in the Premier Legaue. For me, O'Hare should go for significantly more in the current market. When you consider Armstrong went to Southampton for £15m.

He’s not one of the best players in the Premier League. Premier League and international potential here sure. I think we did pretty well out of it, must be close to £5-6m which relative to the level we were was money other clubs wouldn’t have access to and helped us get promoted.

ccfc1234

He’s not one of the best players in the Premier League. Premier League and international potential here sure. I think we did pretty well out of it, must be close to £5-6m which relative to the level we were was money other clubs wouldn’t have access to and helped us get promoted.
One of the best in the league, perhaps not but Maddison is a top player at that level and has been part of the reason Leicester have been so close to the top 4 in the last 2 seasons. Retrospectively the deal was average but at the time needed and was a means to an end. However, were not in league 1 any more and we won't need a middle club (Norwich) to showcase the talents of our players and therefore if Callum can add consistant end product, we should be looking at the sums Norwich sold Maddison for and not selling ourselves short. A contract extension with a 20 million release clause would make sense and protect the value our most saleable asset.

SlowerThanPlatt

One of the best in the league, perhaps not but Maddison is a top player at that level and has been part of the reason Leicester have been so close to the top 4 in the last 2 seasons. Retrospectively the deal was average but at the time needed and was a means to an end. However, were not in league 1 any more and we won't need a middle club (Norwich) to showcase the talents of our players and therefore if Callum can add consistant end product, we should be looking at the sums Norwich sold Maddison for and not selling ourselves short. A contract extension with a 20 million release clause would make sense and protect the value our most saleable asset.

He’d be a fool to sign a contract like that - no one is going to pay £20m for him. Blues only got £22m for Bellingham!

ccfc1234

He’d be a fool to sign a contract like that - no one is going to pay £20m for him. Blues only got £22m for Bellingham!
Bellingham was 16 and I suspect there is a large sell on clause inserted also.
Norwich just got 30 million plus add ons for buendia. Look at the size of release clauses in Spain and you might appriciate 20 million is not ridiclous. Also we could still sell for 12 million if we wanted too it's just we would have to sell at the release clause price.

Here is some of the ridiclous numbers in the Spanish game.

block16

If we can bring in 15 million between Hamer and O'Hare it's great business. We need to start shifting players for that sort of money to really kick on the Robins project

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If we can bring in 15 million between Hamer and O'Hare it's great business. We need to start shifting players for that sort of money to really kick on the Robins project

Just Injoy the fact they both play for the mighty Sky Blues.

robbiekeane

Maybe so, but we could have held out for 3x the amount we sold him for. Everyone knew he was a top level player. We have made what, 6 million from him? Nothing for one of the best players in the Premier Legaue. For me, O'Hare should go for significantly more in the current market. When you consider Armstrong went to Southampton for £15m.
Don't be ridiculous. We sold an 18 year old largely unproven player for what turned out to be about 8 million and we were a third tier team.

For every maddison there's a ben stevenson or a bayliss (and many said these guys were going to be better players). He could've went the way of stevenson and then we would've been laughing at 3m in the bank up front.

It was a good bit of business at the time and it was necessary for the survival of our club. Hindsight is 20:20

Hertsccfc

Don't be ridiculous. We sold an 18 year old largely unproven player for what turned out to be about 8 million and we were a third tier team.

For every maddison there's a ben stevenson or a bayliss (and many said these guys were going to be better players). He could've went the way of stevenson and then we would've been laughing at 3m in the bank up front.

It was a good bit of business at the time and it was necessary for the survival of our club. Hindsight is 20:20
Not sure about that. I think it was obvious Maddison even at that age was a much better prospect than Stevenson or Bayliss.

Londonccfcfan

At what point do we start panicking that O'Hare and Hamer have less than two years to go on their contracts?
In a few months they are half way through their contracts. Negotiations I'm sure are well under way. I'd be really surprised if their not.

Londonccfcfan

When Maddison came back on loan. Most were happy we sold him for what we did. As he didn't pull up trees and we were on a downward spiral as a team.

I had a thread few a years ago. Maddison sell on clause when he just started to do well in championshio.. Alot laughed at initially that he would be sold anywhere near 24 million or whatever it was. At the therefore fee in championshio.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Did we? I thought it was £3m up front an 15% sell on?

Didn’t someone at the club say, can't remember who, the Maddison deal would bring in revenue for the club for a long time, or words to that effect.

robbiekeane

Did we? I thought it was £3m up front an 15% sell on?
Yeh maybe its not 8m yet, think we were hoping for a sale this summer

- 3m up front
- 15% of the 22m profit from the fee = 3.3m

That's 6.6m plus any other add ons there might be (winning the fa cup, etc)

NorthernWisdom

Mucca Mad Boys

If he could get 10 goals and 10 assists a season, he’d be a Premier League player. Very classy on the ball and very good off the ball too!

We’ve got a v good player who will grow with us (hopefully).

Grendel

Yeah but people at the club say a lot of shit about the finances and it’s rarely true.

It was Chris Anderson and it was correct

Dog

I'm not too bothered about O'Hare not scoring lots of goals.

The teams in this division now know what he is capable of. Them trying to stop him gives the other players space. It gives them bookings. Red cards will follow. They will sit back more instead of attacking most of the time. What we do need is a player or two to take advantage and start scoring some goals. We are no longer seen as an easy 3 points.

Londonccfcfan

Realistically we got them both for this year. And this year only.
In whatever scenario:
1) We get relegated they leave.
2) If we have a cracking season they will be at the heart of it they will leave.
3) They don't sign a new contract they will be sold a year left.
4) They sign a new contract...they will still leave.

There is no loyalty in football.

They are both around 23 years of age.

They both got 2 big contracts ahead of them in their careers. Which will no doubt be x times current salary.

Enjoy them whilst we got them. And your right we get the right money for them it should improve the squad as a whole..and even the infrastructure etc at the club.

Grendel

Very few if any clubs will be even looking at Hamer he’s not anything special at this level - ok but not stand out

Bugsy

Very few if any clubs will be even looking at Hamer he’s not anything special at this level - ok but not stand out

He's delivery and set pieces are quite special thou. He has got a few things to improve but has the right attitude and capabilities to succeed higher if he wants it...... PUSB

wingy

Realistically we got them both for this year. And this year only.
In whatever scenario:
1) We get relegated they leave.
2) If we have a cracking season they will be at the heart of it they will leave.
3) They don't sign a new contract they will be sold a year left.
4) They sign a new contract...they will still leave.

There is no loyalty in football.

They are both around 23 years of age.

They both got 2 big contracts ahead of them in their careers. Which will no doubt be x times current salary.

Enjoy them whilst we got them. And your right we get the right money for them it should improve the squad as a whole..and even the infrastructure etc at the club.
That's all really pragmatic ,but the churn is well,a pain Would be lovely to Go the journey with some of them.

Londonccfcfan

Hamer is great talent at this level. Imo he has it all. Just my opinion.

Great shot, eye for goal, combative, 2 good feet , good passing range. His nut meg yesterday....but for save would have been a great goal.

For me quickest thinker easily at the club. Doesn't always work out for him.

Some of his passing is Stand out.

Grendel

Says the great talent spotter

I wish you were somewhere else you’d have spent £7 million on Hamer and £5m on Dabo

Users who are viewing this thread