Nuneaton match thread (2 Viewers)

skybluesam66

there was a night game in early 80s. All seater stadium but no cover on the Kop

at half time, about 2000 people ran across the pitch and headed to the stands for cover
not as heavy as saturday, but was still a humerous moment

Leamington Pete

there was a night game in early 80s. All seater stadium but no cover on the Kop

at half time, about 2000 people ran across the pitch and headed to the stands for cover
not as heavy as saturday, but was still a humerous moment

I remember this game . The first half was crap played in torrential rain in front of a low crowd. At half time the fans on the Kop were actually invited over the tannoy to move under cover. A handful stayed where they were but most moved which resulted in the previously half empty stands being packed and the atmosphere was brilliant. Think we went on to win 2-1

Also remember a few years ago at Blackpool during a League Cup fixture Cov fans on the open terrace running across the pitch to get under cover during the game. It was more entertaining than the match.

Monners

Remember a night game against Sunderland (about Jan 1982?) we were invited to take cover in the Main Stand. We won 1-0 and not sure if the game should have finished -a bit like a pantomine by the end of it. Mind you, it was the right time of the year!

Edit: just checked this out - must the game in Sep 1982

Last edited:

Gary.j

Remember a night game against Sunderland (about Jan 1982?) we were invited to take cover in the Main Stand. We won 1-0 and not sure if the game should have finished -a bit like a pantomine by the end of it. Mind you, it was the right time of the year!

Edit: just checked this out - must the game in Sep 1982

If it's the same game we're talking about, pretty sure it was Sunderland, I was in the Kop that night, (the terraced pen on the right, if looking from the west end), it wasn't a violent storm though just really persistent rain. We were cold and drenched, at half time we walked down to the west end.

Monners

If it's the same game we're talking about, pretty sure it was Sunderland, I was in the Kop that night, (the terraced pen on the right, if looking from the west end), it wasn't a violent storm though just really persistent rain. We were cold and drenched, at half time we walked down to the west end.
Not sure how me and the old man ended up in the Main Stand. The stewards must have felt extra sorry for us.

Users who are viewing this thread