Nuneaton match thread (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Very embarrassing for the club. Let down the loyal fans, they stormed the pitch when the players went off and when the stewards tried to close the gate one fan got ratty and threw a few punches at the steward.

aloisiwouldhavescored

There's always one.............

It's supposed to be a friendly and no need for any of that.

letsallsingtogether

They were doing skimming on the pitch the lad only swung the steward around wasn't any punching........
Very embarrassing for the club. Let down the loyal fans, they stormed the pitch when the players went off and when the stewards tried to close the gate one fan got ratty and threw a few punches at the steward.

letsallsingtogether

Lucky didn't get stopped on the way home my jeans were that wet I had to drive home in my underpants :eek:

Should have seen the neighbours faces when I got out the car:)

skybluejelly

Can't believe the amount that stayed ..you only had to look at the pitch to know it was not going to restart ... I don't think I could have got any wetter if I fell in the river twice..

stupot07

Never been to a game that's been abandoned before I don't think.

Never seen weather like it either!

Not me. I must say I was a tad nervous standing in a metal stand, holding a metal stanchion, standing on a mental floor when that lightening was going over....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

B-Ban-Boogie

Over from the states and went to the game today with a few mates and their families. .
Went in the Cov end and the lads realised no beer was being served so said to the stewards we were in the wrong end..
Got took round to the home area and spend the rest of the time in the bar drinking...lol..
Saw a few legends though..

zavedaga.jpg

ezuzatyz.jpg

8y8u9avy.jpg

Last edited:

wingy

Over from the states and went to the game today with a few mates and their families. .
Went in the Cov end and the lads realised no beer was being served so said to the stewards we were in the wrong end..
Got took round to the home area and spend the rest of the time in the bar drinking...lol..
Saw a few legends though..
zavedaga.jpg

ezuzatyz.jpg

8y8u9avy.jpg

Love the contrast .

Giant Standing next to Micky ,dwarf next to Oggy.

Chez78

I think Pressley was saying something about him being different now!

What like he's actually learnt how to head, mark his man, not get turned inside out EVERYTIME, tackle and just generally stopped being shite kind of different

B-Ban-Boogie

B Ban,

I have just moved out to Florida,, are you living out here?

Yep, i have lived in FL for just short of 10 years now... where are you?

Love the contrast .

Giant Standing next to Micky ,dwarf next to Oggy.

Micky seemed a little taken a back when i asked for a picture but Oggy was fantastic, chatting for a bit about the game, weather, and Florida... top man.:claping hands:

(*sorry for the large pictures too, i added them through tapatalk and didn't realize you could see them from the moon!! lol)

wingy

• JS41400272-Medium.jpg
View gallery fullscreen​
Nuneaton Town v Coventry City

PAGE 2 O

WHO'S THIS GUY AND WHO'S KIT IS HE WEARING ?

James Smith

Sounds more exciting than my day at work where we weren't amazingly busy in terms of customers so the manager suggested (i.e. told us) we should have a tidy of the stock room. :( Weather down here didn't get as bad/spectacular as it did up there.

wingy

For the more technically minded (Anoraks) ,which would have been handy here's a description of the Event.

Not sure It's accurate to say we've never seen anything like It ,maybe just never caught outside trapped In It ,have definitely driven through stuff like this before.

Steve Jackson, from Bablake Weather Centre, tweeted that the city had experienced 20mm of rainfall on Saturday - well below the 38mm that hit Coventry on July 20 2007.He said the storm was caused by “explosive convectional uplift in a supercell thunderstorm formed in a highly unstable Spanish plume”.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Only one for me was in (I think) 1972.

We were losing 0-2 to Sheffield Utd when the ref abandoned it due to a blizzard.

It was replayed towards the end of the season, after Noel Cantwell had been sacked and Bob Dennison had taken over as caretaker manager.

We won that one 3-2! Helped us to stay up, but I can't remember if those 2 points were decisive.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Only one for me was in (I think) 1972.

We were losing 0-2 to Sheffield Utd when the ref abandoned it due to a blizzard.

It was replayed towards the end of the season, after Noel Cantwell had been sacked and Bob Dennison had taken over as caretaker manager.

We won that one 3-2! Helped us to stay up, but I can't remember if those 2 points were decisive.

Think my old man mentioned a Sheffield United one. Might have been the same

Users who are viewing this thread