Nuneaton Boro on the brink of folding (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
This seems a bit random

How do you hire a backroom team without discussing their money?

scottccfc

This is ginellys dream job im not sure he has taken it from a money point of view also belfords lad plays in goal for them too.

Nick

Administrator

Looks a bit messy again!

From what I can see, the new owner said to all the players they are welcome to leave if they can find another club with guaranteed security (better money). He's paid off debts outside of the club and the players are 5 days overdue.

Apparently gone from losing 20k a month to 10k a month.

Nick

Administrator
Chairman now getting shit off Carl Baker on social media.

Thought it was a bit random from the off.

Nick

Administrator
They'll be in trouble again by the end of the season I suspect

giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t know how these smaller clubs survive day to day without a rich owner when my nephew moved to Stockport from Fleetwood he got a pay rise and went from full to part time at Fleetwood he was on over 25k per year.

Once again there seem to be a lot of containers around the entrance at Liberty way

Nick

Administrator
I don’t know how these smaller clubs survive day to day without a rich owner when my nephew moved to Stockport from Fleetwood he got a pay rise and went from full to part time at Fleetwood he was on over 25k per year.

Once again there seem to be a lot of containers around the entrance at Liberty way
That's the thing. When clubs like that are apparently offering players like Kelly Evans a pay rise from us as well.

Is there any ffp in non League? How can a club like that be losing 30k a month or whatever it was.

Terry Gibson's perm

Listening to the manager on the radio tonight it sounds like they are in meltdown the chairman talked to two players saying he was going to sack them in the week and both played today and had stinkers. The manager spoke about keeping the club alive.

Nick

Administrator
Listening to the manager on the radio tonight it sounds like they are in meltdown the chairman talked to two players saying he was going to sack them in the week and both played today and had stinkers. The manager spoke about keeping the club alive.
It sounds a bit schoolboy

Captain Dart

Something is up.. maybe

chiefdave

Something is up.. maybe

Fingers crossed it’s good news for them.

Don’t know much about non league, are they just badly run or is all of non league a basket case like they are?

They seem to be in serious trouble more often than us and some of the figures thrown around are crazy given the crowds and how little they must get in sponsorship.

Nick

Administrator
They were losing 30k a month and he has got it down to 20k a month.

Just the usual, overspending what they didn't have.

They were offering players like Kelly Evans more than us to play for them.

NorthernWisdom

They seem to be in serious trouble more often than us and some of the figures thrown around are crazy given the crowds and how little they must get in sponsorship.
It's even more crazy when in terms of fanbase potential, when they get it right, they really should be one of the bigger non league clubs. At the very least they should be bouncing between conference and the league below... without the constant crises they end up in, too!

Terry Gibson's perm

It's even more crazy when in terms of fanbase potential, when they get it right, they really should be one of the bigger non league clubs. At the very least they should be bouncing between conference and the league below... without the constant crises they end up in, too!

There are a lot of City and Villa fans here maybe that would be better playing at different times to us and them

Nick

Administrator
It is understood that Boro boss Jimmy Ginnelly has been entrusted with the shares with the view of finding the ten investors, who will need to stump up around£10,000 each.

This is believed to be enough money to see the club out until the end of the season.

But the ten would have to be rolling investors to the club and pay another £10,000 each next season unless a buyer can be found.

chiefdave

Finding 10 local businessmen who will stump up 10 grand each to play football club owner shouldn't be impossible, its the having to cover a hole in the finances every year thats the problem. If they're spending it on wages surely the better option is to live within their means, at least until they can find an owner who wants to chuck money away.

Nick

Administrator
Finding 10 local businessmen who will stump up 10 grand each to play football club owner shouldn't be impossible, its the having to cover a hole in the finances every year thats the problem. If they're spending it on wages surely the better option is to live within their means, at least until they can find an owner who wants to chuck money away.

I think they are just going to need a massive clearout to survive, they are relegated anyway.

He was trying to do that to be fair and getting loads of shit for it.

Terry Gibson's perm

It might be more difficult than you think to get the investors as some got stung under previous owners for a fair amount of cash.

CovInEssex

They should have a look at Wrexham and how they are ran. Owned by the fans. Got to be the only way back now.

Captain Dart

I think they will have to go bust first. I can't see them finding the money for HMRC and they don't piss around if tax is not being paid.

However some tweets have cast doubt on joshua smiths assertion money has to be paid this week.

Nick

Administrator
Makes you wonder how they have got away with the over spend. They were losing 30k a month then 20k.

Ideally if they can get somebody to cover the immediate bills, over the summer they need a massive clear out of players back to basics and lower wages.

chiefdave

Makes you wonder how they have got away with the over spend. They were losing 30k a month then 20k.

Ideally if they can get somebody to cover the immediate bills, over the summer they need a massive clear out of players back to basics and lower wages.
Manager was on CWR, said they had 22 contracted players, which I assume means full time contacts, and they've now reduced that to 5. No wonder they are in trouble. There's football league clubs with squads not much bigger than that.

Nick

Administrator
Manager was on CWR, said they had 22 contracted players, which I assume means full time contacts, and they've now reduced that to 5. No wonder they are in trouble. There's football league clubs with squads not much bigger than that.
That's madness. Who was handing them out?

Same with players like dke, baker etc.

Terry Gibson's perm

It won’t make much of a difference between full or part time the cost will still be far to high for a club if their size.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's madness. Who was handing them out?

Same with players like dke, baker etc.

There's the problem, the ownership structure was so shrouded in mystery that it could've been anyone making the decisions at the top.

Terry Gibson's perm

They are also likely to get an end of season windfall as Stockport go there last day and are chasing the title so will be bringing big numbers, even I am going to watch

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread