Nuneaton Boro on the brink of folding (1 Viewer)

vow

Or alternatively, Wasps move there.

Think we may have to move them back to London in stages.
Go North to come South?!

You're going the wrong way pal...

lifeskyblue

Why would a non league club want a 15K capacity, its currently ~4.6k and the crowds this season are around 650, I swear they regularly used to be double that a few years back but even then the ground was quite big enough.

Currently the ground fulfils requirements to start a first season in the EFL In the unlikely event of promotion but they'd need quadruple their existing seating capacity from 500 to 2000 and bump up the total capacity to 5000 to remain in the league.

I meant if we bought the land from the rugby club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

I meant if we bought the land from the rugby club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that was where you were coming from but I didn't want to accuse you of being prepared to destroy another club. You said it yourself.

no_loyalty

Had a decent turnout yesterday apparently, but got hammered 6-0 against Bradford Park Avenue.

Does one of the DKE twins play for them?

Captain Dart

Latest thing I read says no one will fess up to being the club's owner. Very strange.

scottccfc

someone must have that elusive golden share from the F.A or whoever, they should answer some of the questions arising from this escapade

chiefdave

There must be a company who run things, take the money, pay the staff etc. Can't they just look up on companies house who is the director?

CJ_covblaze

There must be a company who run things, take the money, pay the staff etc. Can't they just look up on companies house who is the director?

There hasn’t been one since Thorn resigned.

chiefdave

There hasn’t been one since Thorn resigned.
Eh, how does that work then? Surely if there's not a company any more then the club doesn't exist.

Not sure on the legality of just walking away if your the owner. Surely you either sell or liquidate.

Nick

Administrator
Has a big job on if it needs 5 figures a month to cover the wages.

Either has some people with money going to throw some his way or will have to start cost cutiing and rebuild.

Nick

Administrator
Nicky Eaden has left by mutual consent apparently. Few days after the chairman signed some players from his Saturday team.

BUSA

Think there is more going at Nuneaton than meets the eye. Plenty of rumours of stuff going on with ppl in the shadows backing the new chairman

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Nuneaton Borough threatened with legal action by ground owner

Nuneaton Borough threatened with legal action by ground owner
"A bitter row has broken out over rent at the home of Nuneaton Borough Football Club with ground owner Norman Smurthwaite considering legal action.

The Port Vale owner claims he is owed between £5,000 and £6,000 in rent for the ground and has threatened to take possession of the stadium if it is not paid.

But new chairman Nick Hawkins claims that Smurthwaite should honour what he reportedly said in the summer – that he would ‘waive’ rent until a new owner was found - but instead he has billed the club for rent prior to Hawkins taking over."

"Asked directly if he had threatened to recall the two players because of unpaid rent at his stadium at Nuneaton, Smurthwaite said: "No, I have actually threatened to take possession of the stadium because they haven't paid me rent.

He added: "They haven't paid their bill. That is circa £5,000 to £6,000 and there will be another £2,000 to £3,000 on December 1 due.

"And if he chooses to continue not to pay his bills then clearly he leaves the landlord no option but to take possession and basically invalidate the lease.

"So, there are two different conversations going on."

The Vale owner said he has health and safety concerns for the Vale players at Nuneaton following issues that have come to his attention recently.

He added: "I have a duty of care to two members of staff who are employed by us and are there.

"They have not been paid any expenses since they have been going - from Burslem in one case to Nuneaton. Nuneaton haven't volunteered any money for those players which is wrong. It is a disgrace really.

"And basically we find ourselves in a situation that they have gone part time without consulting us as a football club as to what they are doing regarding the training aspects and so on."

scottccfc

Is the new chairman pukka or just a puppet?
all accounts so far doing a grand job, really open and honest with the fans only issue I can see is how he can move them forward without any outside forces which will destabilse the club again

Philosorapter

I remember when Smurthwaite decided to comment on a Coventry Telegragh sports article like anyone else would.

Seems to be a proper football fan.

Could be stuff going on over there he's not happy about.

scottccfc

there is huge anger towards smurthwaite from the boro faithful, its a shame because I think Nuneaton are a good non league team and a team that we have utilised with sending players on loan too, be a shame to see them drop through the divisions

Nick

Administrator
So they gave the assistant manager the job, saying he should take his chance.

He's now gone!

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Lee Fowler? Was literally on the radio two days ago.
What was he saying?

Yeah he has gone as well. The chairman was only saying it's his time to take his chance a week or so ago when Eaden went.

It's all a bit random.

Users who are viewing this thread