Now's the time... (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

Why is this such a depressing negative site to visit when remarkably, against all the odds, we are still in there with a shout of survival?! Isn't this the time to put away criticism and get get behind our team?!! We're close to the run-in and nothings going to change so let's make the best of what's there....we all know there's a lot to moan about, but not now...that time is over for now...so let's get some passion back in our support...now!

ccfcway

we were 2 minutes away from virtually being down today

its just dawned on people that this is mission impossible, and all this is doing is prolonging the inevitable

I'd LOVE to be wrong and someone post this in MAY, but somehow, i just cant see it.

Less than 14,000 with a price promotion on tickets suggests that i am certainly not alone

Otis

Don't understand these kinds of posts at all.

We are all getting behind the team.

ajsccfc

It's more mission very difficult than mission impossible. We're three points behind two sides out of the relegation zone and have enjoyed a remarkable upturn in home results. Getting something other than depressed away from home is where things really need to change also.

ccfcway

I'd say "having to pick up points away from home to stand any chance of staying up, from a team who is the only one in all 4 divisions not to do that, and the teams around us having games in hand"

is mission impossible

Doesnt stop me supporting my team, but being realistic for once, without the rose tinted galsses, says it will be a huge struggle. Lets face it, we were 3 minutes away from this thread not being created today, and it being replaced with a "WE ARE DOWN" thread

CCFC123

Why is this such a depressing negative site to visit when remarkably, against all the odds, we are still in there with a shout of survival?! Isn't this the time to put away criticism and get get behind our team?!! We're close to the run-in and nothings going to change so let's make the best of what's there....we all know there's a lot to moan about, but not now...that time is over for now...so let's get some passion back in our support...now!

you know and i know that come 5pm next week we'll be back in the shit again..... good post but majority of the punters aren't stupid.

ccfcway

you know and i know that come 5pm next week we'll be back in the shit again..... good post but majority of the punters aren't stupid.

Lost our "MUST WIN" last week, and today for the eniore match, the comment was "they are playing like they dont know how important this is. Its like a end of season game"....

Is there ANYONE who thinks we can get anything out of Leicester game ?

standupforcity

Lost our "MUST WIN" last week, and today for the eniore match, the comment was "they are playing like they dont know how important this is. Its like a end of season game"....

Is there ANYONE who thinks we can get anything out of Leicester game ?

Both Forest and Millwall got unlikely away wins today....so yes it's definitely possible

Colonel Mustard

Why is this such a depressing negative site to visit

No CCFC website has as many cheerleaders as this site.

remarkably, against all the odds, we are still in there with a shout of survival?!

A 'remarkable, against all the odds' season would be one where we were challenging for the playoffs. We've been in the relegation zone for months.

Isn't this the time to put away criticism and get get behind our team?!!

At the matches, for sure. You need to address that message to the morons who mocked Baker. But everything between the matches is commentary, discussion. It's absurd to think it helps or hinders the team.

Nonleagueherewecome

Reckon we might win at Bristol C, and wins in the last 2 home games will mean it goes to Southampton away with radios a-go-go as we wait to see what other results bring! If Saints just need a point, are up or are resting players for the play-offs, it could be an easier game than usual. Given that situation, will those of you on here who are saying "forget it, we're down" now still be saying it then? Won't you sound a mite defeatist? Nobody who ever won anything worth fighting for gave up quite so easily in the past!

Sure I'm getting ahead of myself, but given that we're closer to safety than we've been for most of the season, you have to have at least a little bit of hope. Anyone who remembers those regular 80's and 90's relegation battles won't have completely given up hope, surely?!?

ccfcway

Both Forest and Millwall got unlikely away wins today....so yes it's definitely possible

HA, brill, we might as well end this thread now

Winning 3-0 away to Burnley or winning away to a team who hadnt lost at home all season

We just dont have the team for that, again, loved to be proved wrong, but our entire season disagrees with you

standupforcity

Reckon we might win at Bristol C, and wins in the last 2 home games will mean it goes to Southampton away with radios a-go-go as we wait to see what other results bring! If Saints just need a point, are up or are resting players for the play-offs, it could be an easier game than usual. Given that situation, will those of you on here who are saying "forget it, we're down" now still be saying it then? Won't you sound a mite defeatist? Nobody who ever won anything worth fighting for gave up quite so easily in the past!

Sure I'm getting ahead of myself, but given that we're closer to safety than we've been for most of the season, you have to have at least a little bit of hope. Anyone who remembers those regular 80's and 90's relegation battles won't have completely given up hope, surely?!?

Exactly! I remember it well...very exciting...and great to survive. Surviving this season would bring a very big contented smile to my face... next season is next season. But like you said let's not get ahead of ourselves...

standupforcity

HA, brill, we might as well end this thread now

Winning 3-0 away to Burnley or winning away to a team who hadnt lost at home all season

We just dont have the team for that, again, loved to be proved wrong, but our entire season disagrees with you

That's just the kind of negative comment I'm referring to...it serves us nothing. Speak to the Millwall or Forest fans and I'll bet they were pretty surprised today...

Nonleagueherewecome

we seem to be missing something in all of this

Our owners dont care

I'll agree with that 100%, but we've known that all season and we can't do much about it apart from follow in Brinners example and turn up at HQ and cause a stink.

CWR: Are there resources available to Andy Thorn?
Tim Fisher: Well..there's 2 or 3 injured players returning to fitness..so he's got available resources there in those returning injured players.

:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Smug bastard!

Colonel Mustard

That's just the kind of negative comment I'm referring to...it serves us nothing.

There's nothing wrong with being negative when you can qualify the comments. And of course it serves a purpose - discussion that leads to greater understanding for all (one would hope). The only place where uncritical, unquestioning support belongs is at the Ricoh for 90 minutes.

ccfcway

That's just the kind of negative comment I'm referring to...it serves us nothing. Speak to the Millwall or Forest fans and I'll bet they were pretty surprised today...

Sorry, your right

Despite not winning ONE game away from home ALL season, I see no reason at all, that we will now do that, and win the 2 or so away games that we need,as well as continuing the home form to enable us to survive in this divison.

Quick question for you, when Keogh went down earlier, who else though, what on earth happens if he has to go off ?

Tonylinc

If we, by some miracle, survive this season in the Championship we will more than likely still be lumbered with Sisu next season. Anyone else find that a depressing thought?

standupforcity

Sorry, your right

Despite not winning ONE game away from home ALL season, I see no reason at all, that we will now do that, and win the 2 or so away games that we need,as well as continuing the home form to enable us to survive in this divison.

Quick question for you, when Keogh went down earlier, who else though, what on earth happens if he has to go off ?

I'll be watching closely for your posts when we DO get that away win...cos it's gonna happen...this season! If not, then I bow to your greater knowledge...

ccfcway

standupforcity, I am more than happy to be wrong, and will take great pleasure in myslef or anyone else reposting this and i can assure you i will have as big smile on my face as anyone else.

I so hope you right..

I just dont think you will be

Nonleagueherewecome

If we, by some miracle, survive this season in the Championship we will more than likely still be lumbered with Sisu next season. Anyone else find that a depressing thought?

Fisher implied that relegation makes it more likely we'll be stuck with them!

Brighton Sky Blue

I'll be going to Leicester fully expecting a battering-but it's that slim chance of upsetting the odds that makes City away games so tempting. If we lose, we lose-but if we win, it's priceless!

ccfcway

I'll be going to Leicester fully expecting a battering-but it's that slim chance of upsetting the odds that makes City away games so tempting. If we lose, we lose-but if we win, it's priceless!

It's not priceless,

I have worked out that every away win i have seen in the past 3 years has cost me nearly £2,500

lol

Grendel

The initial tenure if the thread is odd. There is little negativity in the ground.
For me today answered the one issue that has irritated me and others on this site for some time. The absurd notion that thorn should get a medal if we survive. That implies we are massively inferior to every other team in the league. Today fans who believe that really shoal look at themselves. Barnsley sit in relative safety. Yet man for man they are no better than us and today our bench was stronger than theirs.
This is the frustration. There are 6 or 7 poor teams and we are one of them but we are equal to them. Ultimately we are as capable of surviving as any of them,

Nonleagueherewecome

I think their bench was actually match fit? And there was a lot of negativity in the ground, certainly where I sat, and in B18 too by the sounds of it.

Nonleagueherewecome

Plus you ignore that their best players have just been sold..

Users who are viewing this thread