Now they want Clarke as well! (3 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

So what do you know?

So ACL were using the Ricoh as a cash cow? IIRC CCC refinanced the mortgage on the Ricoh. When the morgage was taken out interest rates were much higher. So with a lower amount to pay they were able to offer a much lower amount. We were in admin so they had to by law go through the administrator. Looks like SISU told him not to accept. Instead they tried for a judicial review. Remember even the judge said they were trying to send ACL to the wall to get the Ricoh for peanuts? Why didn't they enter talks to try and sort something out if they wanted to?

There are two sides involved in this. One side wants to talk. One side wants the Ricoh for peanuts. Yet you blame who?
animcolere.gif

So why hasn't Ann Lucas met with Joy Seppala or Nikki Sinclaire if by what you have said "One sides wants to talk" seems like the one side that wants to talk isn't the one you expect.

Astute

All the shit behind the scenes didn't just appear when Robins took over, neither did it appear at the end of last season, it's brewing to so many levels over the last few years, Mark Robins new what job he took on and did very well however when Robins left on the pitch we looked good, off the pitch normal service was in order.

But did he really know how bad things were when he took over?

Astute

So why hasn't Ann Lucas met with Joy Seppala or Nikki Sinclaire if by what you have said "One sides wants to talk" seems like the one side that wants to talk isn't the one you expect.

Are you saying she don't want to meet Joy? Can prove you wrong easily if you like.

Joy has said there is one price they will pay. Nothing else. No thoughts for our club or fans. At least she has fooled some of our fans.

RoboCCFC90

But did he really know how bad things were when he took over?

He obvously didn't do his homework too well then did he?

RPHunt

I don't blame Ann Lucas for not wanting to meet with Nikki Sinclaire.

Apart from being able to do nothing about the situation, Ms Sinclaire has become SISU's biggest fan and is making claims that even Fisher would be ashamed of. For all the good it would do, Ms Lucas might as well meet Grendel.

italiahorse

Are you saying she don't want to meet Joy? Can prove you wrong easily if you like.

Joy has said there is one price they will pay. Nothing else. No thoughts for our club or fans. At least she has fooled some of our fans.

She keeps dangling the bait and they keep taking it.

stupot07

Of course with Sisu not readily filing accounts, and having a web of companies moving assets and debts around it's hard to know the 'full truth'. Although most would view this set up is for their benefit rather than the club's.

Big picture, obviously revenue has dropped like a stone over the 5 Sisu years in charge with gates halving and following relegation and this Northants nonsense. No doubt they have tried to balance the books by selling pretty much every asset we have...

But let's be clear balancing the books in Div 3 or 4 or non league or whatever, isnt business success (as some on GMK seem to believe). A key part of any successful business is Growth. Balance the books in the Championship fair enough, but reduce the club's value by a half or a third, with little infrastructure to support future growth is failure. Sisu's failure.

If you take Swansea as an example that's exactly what they did. It's almost easier to balance books in league one or two with the FFP rules than it is in the championship. Deluded tried to balance the books in the championship and we got relegated.

RoboCCFC90

Oh because she has now stated in the CT after Nikki had spoken to Joy and had offered Anne Lucas the same invitation..

RoboCCFC90

I don't blame Ann Lucas for not wanting to meet with Nikki Sinclaire.

Apart from being able to do nothing about the situation, Ms Sinclaire has become SISU's biggest fan and is making claims that even Fisher would be ashamed of. For all the good it would do, Ms Lucas might as well meet Grendel.

Can you please explain as to why you think this?

RoboCCFC90

And neither did/have a lot of us fans.

Things all looked good at the beginning, we were all mistaken for believing this would be a good thing, however as time has gone on CCFC has been falling like a shot bird.

No one could have known what we were in store for when SISU took over.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Big difference to funding losses and maintaining a competitive squad via FPP rules I'm afraid.

That only comes into play for squads funded after this season. It has no bearing on this window, since this season's FFP calculation is based on Ricoh attendances for a venue they didn't pay for.

And I quote from Greg Clarke's interview with the Telegraph:

'Sky Blues boss Tim Fisher claimed this week the club had shown the League proof of funds for the cash/equity part of the total costs of building a stadium (potentially more than £10million for a £25m stadium, with the rest borrowed); that Otium had been “recapitalised” by Sisu-related Cayman Islands-based hedge fund Arvo Master Fund; and that the company could fund the club’s losses while groundsharing'.

So, they need to sell no players this window; as Fisher promised the didn't. Nor any window for the next 5 years.

Let's see, huh?

italiahorse

Can you please explain as to why you think this?

... because she came out of the JS meeting blaming the council. Giving out propaganda as given to her by JS.
Papers now blasting out £4 charge per person but not relating it to old rent.
She does not understand the detail behind the issues (same as us) but the papers are printing her output as gospel.

Astute

Oh because she has now stated in the CT after Nikki had spoken to Joy and had offered Anne Lucas the same invitation..

I think you will find that she was told Joy was out of the country. Talks would not have been good for SISU's plans. Talks were asked for again once this news broke. If there was no truth in this SISU would have threatened to sue.

lewys33

1. What is the point in meeting Nikki Sinclaire?

2. What was discussed that was of importance in the meeting Nikki and Joy shared?

3. She offered to meet Joy before. Nothing came of it.

4. There has been an appeal of the JR decision. Why SHOULD there be a meeting when this is going on?

5. Is it not obvious that a meeting would be pointless? Joy wants the Ricoh at HER price. Council/ACL wont sell it to Joy for HER price - as it would result in a loss for them and the tax payer. Case closed.

Also Mark Robbins left because when he asked Tim about where the club was going, and what plans they had with regards to FFP etc. he could not give him a straight answer. So Mark said he wanted to go. Nobody can blame him.

Astute

Things all looked good at the beginning, we were all mistaken for believing this would be a good thing, however as time has gone on CCFC has been falling like a shot bird.

No one could have known what we were in store for when SISU took over.

At last we can agree on something. I used to be very vocal in my support for SISU. Even backing them when dubious decisions were made by them. But once they got rid of most of our 1st team a couple of seasons ago I could see they were in it for what they could get and would do anything to make money out of us. They have taken us so low there is only one way they can make money out of us. This is getting their hands on the Ricoh.

I wouldn't have a problem with them having the Ricoh if they could be trusted. They have proved though that they can't be trusted with anything. They would own the Ricoh and not our club. They would do whatever made them the most money. If this meant separating club and ground then dumping our club this is what they would do. Whilst we have a ground to play in when SISU have gone we still have a future. We have the support. We could start again. It isn't what I want to happen, but we would have a base to start from.

It means nothing to me if CCC let the ground go for peanuts. I live a long way from Coventry, so nothing to do with my council tax money. I just want what is best for my club in the long run. This to me isn't letting faultless SISU getting it
innocent.gif

RoboCCFC90

I am sorry, are you claiming this honour?

Not at all, but for someone who is just trying to hear the story from both sides and sides more to SISU doesn't mean Nikki Sinclaire has all of a suddeen become Joy's no1 fan.

RoboCCFC90

... because she came out of the JS meeting blaming the council. Giving out propaganda as given to her by JS.
Papers now blasting out £4 charge per person but not relating it to old rent.
She does not understand the detail behind the issues (same as us) but the papers are printing her output as gospel.

How do you know it's relating to the old rent?

Maybe she is saying thats where the blames lies because there is genuine evidence to support that statement?

Ashdown1

Actually a few of us were very sceptical from the start after the initial relief of a takeover there was a period where you started to wonder about the wisdom of being completely owned and controlled by a hedge fund who had no links with the City whatsoever. To be fair they did give it a small punt for a couple of years but made terrible personnel decisions who contrived to waste available funds and then gave in abruptly and changed tact so severely the club soon suffered another relegation and quite dramatic negative growth ensued with falling crowds, player contracts we couldn't afford etc. At this point SISU decided to look for someone else to blame and stopped paying the full rent, the rest of the shambles is history...................

1, The rent issue should have been resolved as part of the due diligence process in 2007 or at least clauses added to for possible relegation.
2, Some sort of part ownership of the Arena should have been secured as part of the takeover to ensure a deal was pushed through.
2, The wage bill had to be reduced steadily over the first three years of tenure with a manager who could work with a smaller budget and motivate and scout players at lower costs.

In truth Coventry City with its existing fanbase and turnover should have been geared up towards being a top 10 Championship side with the potential to be another WBA with spells in the Prem with which income they could have secured the clubs future.

FRY-CCFC

CCFC: Coventry City have received an inquiry from Sheffield United to take star striker Leon Clarke to Bramall Lane.
The Blades made their call on Saturday night, asking to take the 28-year-old on loan, but were promptly told he’s going nowhere.
The Sky Blues today confirmed the nature of the interest but reiterated Steve Pressley’s intention not to let any player go in the transfer window, either by being sold or otherwise, and that the club would only consider “ridiculous” offers for any of their current first team squad.
The news comes days after United boss David Weir made an inquiry about the availability of Clarke’s strike partner Callum Wilson, when he was told the same thing.

RoboCCFC90

1. What is the point in meeting Nikki Sinclaire? - At least someone is getting the answers maybe this is something the Trust should of done, after all we are trying to get the answers, who cares how as long as they are out in the open.

2. What was discussed that was of importance in the meeting Nikki and Joy shared? - Well Joy is the supposed Mystery Woman, however she is willing to meet someone to discuss the situation and the issues involved with owning our club. One reason why Joy won't meet the fans, because they would try and have her head.

3. She offered to meet Joy before. Nothing came of it. - Are you talking about Anne Lucas?

4. There has been an appeal of the JR decision. Why SHOULD there be a meeting when this is going on? - There was me thinking that the more time this goes on the worse it will become, however if you should see a reason why this issue shouldn't be resolved now and to give enough of a reason for the club to return to the City then I'd be happy to hear it.

5. Is it not obvious that a meeting would be pointless? Joy wants the Ricoh at HER price. Council/ACL wont sell it to Joy for HER price - as it would result in a loss for them and the tax payer. Case closed. - Council won't sell it at all, that's the issue not the price. The Council don't trust SISU and vice versa, which I understand however these two group of babies need to sit down and talk like adults or get negotiators in who will talk.

Also Mark Robbins left because when he asked Tim about where the club was going, and what plans they had with regards to FFP etc. he could not give him a straight answer. So Mark said he wanted to go. Nobody can blame him. - No one can blame that however I remember Family Reasons being apart of the reason too, maybe not the biggest one, but enough to make the move.

RoboCCFC90

CCFC: Coventry City have received an inquiry from Sheffield United to take star striker Leon Clarke to Bramall Lane.
The Blades made their call on Saturday night, asking to take the 28-year-old on loan, but were promptly told he’s going nowhere.
The Sky Blues today confirmed the nature of the interest but reiterated Steve Pressley’s intention not to let any player go in the transfer window, either by being sold or otherwise, and that the club would only consider “ridiculous” offers for any of their current first team squad.
The news comes days after United boss David Weir made an inquiry about the availability of Clarke’s strike partner Callum Wilson, when he was told the same thing.

That statement tells you all need to know so in otherwords Sheffield United do one!

Astute

Not at all, but for someone who is just trying to hear the story from both sides and sides more to SISU doesn't mean Nikki Sinclaire has all of a suddeen become Joy's no1 fan.

She has heard Joys version and taken it as gospel. But if she had researched the situation she will have known that Joy had been uneconomical with the truth. She is well known for this. In another recent court case she lost what she was after and the judge said exactly the same. She said that CCC wouldn't talk. Correct, but legally they were not allowed under administration laws. So what else did Joy tell her?

To me Nikki is trying her best to save her job. Her old party got rid of her. She needs a major vote winner. Maybe she thinks helping to get our club back in the Ricoh will do this....whatever the cost. She isn't a CCFC supporter. So why else is she getting involved?

Astute

Which is surely better than accepting the first one (which has been done a number of times previously).

I do hope that what you or I would consider as a 'ridiculous' offer is in the same ball park as what SISU would expect.

SISU will know by previous mistakes when selling that desperate clubs put the best offer in just before the transfer window closes. If a big offer comes in they will be able to say it is the only reason why they agreed to the sale. After all we all know every player has their price. They might even not do a disclosed for once
semarrefort.gif

Users who are viewing this thread