Now McSheffery (1 Viewer)

mattylad

has confirmed on Twitter has 24 months left on contract and is being made to train away from the first team as not in managers plans.

AFCCOVENTRY

@sheebagee: @TElves15 it expires in 24 months potentially 25. However I'm not in the plans so training away from the squad, but yes I'm still contracted

TheSnoz

All designed to force them out. It seems short sighted. Pressley doesn't know if he'll be able to sign players. Anything could happen in next few weeks. Huge gamble. Bad player management - as so mamy have already said on here. Of course we don't get to see behind the scenes. Maybe Pressley has seen things with these players we're not privy to.

mattylad

just like Portsmouth I dont see any of them walking away for anything less than 3/4 of what they have left plus a percentage of the bonuses they will miss out on.

Chipfat

Club can't do anything with players under contract if compo is not agreed, this could get more than a bit messy with the playing staff now,,, will only take one to go to the FA and make complaints and things may change very quickly...

RFC

No good second guessing the Manager & his motives, has repeatedly said "he wants a change in attitude and a winning mentality"! Let's hope he achieves that.

the rumpo kid

well if macca edge bell and anyone else just want to sit it out and take sisu's money for nothing good on them, see how they like a taste of there own medicine. and don't think that they're wages would go on brining someone else in......... it wouldn't.

stupot07

It makes me laugh....everyone's been slagging sheff and bell off, etc calling them deadwood for years now they have been told they're to in pressleys plans everyone's angry

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He came back a different player last time this happened! It's all a ploy!!!!!

But seriously, who gave him such a long deal! :facepalm: I'd say signing him for longer is worse than the contract Bell got!
Initially he was brought in on a 1 year deal with the option of a second year if he played x amount of games. I recall he played that amount, so got his contract. But he must have been awarded another contract since then, and must have been a 4(ish) year contract? Bet it was deluded!

Chipfat

It makes me laugh....everyone's been slagging sheff and bell off, etc calling them deadwood for years now they have been told they're to in pressleys plans everyone's angry

I find nothing funny on here or the situation we find our club in,, Bell and Macca were given long contracts by who!! its not the players its what and how the contracts were set up might not be good news for those who think Sisu are good for our club....

SkyBlueRuffian

He came back a different player last time this happened! It's all a ploy!!!!!

But seriously, who gave him such a long deal! :facepalm: I'd say signing him for longer is worse than the contract Bell got!
Initially he was brought in on a 1 year deal with the option of a second year if he played x amount of games. I recall he played that amount, so got his contract. But he must have been awarded another contract since then, and must have been a 4(ish) year contract? Bet it was deluded!

It was indeed Dulieu, gave both Bell and Baker extended contracts.

Nick

Administrator
For listing players that are sub-standard, yet on a very generous pay package!?

Sub-standard the lot them (as in the released and 8 listed) bar maybe Jennings (who had a woeful 2013) and Clarke (who struggle to make 1st team).

He has a point, what if we can more better players to replace 2 who might not have done it?

mattylad

I don't think many would argue that the squad needs shuffling its just the methods being used. The only two times I know of this total isolation of players was GMc here and Phil Brown at Hull and look how that went!

Gint11

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again, SP has made the right decision. It appears a risk because of all the bullshit going on and not being able to sign players but believe me, he will have targets he wants so he needs to be able to get them. If they then prove to be good players and on cheaper deals, then theres no issues. In agreement to a comment above, all the shite Sheffers got for being poor, slow etc, now some people are cursing SP for telling him he can go, amongst others.

Sub

not angry just goes to show how piss poor our owners management has been !! sisu offering stupid contracts for stupid amounts of time well done ken for offering bell his contract !! just goes to show they dont have a clue about running a football club no wonder we are in such a poor financial position :(
:(:(

wozey

If he's being a dick causing problems and upsetting the players then maybe he shouldn't be around the other players fact is we can say what we want but we never get the full story

Gint11

No Doubt Sheffers can still do a job for us and should not be discounted.........he is a home town boy

I would have agreed with you this time last season. Sheff of old should smash league 1. But he had a poor season and is only getting older. Time to move on. Look, bringing youth players through is risky but it can work in your favour to, if they are hungry and out to prove themselves. The key is to mix it with some old heads that still have it. The last old head that still had it was Dennis Wise which brings me onto another point, we need a leader.

Users who are viewing this thread