Match Thread Notts Forest Match Thread (1 Viewer)

fatso

I thought Palmer looked very promising, He faded badly but that's understandable, we need to give him some time to regain his match fitness
He's got 3 weeks. He's a professional, he should be ready to go when the season starts, end of.
I'd love to of heard Brian Clough's thoughts on professional footballers not being fit enough to start a season.

WGABSOOS

He's got 3 weeks. He's a professional, he should be ready to go when the season starts, end of.
I'd love to of heard Brian Clough's thoughts on professional footballers not being fit enough to start a season.
Hasn't played for 9 months but should get fit in 3 weeks? Simple isn't it. Jodi Jones clearly should have been a regular in a fortnight then.

Speedie's Head

Hasn't played for 9 months but should get fit in 3 weeks? Simple isn't it. Jodi Jones clearly should have been a regular in a fortnight then.

That's exactly why I bothered to make the point - people have totally unreasonable expectations sometimes. Kane, Bidwell, Wags all took a fair few games last season. Waggy had just found some fitness I felt when he got injured

shmmeee

We’ve got plenty of attacking talent to allow Palmer to get up to speed.
Walker’s second was excellent.
Let’s hope he starts the season fired up and shuts the boo boys up.

Wouldn’t be averse to a Györkeres Godden Walker front line when chasing the game.

clint van damme

The man who threatened to fine Frank Clarke for doing extra training!

skybluegod

Walker’s second was excellent.
Let’s hope he starts the season fired up and shuts the boo boys up.

Great finish.

I think back to the Barnsley second game of the season and honestly believe it had such a big impact on the strikers at the club. What could have been if it had turned out differently. Walker looked really good that day before he injured his shoulder.
Gyokeres missing the pen seemed to spurr him on. And Waghorn not taking it seemed to effect him.

fatso

So what the fuck has he been doing for 9 months then, does he not train? Does he not put a pair of boots on? Does he not run about a bit?
Walker and Kelly ain't played much, but it appears they are ready!

WGABSOOS

So what the fuck has he been doing for 9 months then, does he not train? Does he not put a pair of boots on? Does he not run about a bit?
Do I need to explain the words match fit to you? OK as your clearly a bit slow I'll try. He hasn't played a match for 9 months. Bombed out by Bristol. Walker played for Portsmouth. Kelly played too. You seem to think that just sticking on some boots means you can last 90 minutes straight away. Utterly clueless aren't you.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

But they’re used to the intensity, I doubt Bristol City play at the same intensity

fatso

Do I need to explain the words match fit to you? OK as your clearly a bit slow I'll try. He hasn't played a match for 9 months. Bombed out by Bristol. Walker played for Portsmouth. Kelly played too. You seem to think that just sticking on some boots means you can last 90 minutes straight away. Utterly clueless aren't you.
Well let me explain it to you, he's had 9 months to get himself into reasonable shape, not match fit, as match fitness comes from pre-season sessions and friendly matches, but when you come back from a month or more off, there's no excuse for still being behind every one else.
For example, Walker has supposedly been training while off, to make himself as fit as possible, so he has a chance to impress, and fair play to the lad.
If you've had over 9 months to prepair (and he would of known he'd have a new club) you'd expect him (as a pro) to get himself somewhere near ready.
Or is that too much to ask?

SkyblueTexan

View attachment 25235For perspective, four players started yesterdays game also started their play off final. Another was on the bench in the play off final. Another was Lyle Taylor who most of us would have here in a heartbeat. Their GK is Dean Henderson on loan from Man Utd. Awoniyi was signed from Union Berlin for £17m.

Now pre-season is almost completely meaningless and I’m not one to be all that bothered whether we win or lose. But this “weakened side” is utter bullshit, spewed by people who just want to find something to weirdly negate. The first 45 they fielded yesterday was very close to their Premier League regular - subject to new signings obviously.
Obviously your comments were directed at me, but as I mentioned in my comments I was basing it on Cooper’s post-match comments. Anyway preseason matches are hard to read much into, but a win against team like Forest is good for confidence (especially Walker’s).

procdoc

Well let me explain it to you, he's had 9 months to get himself into reasonable shape, not match fit, as match fitness comes from pre-season sessions and friendly matches, but when you come back from a month or more off, there's no excuse for still being behind every one else.
For example, Walker has supposedly been training while off, to make himself as fit as possible, so he has a chance to impress, and fair play to the lad.
If you've had over 9 months to prepair (and he would of known he'd have a new club) you'd expect him (as a pro) to get himself somewhere near ready.
Or is that too much to ask?
You can do as much training as you like, if you’ve not played any competitive games in 9 months you’re going to be behind those who have.

You can clearly see from the photos he’s kept himself in good shape, he just hasn’t played any football for a while.

This isn’t a one off, literally any player would be able to explain to you the importance of being match fit.

steve101

There's being fit and then there is match fitness. It wasn't as though he was strolling around. He put in a good shift.

Users who are viewing this thread