Notts County Match Thread (1 Viewer)

kg82

No way, he fell over.

That videos not the best one of it. No way did he fall over. I was right in line, guy had a huge tug on his shirt, practically stopped Nouble in his tracks. Penalty all day long. But it didn't surprise me that it wasn't given by that ref.

stupot07

That videos not the best one of it. No way did he fall over. I was right in line, guy had a huge tug on his shirt, practically stopped Nouble in his tracks. Penalty all day long. But it didn't surprise me that it wasn't given by that ref.

We wouldn't have scored it anyway. We're hopeless at penalties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kg82

We wouldn't have scored it anyway. We're hopeless at penalties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Not really the point is it. Way I saw it, it was a goal scoring opportunity. Man would've had to walk as well, but the ref bottled it anyway. Mind you, I was crapping it when Martin decided he was going to lunge for the ball in the box. Asking for trouble if you do that, whether you get the ball or not.

stupot07

Not really the point is it. Way I saw it, it was a goal scoring opportunity. Man would've had to walk as well, but the ref bottled it anyway. Mind you, I was crapping it when Martin decided he was going to lunge for the ball in the box. Asking for trouble if you do that, whether you get the ball or not.

Maybe a penalty, I wasn't there and can't tell from that angle. But even so never a red card.

letsallsingtogether

Even CWR thought it was a stone wall penalty, and they are normally sympathetic towards Refs.

kg82

Maybe a penalty, I wasn't there and can't tell from that angle. But even so never a red card.

Rule is denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. Without the tug on the shirt, Nouble would've got there. He wasn't far out and it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. Watch the video again and look where Nouble is, right in front of goal.

Brighton Sky Blue

Rule is denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. Without the tug on the shirt, Nouble would've got there. He wasn't far out and it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. Watch the video again and look where Nouble is, right in front of goal.

There was something similar that happened in a Manchester derby a few years ago with Jonny Evans the guilty culprit. So clear that the ref gave the spot kick and sent off a home player at Old Trafford.

kg82

There was something similar that happened in a Manchester derby a few years ago with Jonny Evans the guilty culprit. So clear that the ref gave the spot kick and sent off a home player at Old Trafford.

Think I remember that. Basically the point I was making was, the ref was garbage!

Brighton Sky Blue

Think I remember that. Basically the point I was making was, the ref was garbage!

Well there's one thing we were always told in referee training-you should always ref according to the quality of players on the pitch. Makes them feel insecure otherwise.

stupot07

I have. But there's no guarentee he's have got there. You rarely see a foul given in those circumstances let alone a red.

Last edited:

kg82

Using freeze frame, I got the impression that Nouble was looking for the pen when the ball was in the air, presumably because he thought it wasn't going to fall kindly for him.

I like the way that Mowbray refuses to us such events as excuses.

Definitely not with the first point. But completely agree with your second point. Let us fans argue over stuff like that!

covcity4life

lol wasnt there,aint seen it but nouble involved so im taking refs side

looooooooooooooooooool

stupot07

looooooooooooooooooool

Ok helmet head

Completely ignore the fact I've seen the video on here, and the fact I said from that video's angle I didn't think it was a pen. If I saw if from the other angle I might agree it should have been a pen.

Last edited:

Otis

Ok helmet head

Completely ignore the fact I've seen the video on here, and the fact I said from that video's angle I didn't think it was a pen. If I saw if from the other angle I might agree it should have been a pen.

Don't call him helmet head! That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to him. :D

Grendel

looooooooooooooooooool

9 times out of 10 they are not given and there was minimal contact which didn't require him to fall.

If he thought he was going to get to the ball he could have stayed on his feet.

kg82

9 times out of 10 they are not given and there was minimal contact which didn't require him to fall.

Nope, sorry. It wasn't minimal. Without the tug he'd have got to the ball, the tug pulled him back so that he couldn't reach the ball. It was blatant.

LJC_CCFC

If he gives that as a pen, he would be giving 20 a game. If Nouble wants to get to that ball he can, he was far too quick to go down all day.

covcity4life

have not seen it yet so cant comment.

just hope stupot is "judging" with an open mind

Grendel

have not seen it yet so cant comment.

just hope stupot is "judging" with an open mind

Shirt pulling happens all the time - Pennington I think gives one if their players a real shove just as the kick comes over.

Users who are viewing this thread