Match Thread Nottingham Forest (H) (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

Another thing about ohare that he has against other attacking midfielders is he's always first into the tackle.. rare for a player in his position

Brighton Sky Blue

Get a left sided defender - get rid of Hamer and replace with a high energy midfielder- get an experienced left wing back - this season will be a bit of a free for all - any owner with some investment even moderate could get some reward

I agree in general but I think even with those additions we wouldn’t have the quality in depth to stay the course. We’d probably only break even on Hamer at the moment

Hobo

It is the first game folks. First half was a stuttering performance and we looked disjointed.

Attacking wise I thought our central midfielders were trying to look for a killer ball all the time and just gave it away. The wing backs got in some good positions but the final ball lacked quality. The forwards had to try and create stuff for themselves.

Rose looked good when he came on. Jones was allowed to try and occupy them by attacking. O'Hare as always just kept going. I thought Gyokeres deserved his goal just for all his running and direct style. McFadz just deserved the winner because he has been one of our most solid rocks last couple of years.

It is one game with a long way to go. A couple of players will come in. Some players will have better games than today. Players will bed in more.

But we won and over all I think it would have been harsh if we lost.. I predict a tough season similar to last year. A holding year. I just hope we can get into a safe position a little earlier.

Evo1883

It is the first game folks. First half was a stuttering performance and we looked disjointed.

Attacking wise I thought our central mid were trying to look for a killer ball all the time and just gave it away. The wing backs got in some good positions but the final ball lacked quality. The forwards had to try and create stuff for themselves.

Rose looked good when he came on. Jones was allowed to try and occupy them by attacking. O'Hare as always just kept going. I thought Gyokeres deserved his goal just for all his running and direct style. McFadz just deserved the winner because he has been one of our most solid rocks last couple of years.

It is one game with a long way to go. A couple of players will come in. Some players will have better games than today. Players will bed in more.

But we won and over all I think it would have been harsh if we lost.. I predict a tough season similar to last year. A holding year. I just hope we can get into a safe position a little earlier.
Yea hard to read to much into the game overall , it's very early days and still too early to write off players who have only really had a half pre season

stay_up_skyblues

Eldest keeps up her 100% record watching us. Youngest starts her own, despite being on her iPad all second half she’s come out absolutely buzzing and can’t wait to go back. Love watching new fans being made. By the time they realise we don’t always win they’ll be hooked mwahahahaha

Love this mate. My 11 year old daughters first “proper” game (did two at Stans). She was arms crossed first half but nearly hit the stadium roof jumping up when the winner went in. That’s how you hook them for life boys…. Already planning on how she will ask her mum if I can pick her up for Cardiff game and drop her back at 10.30 on a school night 🤣

Grendel

In what way did that present itself second half?

forest sat back - they were hardly any attacks in the second half until the end - if you think we don’t need defensive improvement that’s your call - I think we look wafer thin in that department

steve101

Attacking wise I thought our central midfielders were trying to look for a killer ball all the time and just gave it away. The wing backs got in some good positions but the final ball lacked quality. The forwards had to try and create stuff for themselves.

Great summary 👍🏻

Brighton Sky Blue

forest sat back - they were hardly any attacks in the second half until the end - if you think we don’t need defensive improvement that’s your call - I think we look wafer thin in that department

I’d be stunned if we don’t bring in reinforcements there before the window’s up

harvey098

Ive got covid so had to watch on sky (of all the games to miss!) but you lot that were there were outstanding. Could hear you constantly.

Moore looked good from crosses and that save at 1-0 was obviously crucial in the end.

Maatsen has a PL touch. That’s about all we can know from that performance.

O’Hare was everywhere. So influential on and off the ball, as always.

Walker has to play.

Can’t believe how much has changed since Robins stepped through the door. Both on the field and the general connection between the fans and team. Whatever happens from here, he will go down as a forever legend in the turnaround of our club.

junglej13

Agree with all of this. Seen a lot of posts saying Hamer wasn't great. He often tries to do too much each time but you can see the quality he has and actually thought he had more influence as the game went on. I like how he takes responsibility and wants to get on the ball as much as possible.

ccfcmad1

I have to admit the whole day hit me a lot harder emotionally than what I thought it would, the walk up the steps to taking my seat to the videos on the big screen in memory of people who have lost there lives, the Curtis tribute, tribute to the young lad who had died to scoring a 97th minute winner.
What a roller-coaster of emotion and a fitting result to top the day PUSB

Happy_Martian

Fabulous dead ball in the 96th minute

Yes, a nice lofted ball in but did you see CO'H going round everyone telling them which set piece they were going to run ?

Grendel

Hope so. Many parts of the game today suggested we miss him. First half mainly.

where would he play? Who’s he going to replace

Users who are viewing this thread