Match Thread Nottingham Forest (H) (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Ben Sheaf nowhere near good enough, clearly we were obligated to buy him and we need to try get him into the team but... wow, worst player we have had at this level. What does he offer? slow.. only goes sideways, gives it away as much as he keeps it, can't tackle..

We are 3-4 players short and we will have a terrible season unless we improve the quality.

I wonder what Danny Thomas has to say about this

Liquid Gold

“We need centre backs. I’m not happy with the recruitment”

“What is wrong with you? Do you hate Mark Robins? You’re a bed wetter?”

- Dabo has to play at centre back

“What more could we do without any other players”

Esoterica

We did see last season Rose was a liability when he wasn't up to speed. I'd hang on starting him until he was fully fit - get his confidence right and he looks the part.

Could also argue, tbf, that Rose in last 30 bringing the ball out of defence could make space for Walker to exploit, when he inevitably comes on.
Yeah I get what you're saying but that was coming back from a fairly long term hip(?) injury though. This is just him being a couple of weeks behind in match fitness because of the Vid/isolation isn't it? If it was a like for like change I'd agree but that one change has meant playing Dabo at CB, the bumbling puppy-clown on the right and Hyam switching back to his proven weak side. Too many knock on consequences for me, especially when Maatsen was always going to take some time to adjust to the level.

Happy_Martian

Their defender will 100% get a retrospective ban for that.

Won't help us today. Ref hasn't seen half the things going on out there. Maybe his eyesight is as bad as the Sky picture.

Sky Blue Pete

Moore’s playing pretty well, decent distribution after his first kick. Rest look well off the pace. No attacking intent at all, Maatsen getting the ball out wide and no one looking to get up an support.
Think it’s the robins way if I’m honest.

We only ever attack with wing backs strikers and Ohare. Our midfielders never get involved

Happy_Martian

For what? Sorry, I must have missed it, or can’t remember (few drinks!)

Blocked O'Hare off and as O'H fell, slapped him across the face

Grendel

3 more for me. Another central midfielder and 2 centre backs.

cranie must have one leg hes streets better than Hyam and we’ve had to bung Dabo in

Grendel

It was unlucky, but guarantee Hyam gets slaughtered for that. Also played Johnson onside for the other big chance Forest had.

where was Hyam fir the goal? He was jogging in midfield wasn’t he?

Hobo

How we have rose not playing and a RB at CB

Not fit enough for 90 mins at the minute. Don't panic it is just first 45 mins of a long season.

Happy_Martian

Rose coming on

NorthernWisdom

Yeah I get what you're saying but that was coming back from a fairly long term hip(?) injury though. This is just him being a couple of weeks behind in match fitness because of the Vid/isolation isn't it? If it was a like for like change I'd agree but that one change has meant playing Dabo at CB, the bumbling puppy-clown on the right and Hyam switching back to his proven weak side. Too many knock on consequences for me, especially when Maatsen was always going to take some time to adjust to the level.
I'm just imagining Rose getting hammered, when we need him to have a decent role this season going forward. I do agree mind you with the knock-on comment, never a fan of playing players out of position - would rather we pulled a reserve CB in than that.

kg82

Punch or slap in the face to COH. Deliberate.

Red card if the ref sees it
Ahhh, right at the end? Sorry, ifollow had only audio for me today (fuming!!!), so I’ve got a stream going and couldn’t rewind etc. Didn’t know if it was intentional or accident.

Users who are viewing this thread