Nothing to keep us there anymore (4 Viewers)

The coventrian

Why paint the club and SISU with the same brush though? They seemed to willingly sacrifice the club quite easily without a second thought if it meant getting rid of SISU. Does that not explicitly show that egos in the council's camp got ahead of what's in the best interests of the city?
I cant really answer that can I.

The coventrian

When history of this period is written the sale of the ricoh to a london club will be the defining issue and will ultimately do more damage to the cities own sporting sides than any temporary bad owner
Temporary? Theyve been here 13 years this year! Is there any other club in the country that's been owned by their current owner longer?

The coventrian

It doesn't need answering by you because it's there in stone for all to see. I think it says a lot about your agenda when you're dodging such a question.
Yawn here we go again. What agenda is that then? Because I dont froth at the mouth and join in with the constant wasps/council wankathon then I have an agenda?

SkyBlueCRJ

Yawn here we go again. What agenda is that then? Because I dont froth at the mouth and join in with the constant wasps/council wankathon then I have an agenda?

You've just dodged my question that argues why the council are just as complicit as SISU in this mess by suggesting that you physically can't offer an opinion on a matter that does in fact have a fairly obvious answer to it. So, either you have zero common sense or have an agenda - which is it?

The coventrian

You've just dodged my question that argues why the council are just as complicit as SISU in this mess by suggesting that you physically can't offer an opinion on a matter that does in fact have a fairly obvious answer to it. So, either you have zero common sense or have an agenda - which is it?[/QUO
And what agenda have I got if I don't agree with you?
No i dont think the council are as complicit as sisu. I think the council got fed up with Sisu's stupid fucking games and washed their hands of the whole mess. As for egos on the council? How the fuck would I know? I work in a factory ffs not some wanky office.

The coventrian

I have no idea. What’s your point? You trying to tell me that the council is currently supporting the football team??
Of course they're not. It's not the councils job to support a football club. It's the councils job to look(try) after the 300k plus people of this city.

bradwellskyblues

The Coventrian you miss the point i and almost all ccfc fans cant wait for sisu to leave and know they have made many many mistakes, however the duty of ccc is to do their best for the citizens of coventry in my view selling their prime sporting asset to a London rugby club is not doing that

Jcap

Not going to disagree with that, was merely thinking of how much good could be done for the city as a whole if egos could be put to one side and the parties actually worked together to ensure an integral part of the city’s culture is allowed an opportunity to flourish.

SkyBlueCRJ

What does the fact that you work in a factory have to do with anything? It's not about agreeing with me it's about what you should be seeing with your own eyes. A council has an obligation to act in the best interests of a city and its own citizens. Instead of doing their duty CCC have thrown one of the city's most loved and respected institutions down the river to accommodate a franchise rugby club in a ground that was purposely build for that city's own football club. Instead of effing and blinding at every poster and their dog on here genuinely think to why that might be because surely you must know that nothing SISU did was bad enough for the council to pave the way for making the city's most historic sporting club homeless.

All because a hedge fund from London got under their skin a little bit. Talk about pathetic. Regardless of what SISU did the council have an obligation to help us and instead they've washed their hands with us. Baring in mind SISU don't - so on that note who's more responsible for where we currently find ourselves.

Last edited:

ccfcway

This is the mistake you seem to make. They have washed their hands of the city's football club, not the owners.

If SISU go tomorrow, Wasps still have the lease on the Ricoh.

agreed. But its never been CCFC's. If the owners went tomorrow, who knows if they would work with new owners to find a site.

Grendel

agreed. But its never been CCFC's. If the owners went tomorrow, who knows if they would work with new owners to find a site.

FFS you idiot a new site would take 10 years to build

ccfcway

No but before selling it with a 250 year lease to a London club it made it more possible for a new owner...

Don't agree with the sentiment of this, and certainly not on board with it, but here goes .........

if CCC can sell a city stadium with a 250 year lease to an out of town club, it shows they can work with people they want to surely ?

Nick

Administrator
Don't agree with the sentiment of this, and certainly not on board with it, but here goes .........

if CCC can sell a city stadium with a 250 year lease to an out of town club, it shows they can work with people they want to surely ?
The sentiment that before it was sold there would have been more possibilities for the club and potential new owners and the ground than there is now? It's fact isn't it?

Last edited:

ccfcway

The sentiment that before it was sold there would have been more possibilities for the club and potential new owners and the ground than there is now? It's fact isn't it?

100%. Yet another reason to move on from the Ricoh which now has even less possibilities of us owning it

MalcSB

You've just dodged my question that argues why the council are just as complicit as SISU in this mess by suggesting that you physically can't offer an opinion on a matter that does in fact have a fairly obvious answer to it. So, either you have zero common sense or have an agenda - which is it?
My vote is for zero common sense and an agenda.

covmark

My vote is for zero common sense and an agenda.
The coventrian definitely doesn't have an agenda. He's just an arse. He's of the opinion, hold Sisu to account first, worry about everyone else later, and he's got a colourful way of portraying that opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The coventrian

The coventrian definitely doesn't have an agenda. He's just an arse. He's of the opinion, hold Sisu to account first, worry about everyone else later, and he's got a colourful way of portraying that opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
This agenda talk is just complete bollocks. I have a different opinion. That's it. Fuck em if they dont like it.

The coventrian

What does the fact that you work in a factory have to do with anything? It's not about agreeing with me it's about what you should be seeing with your own eyes. A council has an obligation to act in the best interests of a city and its own citizens. Instead of doing their duty CCC have thrown one of the city's most loved and respected institutions down the river to accommodate a franchise rugby club in a ground that was purposely build for that city's own football club. Instead of effing and blinding at every poster and their dog on here genuinely think to why that might be because surely you must know that nothing SISU did was bad enough for the council to pave the way for making the city's most historic sporting club homeless.

All because a hedge fund from London got under their skin a little bit. Talk about pathetic. Regardless of what SISU did the council have an obligation to help us and instead they've washed their hands with us. Baring in mind SISU don't - so on that note who's more responsible for where we currently find ourselves.
Sisu made us intentionally homeless. Did the council rip up the lease and say fuck off out of the ricoh? Em no that was sisu wasnt it? Stop blaming everyone else for Sisu's fuck ups.

Gynnsthetonic

Just putting a question out there, in 2013 did CCC apply to have CCFC put into administraton, did the club do it voluntarily or were they forced into it from other parties?

usskyblue

Sisu made us intentionally homeless. Did the council rip up the lease and say fuck off out of the ricoh? Em no that was sisu wasnt it? Stop blaming everyone else for Sisu's fuck ups.

No one is coming out of this smelling of roses. But, at this precise time (as you’ve already said yourself) Wasps need to drop the indemnity.

That’s it.

Whether you believe SISU are 100% culpable for getting us here, or whether you apportion blame in multiple areas...it’s all largely irrelevant when we look at our common goal moving forward;

Getting the football club back in Coventry.

Sky Blue Pete

No one is coming out of this smelling of roses. But, at this precise time (as you’ve already said yourself) Wasps need to drop the indemnity.

That’s it.

Whether you believe SISU are 100% culpable for getting us here, or whether you apportion blame in multiple areas...it’s all largely irrelevant when we look at our common goal moving forward;

Getting the football club back in Coventry.
Or publicly state that the indemnity doesn’t preclude conversation about playing at the Ricoh

Users who are viewing this thread