Not One Penny More not working (2 Viewers)

italiahorse

IMHO It was never going to work!
Owners leave when they want to leave not when fans think they should. Ken Bates at Leeds is typical, fans there trying to get him out for almost 10 years and he's only recently departed, WHEN HE DECIDED TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong on so many levels.
It is working only 1000 are going so the campaign is a success.

90% of fans didn't want him to go and he kept them at Elland Road. Leeds were supported to the full both home and away. Irrelevant.

When he left they were better off, not out of the league if SISU and SISU supporters are still here in 5 years.

justvisiting

To be fair there is no president for NOPM AFAIK. Leeds isn't comparable as they kept filling the stadium even in L1 Bates could rake in cash, why would he leave?

Exactly! Ken bates left when there was no more profit to be made for him personally, not because he'd got bored. The amount of money coming in from fans had EVERYTHING to do with the timing of his departure. A campaign like NOPM would have seen him out much earlier in my opinion, don't make the same mistakes we did!

Our support dwindled slowly over time as lack of investment and idiotic leadership took its toll. Yours has plummeted thanks to the move to Northampton. That means hopefully the point at which the owners of CCFC (as distinct from the companies that own CCFC) can't screw anymore cash out of the business should arrive earlier.

SkyblueBazza

Owners leave when they want to leave not when fans think they should. Ken Bates at Leeds is typical, fans there trying to get him out for almost 10 years and he's only recently departed, WHEN HE DECIDED TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

They were still at Elland Rd & not boycotting the games though. If Leeds fans had not gone - he would have shipped out sooner...as any sound thinking businessman would. IMO SISU will do likewise. Give it time.
Stay strong...& JUST STAY AWAY.

jesus-wept

Pubs and restaurants around Sixfields full of Sky Blues. Even the pubs down near the Saints rugby were raking it in. Im very much on your side but this NOPM thing is struggling by the looks of it.
I should worry about your lot exchanging places with Nuneaton Town. How long will that guinee twat Cardoza stick with Boot it long and hard Bothroyd

Colin1883

The thing you have to remember is... Families are coming back from holidays and you will always get people turning to the darkside, no-one knows if nopm will oust sisu from our club. The gate at the next match at sixfields will increase again ( Cwr claimed another 500 city fans at today's game) . Fisher will claim victory if gates rise above the 3000 sisu have budgeted for.

Spionkop

Colin, we've got Colchester at Sixfields next. 300 fans? It'll be below 2,000. Possibly 1500. And that's with hundreds of Tim's freebies.
Oh and I spoke to a friend on phone who lives in Northampton in the week. His 12 year old offered a free ticket. Not interested.

jesus-wept

500 increase from the Bristol game ?. 2224 for Bristol 2068 today about 700 Bristol fans and about 500 PNE fans today which looks to me a similar number of city today to a fortnight ago

Spionkop

Whatever the ifs and buts. Today was the second lowest ever league attendance for a CCFC 'home' game game ever. I say home through gritted teeth.

ricohroar

It's working, give it time. Cold nights, churned up pitch come December, gates will only go down. Yes we will get a bigger hate this season when wolves etc play, but Tuesday wet night in November against a unfashionable side, some people going now won't. Same as when we were at the Ricoh.
Stay away fans, stay away it will work in time.

SkyBlue_Bear83

An attractive side winning at the Ricoh would attract 12-15k (depending on away support) so 3k at sixfields is hardly an achievement even if it has been budgeted for

I know we were playing well at times last season and struggled to get over 10k but our home form was still below average throughout the season and then the shit hit the fan towards the end

simple_simon

not what you said 2 weeks ago, you were going and we're vigorously defending your rights as a fan, why the sudden change of heart?

There were no more than 1500 at today's game, unless the City fans behind one goal (could not see them n) were over over 500

Chinny_Hill

Pubs and restaurants around Sixfields full of Sky Blues. Even the pubs down near the Saints rugby were raking it in. Im very much on your side but this NOPM thing is struggling by the looks of it.

Working it is. Wrong you are. :D

shmmeee

Saw someone on GMK ask about the hill protesters "they paid for petrol, how is that NOPM". I think the OP may be making the same mistake.

James Smith

Finally some sense, you're quite right the move to Sixfields was never going to work financially just like the White Elephant stadium that Tim wants to build.

Where are the plans of you promised us Tim?:facepalm:​

Well there has to be a first time for everything and hopefully Coventry can be the first to achieve this.

:blue:

Last edited:

wince

they paid for petrol, how is that NOPM". I
Do you really not get it ? nopm its been explain lots and lots of times ,are people really not understanding the principle ? this is scary

stupot07

Do you really not get it ? nopm its been explain lots and lots of times ,are people really not understanding the principle ? this is scary

Is this the not one penny more until we return to the Ricoh campaign or the not one penny more until sisu leave or not one pie more anti ACL campaign?

ccfcway

so, to confirm, after all of the NTFC crap about protesting in London, coventry , EVERYWHERE except Northampton, he actually went to the match in Northampton..

Laughable

letsallsingtogether

I was outside the ground at 2.00 and most of the Fans were already there sneaking in early through shame I believe so how were all the pubs full plus most were driving I hope they weren't drinking that would be illegal
After all it took 30 minutes to get a ticket from that table so hope they don't get to many more will never get in on time.

Nick

Administrator
I was outside the ground at 2.00 and most of the Fans were already there sneaking in early through shame I believe so how were all the pubs full plus most were driving I hope they weren't drinking that would be illegal
After all it took 30 minutes to get a ticket from that table so hope they don't get to many more will never get in on time.

You can go in pubs and not drink or even have one...

Why does somebody going in early mean they were ashamed?

The thing you have to remember is... Families are coming back from holidays and you will always get people turning to the darkside, no-one knows if nopm will oust sisu from our club. The gate at the next match at sixfields will increase again ( Cwr claimed another 500 city fans at today's game) . Fisher will claim victory if gates rise above the 3000 sisu have budgeted for.
Their is going to be the biggest support of the season next saturday at shrewsbury, then 2 games at northampton, with low gates. 21st of september at port vale 4500 sky blue fans, the next game at northampton with a low gate. Then october is a good away month,wolves,wallsal,stevenage with good away following, fisher will know his game is finished.

justvisiting

Ken Bates was sacked off wasn't he? Something about private jets.

When he sold the club, one of the provisions was that he be kept on as Club President. On his last week in charge he negotiated a £500,000 contract for private flights from his home in Monaco to Leeds to see matches, at the club's expense of course. When a new Chief Exec came in he told him it wasn't happening and 'sacked' him as President. Not sure if it was within his power to do so but try finding someone in Leeds who gives a damn.

Ashdown1

Selling tickets from a table, oh dear !!

hill83

I never believed it would work to be fair. The only reason I'm not going is because I don't want to go to home games in Northampton. No other reason.

hill83

It's working, give it time. Cold nights, churned up pitch come December, gates will only go down. Yes we will get a bigger hate this season when wolves etc play, but Tuesday wet night in November against a unfashionable side, some people going now won't. Same as when we were at the Ricoh.
Stay away fans, stay away it will work in time.

Gates going down in the event of everything you've mentioned are purely gates going down due to everything you've just mentioned.
"Oh, it's cold, let's do NOPM now" doesn't work.

And just because gates are lower also doesn't mean it's working. Until we see results and the club coming back/sisu leaving, it's not working.

Users who are viewing this thread