Not a Good Start (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

Irrelevant of the reasoning latest star signing Bright Enobakhare, who officially joined the club on Tuesday, is understood not to have travelled to Spain training camp - not a good start to re- kick his sky-blue career ???? The team are two weeks into the preparation programme and the hard work and graft that sets a player up for a season is completed in early pre-season – Bright is going to be miles behind

Is this supposed to be an early dig at Bright without any evidence at all? If so leave the lad alone - he could be a superstar this season so welcome him back to the club.

I seriously never fail to be amazed by the ability of some posters to find something to worry or complain about - we certainly have some glass half full characters.

Let's support the lads this season eh?

no_loyalty

Take that with a pinch of salt. Their assessment of Ostigard will be entirely based upon our experiences and love for him, they won't have a clue.

On the face of it, replacing Matt Clarke or Ben White with a guy who achieved 16th in the Championship isn't great for a club with Premier League survival aspirations. I'm sure they'll look elsewhere especially if they end up with a fat wad from Arsenal, only issue is we'll have to wait for them.

You mean like Jack Stephens, who was on loan to us in league one, then made his premier league bow the following season.

Mr Panda

You mean like Jack Stephens, who was on loan to us in league one, then made his premier league bow the following season.

I'm sure there's a few exceptions like that but with owners breathing down the necks of managers and your job on a knife edge you're going to do all you can to survive in that league.

He could yet start for Brighton, I just think Brighton will be more inclined to go with signing someone else.

usskyblue

Irrelevant of the reasoning latest star signing Bright Enobakhare, who officially joined the club on Tuesday, is understood not to have travelled to Spain training camp - not a good start to re- kick his sky-blue career ???? The team are two weeks into the preparation programme and the hard work and graft that sets a player up for a season is completed in early pre-season – Bright is going to be miles behind

5JXI.gif

Flying Fokker

He had his paper round to complete. Not a major issue really is it? No doubt there will be others who come into the club soon. We have no idea what personal things he has to do before linking up with the team. Cut him some slack..Pl ease.

Frostie

I'm sure there's a few exceptions like that but with owners breathing down the necks of managers and your job on a knife edge you're going to do all you can to survive in that league.

He could yet start for Brighton, I just think Brighton will be more inclined to go with signing someone else.

100%.
As much as we all love him, he's miles off PL level at this stage if we're honest.
His use of the ball for example is poor even at our level & won't be a good fit in a side like Brighton that utilise the strong passing ability of Dunk & White as a platform to build from.

The problem from our POV is, whilst he's only a decent Championship level CB at this stage, he is only 21 & clearly has significant potential to progress more & probably become a PL player. As such he's not just going to be allowed to walk away for nothing.

CDK

He's not PL standard no way he's a good championship CH if not very raw at times,think he would better in a centre of a 3cbs.

Legia Sky Blue

Brighton will know that he has such potential though that after a year in Germany and a year in the Championship that the next logical progression is for him to play in the PL, and the only way to test him is to provide him with that experience themselves. He might not be a regular of course, but I would be surprised if they don't keep him until Christmas at least, and if he hasn't made an impression on the team by then, look to loan him out again or sell him at that point.

slowpoke

Leo Ostigard probably a first choice of Mark Robins but I’m certain he will have alternatives in mind not overly concerned still three weeks until the big kick-off.

Users who are viewing this thread