Not a Good Start (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Irrelevant of the reasoning latest star signing Bright Enobakhare, who officially joined the club on Tuesday, is understood not to have travelled to Spain training camp - not a good start to re- kick his sky-blue career ???? The team are two weeks into the preparation programme and the hard work and graft that sets a player up for a season is completed in early pre-season – Bright is going to be miles behind

kg82

Irrelevant of the reasoning latest star signing Bright Enobakhare, who officially joined the club on Tuesday, is understood not to have travelled to Spain training camp - not a good start to re- kick his sky-blue career ???? The team are two weeks into the preparation programme and the hard work and graft that sets a player up for a season is completed in early pre-season – Bright is going to be miles behind
So he can’t train at all?!

Reactions: CDK

SBchimp

he's been training with the 23s this week. You'd hope as a pro he'd be doing things off his on back regardless.

nelliej

Do you not think that a training program will be in place and it might be a simple case of Bright not having both his vaccination jabs or some other Covid protocols stopping him flying over to Spain.

fatso

tenor (55).gif

slowpoke

All this will have been known and sorted before him being signed. Let’s see what happens when the pre-season games happen.

chiefdave

This is very much dependent on why he isn't in Spain. Not being there because of some covid related reason is very different from he didn't turn up and couldn't be bothered.

And looking at the players social media of them lounging around by the pool at a very nice resort why would you refuse to go?

PVA

giphy.gif

rob9872

Tbf to the op it's not only Bright. If we sign Osti next week then he won't have been to Spain either and therefore will not be the same player he was last season. In fact on that basis I wonder if it's worth signing him at all?

I guess this means Folarin Balogun and Jesse Lingard won't be signing. I also didnt see Julian Gray in any of the photos so guess he might be off too.

robbiethemole

Don’t think Osti’s coming, looking on the Brighton board they think he will break through this year especially with Matt Clarke being loaned to Baggies

donald_trumps

Oh god, how will he ever play this season if he hasn’t been to Spain! In this day and age players are given training plans to follow and if you follow Bright on Instagram then you will see a lot of the training work he does off his own back!

Samo

Just like anyone else who joins the club after the tour begins. And any player who ever joined any club after their tour begins. 🤔

steve cooper

Hasn't he just come back from India? I would think this week would be much better spent getting settled back here.
He is probably pissed about missing out on a free holiday.

RegiswasGod

He's obviously signed before the tour, unless Robins flew back just for a photo op (which of course he didn't). But there could have been a number of reasons why he didn't travel to Spain. Most likely it'll be because of his recent time in India...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715_101023.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715_101023.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 35

covboy1987

Tbf to the op it's not only Bright. If we sign Osti next week then he won't have been to Spain either and therefore will not be the same player he was last season. In fact on that basis I wonder if it's worth signing him at all?

I guess this means Folarin Balogun and Jesse Lingard won't be signing. I also didnt see Julian Gray in any of the photos so guess he might be off too.
Your taking it to the extreme - I would have thought no doubts there is a genuine reason why Bright is not in spain - The thread is saying he is going to be miles behind the rest of the group -no blame attached to anyone - If Osti signs next week diffrent situation i would have thought that he would have been joining in his current teams tough training - namely brighton

Samo

Your taking it to the extreme - I would have thought no doubts there is a genuine reason why Bright is not in spain - The thread is saying he is going to be miles behind the rest of the group -no blame attached to anyone - If Osti signs next week diffrent situation i would have thought that he would have been joining in his current teams tough training - namely brighton

Please, put down the spade now.

Jamesimus

Imagine if there was an actual reason he didn't go to Spain. Instead he's sleeping rough at the Ricoh with only his contract to use as a pillow.

rob9872

I don't think I am. you have me genuinely concerned about Osti now. Really not sure I want him at all.

Mr Panda

Don’t think Osti’s coming, looking on the Brighton board they think he will break through this year especially with Matt Clarke being loaned to Baggies

Take that with a pinch of salt. Their assessment of Ostigard will be entirely based upon our experiences and love for him, they won't have a clue.

On the face of it, replacing Matt Clarke or Ben White with a guy who achieved 16th in the Championship isn't great for a club with Premier League survival aspirations. I'm sure they'll look elsewhere especially if they end up with a fat wad from Arsenal, only issue is we'll have to wait for them.

slowpoke

How much of staying or leaving is it down to Ostigard he has made it clear he wants first team football, not even sure if he would be happy being on the bench regularly. As said above I can’t see even if Brighton sell Ben White he will get first team there’s a doubt he will even get into their 25 man squad.

junglej13

Ben White being sold could favour us I think. If he goes for the £50m being talked about Brighton would likely be able to go out and get two, three or even four players for this budget.

Users who are viewing this thread