Norwich Ratings (3 Viewers)

Essexrobbie

I thought we played very well.

Imagine Vik instead of Simms... We'd have won that. If Wright scores by placing the ball into the corner when clean through it could have been very different.

If I were Robins I think I'd be planning to get two new strikers in summer and try to sell Wright and Simms. They may both go on to do very well but it's not working here. Their only merit is being better than a 31 year old Godden.
Completely agree. Wrights miss turned the game from us cruising 2.0 to giving them the kick up the back side. How we have only taken 1 point from this Norwich side just baffles me. There isnt one Norwich player id swap for any of ours, we are technically superior in every department. We just need two scorers up front.

stupot07

Collins 6
MVE 6
Thomas 6
Kitching 5
Bidwell 6
Allen 6
Torp 7
O'Hare 7
Sakamoto 6
Wright 6
Simms 5

Subs
Palmer 6
Eccles 6
Binks 5
Dasilva 4
Godden n/a

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Boicey

Wright is just back from injury, first start I believe. Once he gets back into the rhythm he'll be awesome for us again. Will hold down the left-sided forward player spot.
Wright has never been ‘awesome for us’.
He has been very poor, then improving, then promising, then bang average.
This was his 3rd game back after injury.
We have to persist with him and hope something clicks. We have no option really.
Get a Godden replacement in the summer. A solid, proven, agressive striker please.

stupot07

I thought Wright was OK. Always involved. Simms wasn’t great but he was starved of service for the most part.
Thomas was all over the place 1st half and Kitching wasn’t great either.
They also completed nullified Sakamoto, just starved him of service, and he and Milan rarely managed to link up, not to the extent they have been recently.

Hobo

As for Simms, if the ref had actually played the advantage correctly he’d have been in first half.

He was in first half for 45 minutes wink 😉
But I appreciate what you are saying

lacesoutdom

wasnt there, couldnt listen, but Torp seemed to get the praises, was he that good? who does he play like?

Offhegoes

Yep. Given no protection but also stopped us getting the ball to him.

They did, but that should have given more space to O’Hare, Wright, Simms and Torp.
The 4 performances since Leicester have been pretty crappy, albeit only one defeat.

Essexrobbie

I thought Kitching played well. As for the incident, he had to make a tackle and he got suckered by the striker moving too fast. Wasn't a deliberate foul.
I thought he got something of the ball first, but the striker was playing for it. I don't know what depresses me more, the thought of being without him for the next three games or what we would be like when O'Hare goes. Everything good in our play started from him with his interaction and movement. Simms just doesn't suit our style of play, and even gets in the way sometimes when we're playing one touch around their box. There's probably a good player in there somewhere but not at this level. Their winner was a wonder strike and the only highlight of the game for them as everything else yellow is just flat. Ive honestly never heard or not heard such a quiet stadium. I was unfortunately in block H with the home supporters who spent most of the time moaning about our singing when the only time they perked up was when they scored against the run of play. I had this absolute little tosser sitting next to me who spent the whole first half giving the anker sign across to our lot, saying to his mate how he was going to give it to us afterwards. i had to move seats when I could for fear of giving myself away, not that there was anyone there with one ball big enough to actually do anything.... my God im mad.

Hobo

wasnt there, couldnt listen, but Torp seemed to get the praises, was he that good? who does he play like?

Just let him play how he plays. Why do you need comparisons to judge him?

Hobo

To get an idea what he plays like presumably. If they haven’t seen him play I don’t think that’s unreasonable.
Nobody knows yet what he plays like. But some of our fans are still looking for a clone of Gyokeres and Hamer.
Also you only have to read this forum to realize how one person views a player to another is chalk and cheese.

So far seems hardworking and workmanlike to me. Has some nice attributes attack and defence without looking classy :
Lee Carsley or John Eustace type player (and neither of those are insulting).

But it it is still early days.

Cally Fedora

Have to agree about Simms. I keep reading that there’s a player in there - I wish he would step out. For me he’s an odd Robins signing in that he just isn’t a natural footballer. He’ll never get lots of goals as he’s just an awkward presence. Also don’t know how O’Hare gets plaudits. Live he looked like one of the worst players on the pitch.

Essexrobbie

Just seen Robins interview>clearly very p8ssed off about Wrights miss and watching the highlights he just has to score from there. An easer chance than O'Hare's goal. Def red though didn't get anything of the ball.

fatso

Simms 2

Fucking dreadful, the ball never ever sticks. Like a game of fucking pinball when it’s in to his feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but apparently some on here think ge should start ahead of Godden.

I know, funking insane

skyblue_55

Everyone is pissed off , but we are close to having a great team …… with a few quality additions ….& a few departures !
Today at one point , we were 5th in the league & the Hadji save , came when we were buzzing .Yes things didn’t go our way , but these Canary , big time Charlie’s , aren’t going to make the playoffs & I’m sure 11 v 11 we would have another 3 points .
Yes there were question marks again against Simms & this isn’t a good fit for him or us .
Jamie Allen fills a hole , but today wasn’t his best ….. to put it mildly & the summer will ultimately bring to an end to his Skyblue career, along with Godden etc .
We are close , even if this isn’t the golden season , but now onto the FA cup , so let’s try & back them & get to Wembley again
CTID

fatso

Wright is fine, Simms has obviously got some way to go. It is still too early to write either off.

Tbf, Wright has looked decent since being moved out to the left wing, but he's not good enough for a CF.
Godden is well past his prime, and is struggling to impact games in the formation that MR wants to play. And Simms looks way out of his depth.

shmmeee

I just want a forward who looks like he’s in control of the ball and can compete physically with centre backs. It’s not that much to ask.

TomRad85

I just want a forward who looks like he’s in control of the ball and can compete physically with centre backs. It’s not that much to ask.
Think we'll have an exciting summer again. Less players but I suspect high quality ones.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's becoming that bad that the poster who said Palmer might be worth a go up front is looking less crazy with every passing game.

olderskyblue

It was a much better performance than Tuesday, but still lots of simple mistakes

SkyblueTexan

Should have brought Lati and Eccles at 1-0 up to shore up the midfield and slow the game down. Might have won us the game had we managed it better. Was very naive of us to let them back in it.

Bin off Simms, Allen, Godden, Kelly, Moore, JDS this summer and get reinforcements instead. Heard Luton want to sign Sheaf for 8M who’s missed a fair chunk of games through injury. If we can get 8-10M for Sheaf it might be worth exploring. It might allow us to offer a max deal for COH if he’s willing to re-sign. Otherwise that’s another hole to fill.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Completely agree. Wrights miss turned the game from us cruising 2.0 to giving them the kick up the back side. How we have only taken 1 point from this Norwich side just baffles me. There isnt one Norwich player id swap for any of ours, we are technically superior in every department. We just need two scorers up front.

You wouldn’t swap Sargent for Simms? 🤔

shmmeee

Should have brought Lati and Eccles at 1-0 up to shore up the midfield and slow the game down. Might have won us the game had we managed it better. Was very naive of us to let them back in it.

Bin off Simms, Allen, Godden, Kelly, Moore, JDS this summer and get reinforcements instead. Heard Luton want to sign Sheaf for 8M who’s missed a fair chunk of games through injury. If we can get 8-10M for Sheaf it might be worth exploring. It might allow us to offer a max deal for COH if he’s willing to re-sign. Otherwise that’s another hole to fill.

One loss in 13 and we need to rip out half the squad 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread