Match Thread Norwich Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Wouldn't things like letting Martin go be his choice?

Yes it would, but I expect he anticipated getting people in by now? Perhaps our budget isn't robust enough? Perhaps he still has all his aces up his sleeve?

It still doesn't sound like we are signing anybody soon despite Maddison securing the club's future and Vincelote giving us bartering power.

I am not moaning Nick...none of this is a surprise to me, it is just where we are.

stupot07

Yeah, kieran Crowley said martin was mowbrays call and his reason was hr didn't think hes strong enough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

idm1975

There was nothing wrong with what from what i saw, we obviously need more, but everyone gave a good account of themselves especially ghadzhev and spence. The murphys turned the game for norwich but that also coincided with the last of our wave of substitutions.

SBT

He said "Yes, I suppose we could get a tanking”, sounds like the answer to a leading question which then becomes the headline.

REPORTER: Could we be in for a tanking tomorrow?
FOOTBALL MANAGER: Yes
REPORTER: OK thanks I'll be sure to completely ignore that answer when I write this up
EDITOR: You're fired

chiefdave's journalism school, everybody!

Nick

Administrator
REPORTER: Could we be in for a tanking tomorrow?
FOOTBALL MANAGER: Yes
REPORTER: OK thanks I'll be sure to completely ignore that answer when I write this up
EDITOR: You're fired

chiefdave's journalism school, everybody!

You don't read the Telegraph much then?

The Great Eastern

Can't say I drew too many conclusions from the game tonight. Despite the negativity towards Haynes on here, the Norwich fans all round me said he had a good game ! Sordell was isolated for much of the game so it was difficult to judge what he can and cant do in the near future. Best player for me was RCC who gave a good account of himself (i.e. will probably get sold now) Nice touch from Jacob Murphy at the end to come to the Cov fans and applaud.

SBT

You don't read the Telegraph much then?

I read it plenty. But doesn't matter if you work for the Coventry Telegraph, Daily Telegraph or Earlsdon Primary School Telegraph, if you ask someone a question and they give you an answer, you report it, right?

Nick

Administrator
I read it plenty. But doesn't matter if you work for the Coventry Telegraph, Daily Telegraph or Earlsdon Primary School Telegraph, if you ask someone a question and they give you an answer, you report it, right?

Report it or blow a line out of proportion?

SBT

Report it or blow a line out of proportion?

Well I can't remember the article offhand, but I'm willing to bet that the team's manager openly admitting we could get a tanking was the most unusual and noteworthy line from whatever interview he did. Maybe he admitted to murdering Lord Lucan as well later in the interview, but you'll have to ask the reporter.

Perryccfc

Made the short journey from Lowestoft tonight, though we played ok. Ghazdev was good on the ball but looks lazy when we don't have the ball. Spence looks good, as did George Thomas imo. Sordell had a few nice touches also. First half we held our own and was undone by a very classy goal. Second half we were second best all over the pitch, but to be expected against a pretty strong side.

Took my lad to get autographs after the game, asked Robert if he had signed, and he said not yet.
I asked Stevenson where Ivor Lawton was and he said he didn't know which I thought was odd, unless he's injured of course.

Then Mowbray came out and asked if my son enjoyed it, I said he was a bit disappointed we lost as he's only 6, and he said he shouldn't be disappointed as he thought we played well.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just home Bleedin' diversions everywhere!

Quick review of the game as I'm knackered :)

Once again this was another friendly that proves we must invest at the back, but also up top! Anytime we had the ball in their half, they had twice as many back defending than we had attacking.

Sordell looked strong. Looked interested tonight. Not saying he hasn't looked interested before now but tonight he looked a better player. Maybe he was lacking in fitness. Definately needs someone alongside him though rather than just behind.

Thought Ghadzev had a good game. Controlled midfield and almost grabbed the goal from the free kick.

Rose was disappointing. As I posted in the thread, I forgot he came out in the second half he was that non existent!

Although he had our only other real attempt at goal, I'm not sure our Robert will have done enough to earn a contract based on tonight's performance. Seemed to struggle to get in to the game. Unless he's looked like a world beater in training, I think we'll be waving goodbye. Although if we signed him I think he could be a useful squad player (and isn't a kid so would be handy to have).

Harries looked better tonight. Still far from the finished article but he looked better.

Haynes got forward well, but again no end product.

Roll on Friday.

Good night all

Shakeitup

I asked Stevenson where Ivor Lawton was and he said he didn't know which I thought was odd, unless he's injured of course.

Then Mowbray came out and asked if my son enjoyed it, I said he was a bit disappointed we lost as he's only 6, and he said he shouldn't be disappointed as he thought we played well.

I think I read Lawton is out until September. He has been at some of the other games but he's also been doing double training, gym and other cardio session. I'm hoping he comes back stronger. He could have that "bite" we're now missing in midfield. He could hopefully be challenging Rose!

brez

Once again this was another friendly that proves we must invest at the back, but also up top! Anytime we had the ball in their half, they had twice as many back defending than we had attacking.

Sordell looked strong. Looked interested tonight. Not saying he hasn't looked interested before now but tonight he looked a better player. Maybe he was lacking in fitness. Definately needs someone alongside him though rather than just behind.

Thought Ghadzev had a good game. Controlled midfield and almost grabbed the goal from the free kick.

Rose was disappointing. As I posted in the thread, I forgot he came out in the second half he was that non existent!

Although he had our only other real attempt at goal, I'm not sure our Robert will have done enough to earn a contract based on tonight's performance. Seemed to struggle to get in to the game. Unless he's looked like a world beater in training, I think we'll be waving goodbye. Although if we signed him I think he could be a useful squad player (and isn't a kid so would be handy to have).

Harries looked better tonight. Still far from the finished article but he looked better.

Roll on Friday.

Good night all
Totally agree with your post even down to the bloody traffic. Definitely feel we need a bit more bite in midfield and support and creativity for whoever's up front. Sordell worked hard but looks frustrated around the box without service.

Otis

Yeah, kieran Crowley said martin was mowbrays call and his reason was hr didn't think hes strong enough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't things like letting Martin go be his choice?
Of course we are only privvy to certain bits of info, but it is quite feasible that TM let Martin go and had someone lined up, but the deal fell through.

More than possible. Alternatively, could be he is waiting on the loan situation and been promised a player when the squads of Premier clubs have all been finalised.

Hobo

Can't say I drew too many conclusions from the game tonight. Despite the negativity towards Haynes on here, the Norwich fans all round me said he had a good game ! Sordell was isolated for much of the game so it was difficult to judge what he can and cant do in the near future. Best player for me was RCC who gave a good account of himself (i.e. will probably get sold now) Nice touch from Jacob Murphy at the end to come to the Cov fans and applaud.

Some players aren't allowed to have a good game. They have to stick with the reputation given to them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Because we know as fans having watched him for a season, that he is easy to nullify if you know how. We failed to do that, which shows extremely poor planning and organisation.

I did want to answer 'because he's shit', but I'm exhausted from that argument... :D

stevefloyd

We know he is frustrating but a better captain on the pitch would hopefully gee him up and understand his game more...imagine if we had Wise geeing him up ahh dreams

skybluedan

Roll on Friday.

Good night all

Great commentary and summary once again mate,

Users who are viewing this thread