Match Thread Norwich FA cup (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

12pm KO?

A few games on at that time-any ideas why?

Is it televised? If so where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fergusons_Beard

Ah found the answer to my own question!

Norwich City v Coventry City (12:00 GMT) – Live on BT Sport Extra 5

Game broadcast on BT Sport App and channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

no_loyalty

I believe we are live on BT Sports via the red button.

Paxman II

Hope we go out. Our priority is the league, nothing else. From it's heyday the FA Cup has become just another competition. Play the reserves.

steve101

Financially, at least short-term, there may be pressure to play a strong team to hopefully progress through to the next round, though a good opportunity to give some minutes out to peripheral players.

Reactions: AOM

Paxman II

Prize fund is not worth a spit in the ocean. The money is in crowds, and qualifying for europe.
Around 60k if we win at Norwich. 20k if we don't. That will pay for the hotel, bus ride and bacon sarnies. Even a losing semi-finalist gets just 450k which would not by Godden's boot straps. Perspective. We need to throw everything at the league and ensure we stay up and progress.

Terry Gibson's perm

Prize fund is not worth a spit in the ocean. The money is in crowds, and qualifying for europe.
Around 60k if we win at Norwich. 20k if we don't. That will pay for the hotel, bus ride and bacon sarnies. Even a losing semi-finalist gets just 450k which would not by Godden's boot straps. Perspective. We need to throw everything at the league and ensure we stay up and progress.

What about the tv revenue?

edgy

Agree with the sentiment but the reasoning is a bit out. 450k would easily buy you Godden in full.

Hobo

Billson

Pask
Thompson
Hyam

Da Costa
Allen
Bartlett
Giles

Hilssner
Bapaga

Bakayoko

Wilson
Rowe
Burroughs
Newton
Young
Lafferty
Shipley
Kastaneer
Biamou

Why Billson and not Camp?

D

Deleted member 11652

Why Billson and not Camp?

Guessing Camp will have a hefty appearance fee. Plus, what do we gain from playing Camp? May as well give Billson the experience. If he’s not ready just play Wilson

Colin Steins Smile

I’m not sure focussing on the financial gain for a cup run, if it compromises us staying in the Championship.
£60k for a win in round 3 .... even if we make the semi final and lose but get £450k , we might make £750k on the cup run without crowds v £7m for staying up.

If MR thinks we can play a full strength team through the cup games and it not risk our Championship status, then I back him.

Support the decision.... whatever it is. PUSB

Somerset Sky Blue

Think we should play a reasonably strong side.
In terms of rests - Millwall had a couple of weeks off and looked off the pace. Our fixtures seem a lot lighter (in terms of few midweek games), so only rest of required or limited cover (attack) - depending on transfers in and out!
Keep playing,fitness up and confidence.

NorthernWisdom

Go for it. Do not play a weakened team. You can hardly call out big sides for devaluing an esteemed competition and then do it yourself.
We saw with Millwall that a break didn't necessarily help either.

More cash, more confidence, more profile for people to join us / our players' value to go up... and if we can't cope with an extra 90 minutes in a season, what's the point.

edgy

I dont think we'll see vast changes. It's a week after Millwall and then we have a week until next game. No need to rest purely down to fixtures. Keep the core and maybe give minutes to some fringe players, without the fear of points being lost.

fernandopartridge

£450k is about a month's turnover in a L1 year with gates.

You've got off to a flyer this year!

Sbarcher

Are there any financial penalties in the Cup for playing a weaker team?

fernandopartridge

Incidentally, fitness wise we looked far more energetic than Millwall on Saturday, maybe our long break vs Championship sides not really having one will start to tell now, especially now we've got Dabo the machine at full fitness.

Home and Away!

The good old FA have said [in a panic?]that ties will be played,worrying about the increasing cancellations and new mutant virus.
All you need ,they have said,is 14 fit players to play,no mention of the usual bollox.....!!!!!
So,MR could give players plenty of rest,a free hit,he didn't enjoy the journey across to Norwich for the league clash,so won't be taking this too seriously i think???

Users who are viewing this thread