Match Thread Norwich FA cup (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

We will struggle to progress without a better set of options up front. Matty james looks good. Da Costa second half excellent and bapaga needs a number of 15 min cameos
Biamou will keep us up imo

Get a new striker only if they will be better than godden and walker.

Nick

Administrator
We are playing a team that was Premier League last year and will be PL next season with a squad wage bill 8 times of ours.
We are a newly promoted team from League 1 with a squad that is in transition over the next three years.
Give them and MR an f'ing break.

As I said, 2 defensive midfielders and one up front at 2-0 down.

Even when 2-0 up we never try and get other players match fit.

We never looked like we wanted to go for it, only dacosta really got a run out other than usual apart from ten minutes at the end.

shmmeee

Liked the look of Dacosta once he settled. I believe Robins said he could play LWB as well when he signed. Would like to see him given some minutes there to see if he can do a job next season.

LilleSkyBlue

Bapaga looked more dangerous there than Shipley Allen Baka and Biamou put together have all season.

I'd agree about the first three of those - thought Biamou has had some good games and fashioned some decent chances today. Baka is always abysmal.

Grendel

We will struggle to progress without a better set of options up front. Matty james looks good. Da Costa second half excellent and bapaga needs a number of 15 min cameos

in all seriousness Norwich were pretty sloppy and if we had a number 9 with real quality than a trier we may have had something out the game

Brighton Sky Blue

Might be an unpopular opinion but thought that was a decent exercise.

Played much better than the score suggests and got a look at Dacosta, James and Bapaga who all impressed.

Let's be honest we should have scored 2 or 3.

Bapaga looks a real talent and will hopefully get some more minutes now.

Yeah agree with those points but also fair to say Norwich took this for a breather after two early gifts.

Danceswithhorses

Disappointing, but no shame in losing to league leaders, with a massive budget compared to ours
Derby are losing 2-0 to Chorley...now that's deserves a massive meltdown

Ccfcisparks

People going on about it being Norwich’s second string. With the exception of Mumba and the keeper, every player in their line up today would get in our best starting 11. Have a bit of perspective

AFCCOVENTRY

Max was very good for us today and unlucky not to get a goal. Their keeper played a blinder.

Bapaga is the only player bar Giles I’ve actually seen drive towards goal and what a nice thing to see on a football pitch. Robins needs to use him much more effectively in games.

Hamer must think he’s playing with unintelligent footballers half the time.

James you can see his quality and also Eccles looked like he can do a job as part of the squad in the second half.

Shipley I don’t know if he was on the pitch today. O’Hare ineffective and his decision making in the box area is shocking.

Dacosta seems quite powerful going forward but his positioning seemed all over the place at times. But this was his first game this season with the team. If he played regularly he would be sharper and understand the system. I remember Dabo looked well off it when he was coming back from injury this season and is now back at tank engine power.

The rest very average and defence was shocking for marking for their 2 quick fire goals. Switched off.

Robins needs to urgently address our attacking department in this window. One won’t be enough I’m afraid with the injuries we have. Needs at least 2.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Bapaga isn't a striker.

Crucial game time, ten minutes at the end?

Bapaga would be for us. We don’t have much goal threat up front.

O’Hare go’s into a coma when he’s in sight of goal.

There was one shot by O’Hare it actually went backwards towards our goal.It’s getting to the sad point now when O’Hare gets a chance to score we expect the worse.

D

Deleted member 11652

Might be an unpopular opinion but thought that was a decent exercise.

Played much better than the score suggests and got a look at Dacosta, James and Bapaga who all impressed.

Let's be honest we should have scored 2 or 3.

Bapaga looks a real talent and will hopefully get some more minutes now.

Agreed, played well aside from that mad 5 mins

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It's how it is. Not much to be positive about with this game is there?
It's difficult to assess a match against better opposition when you're two down after 7 mins, but...

Da Costa improved as game went on and he got used to the system
Couple of Sheaf's passes were superb
James fitted in to the system well and looks a class act
Bapaga's energy and pace
Eccles didn't look out of place
Biamou did ok and we're going to be relying on him over the next few weeks, but upfront is still our weakness and if we'd have had Hugill we'd have been at least level after 90 mins.

I was most disappointed by Hamer tbh.

shmmeee

Raw talent? Just goes for it I'm guessing

Very direct which I like and bags of confidence. Just gives us something our other forwards lack I think. Still need a bug fucker with some talent. A young Dublin or Hartson would be ideal right now.

TBH considering Max and Baka are off in the summer, I’d like to see Bapaga given minutes where possible.

PVA

As I said, 2 defensive midfielders and one up front at 2-0 down.

Even when 2-0 up we never try and get other players match fit.

We gave minutes to James, Eccles, Baka and Bapaga.

Dabo doesn't need any.

That leaves Thompson, Kasta and Allen.

Not sure any of those warrant any minutes, maybe Allen.

Nick

Administrator
It's difficult to assess a match against better opposition when you're two down after 7 mins, but...

Da Costa improved as game went on and he got used to the system
Couple of Sheaf's passes were superb
James fitted in to the system well and looks a class act
Bapaga's energy and pace
Eccles didn't look out of place
Biamou did ok and we're going to be relying on him over the next few weeks, but upfront is still our weakness and if we'd have had Hugill we'd have been at least level after 90 mins.

I was most disappointed by Hamer tbh.
James, Eccles and bapaga got a few minutes at the end though?

jordan210

The worry is goals. We got lucky at Millwall with a OG and a deflection. Other than that. We have not scored for what 5 games

Sky Blue Harry H

Max was very good for us today and unlikely not to get a goal. Their keeper played a blinder.

Bapaga is the only player bar Giles I’ve actually seen drive towards goal and what a nice thing to see on a football pitch. Robins needs to use him much more effectively in games.

James you can see his quality and also Eccles looked like he can do a job as part of the squad in the second half.

Shipley I don’t know if he was on the pitch today. O’Hare ineffective and his decision making in the box area is shocking.

Dacosta seems quite powerful going forward but his positioning seemed all over the place at times. But this was his first game this season with the team. If he played regularly he would be sharper and understand the system. I remember Dabo looked well off it when he was coming back from injury this season and is now back at tank engine power.

The rest very average and defence was shocking for marking for their 2 quick fire goals. Switched off.

Robins needs to urgently address out attacking department in this window. One won’t be enough I’m afraid with the injuries we have. Needs at least 2.
Agree - although one attacker should be enough. Walker back in a month, so that should be enough (and we can't afford more)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can we sell Baka in the pound shop

Doesn't class as an essential purchase unfortunately. We could always throw in some toilet rolls to force it through, but would we be willing to part with something that valuable?

Grendel

Liquid Gold

I'd have liked to have seen us score but a loss probably better than a draw, we've still got a lot of games to play ad a lot of injuries in the squad.

Sky Blue Pete

Max was very good for us today and unlikely not to get a goal. Their keeper played a blinder.

Robins needs to urgently address out attacking department in this window. One won’t be enough I’m afraid with the injuries we have. Needs at least 2.
Nice play for the first not sure you can blame any one player. Second goal osti needs to do better and mcfadzean needs to cut it out at the near post.
Just my opinion

LilleSkyBlue

Very direct which I like and bags of confidence. Just gives us something our other forwards lack I think. Still need a bug fucker with some talent. A young Dublin or Hartson would be ideal right now.

TBH considering Max and Baka are off in the summer, I’d like to see Bapaga given minutes where possible.

Definitely need a bug fucker, I've been saying that for weeks

Johnnythespider

I thought Bapaga did well with his time, like to see him get a bit more game time, possibly in the O'Hare position

Users who are viewing this thread