Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Two really poor finishes from great positions, both far too close to the keeper. I'd put money on O'Hare and Sakamoto scoring the there.

3527f4d4eb230f2bcb526fdab4dbd320.jpg
614bd1a8a2f2a571ef3a4cf2f9251b5b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Frostie

Simms I just don’t know if he’s got it, starting to doubt it. Interestingly Everton, a lower end Premier League club were convinced enough that there wasn’t much potential. Didn’t loan him to watch his development, flogged him outright at age 22 for a pittance in todays terms
They didn't really want to. They had to sell Simms & Cannon to help with FFP. He's scored goals everywhere else he's been & there was a queue of Championship clubs trying to sign him.

Hertsccfc

I don't think they necessarily need to be good in the air, but we need a centre forward who can play with his back to goal, take the ball into feet, and lay it off.

Simms is best when the ball is played ahead of him, Godden is best inside 12 yards, so neither of them can play that role.

Might be time to try Wright there, although I do think he's suited to playing off the left.
I don't think Simms is best with the ball played ahead of him. He isn't fast enough to play like that. He needs it to feet as occasionally he can control it and run with it.

Perryccfc

Yea agree with above that we’re not seeing the best of Simms yet, but there is a player who will score goals there. He does need to buck his ideas up though as it is becoming a worry. Haji for me yesterday was ok without setting the world alight. He absolutely has to finish his chance (that he created himself, felt important to add as it was a big plus of Gyok) if he scores that it’s 0-2 and game over for me. Kitching was rash. Allen was poor all game. Thought we deserved a point at the very least, but the game was there for the taking and we blew it.

stupot07

He hasn't actually scored that many goals elsewhere.
2022/23 - He scored 7 in 17 for Sunderland in the Championship at a rate of a goal every 160 minutes, plus 2 assists

2021/22 Scored 5 in 17 at Hearts in the SPL at a rate of a goal every 223 minutes, plus 1 assist

2020/21 scored 10 in 23 at Blackpool in league one at a rate of a goal every 151 minutes, plus 1 assist.

There's enough there to suggest he can score goals if given service.

MAFF

Tbf to Wright, while people are busy picking him apart for this miss (not you just in general) how many of our players make a run like that to get into that position in the first place?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Gyokeres-esque

pusbccfc

Robins asking if Wagners tactic was to kick the shit out of Tats, of course it was. Wagner wanted them to keep Tats and Cal calmed down, the dirty fuckers should have been down to 10 before we were.
I hate these cunts.

It's good to see Robins actually making a deal out of it. It's going to happen every week now.

SIR ERNIE

2022/23 - He scored 7 in 17 for Sunderland in the Championship at a rate of a goal every 160 minutes, plus 2 assists

2021/22 Scored 5 in 17 at Hearts in the SPL at a rate of a goal every 223 minutes, plus 1 assist

2020/21 scored 10 in 23 at Blackpool in league one at a rate of a goal every 151 minutes, plus 1 assist.

There's enough there to suggest he can score goals if given service.

He needs to get angry.
Angry with the opposition
Angry with his team mates
Angry with the ref
Angry with himself

Show you care, show the level of frustration and aggression Vic showed.

alexccfc99

Wagner schooled Robins in the department of mind games and dark arts this week - The 'sexy' comments clearly rattled MR and they did a number on Sakamoto

Sometimes I think we're too nice of a side to play against

Frostie

Wagner schooled Robins in the department of mind games and dark arts this week - The 'sexy' comments clearly rattled MR and they did a number on Sakamoto

Sometimes I think we're too nice of a side to play against
Do you not think we did similar to Summerville & Leeds?

alexccfc99

Huckerby is absolutely berating Simms on social media

Appreciate what he did as a player for us but the ensuing pile on he has encouraged has helped nobody and is ever so slightly classless in my opinion - you made your point mate leave it be now

Jamesimus

I have yet to see any of our lads get angry. Can we get Doyle in for a week as a lifestyle coach ?

Palmer and Thomas?

Kitching?

As much as I want our players to stick up for themselves, it’s about doing it in the right way and making decisions that don’t lead to an unnecessary sending off. Bobby Thomas did it yesterday after the second foul on Sakamoto, went and had a word without raising his hands etc.

Nuskyblue

Could call us unlucky y'day. First half pretty even, second half we bossed until their goal against the run of play (we should have been 2 up at this point). Their changes had a real impact (Ashley fucking Barnes), then after going down to 10 I thought we offered real threat. Palmer looked a real handful, he just needs to take that extra bit of care with his final ball, if he does we could have been in more than once.

We were ultimately killed off by a world class strike.

Old Warwickshire lad

Torp played well but keeping him on would have risked injury, given his lack of match fitness. Although Allen wasn't great, you can guarantee his work rate, which we needed, especially with 10 men.
If I remember rightly, our results were not good last season when Allen was captain. He doesn't come across as a natural leader. Think Kitching may have been a better choice or Bidwell.
Natural leader! He was like a little boy yesterday. Watching his players get kicked to sh** and calmly standing by the ref waiting to take the free kick.
Ffs man at least give him an ear full.

vin10

I’ve seen enough of Simms. So, if he’s good enough he needs to start showing it ffs

I’ve been to Sheff Wed FA Cup and yesterday and he was awful. Virtually no hold up play, comes off his shins, mis timed jumps, doing nothing in the box, not getting on the end of crosses and slow and cumbersome. I want him to be good. He was signed to score lots of goals and he isn’t.
At the moment he looks like a centre half who is being asked to play up front.....if this was a striker from lower leagues I think I wouldn't be too impressed.........on the other side I hope it is genuinely a confidence thing and he proves everyone wrong.. including me

Hertsccfc

Palmer and Thomas?

Kitching?

As much as I want our players to stick up for themselves, it’s about doing it in the right way and making decisions that don’t lead to an unnecessary sending off. Bobby Thomas did it yesterday after the second foul on Sakamoto, went and had a word without raising his hands etc.
Thomas was very lucky not to get sent off himself for kicking out at one of their players.

Users who are viewing this thread