Match Thread Northampton Town Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Wonder if he will put out a second string?

Sky Blue Pete

Tricky at the back so expect rose to play some part. Also dacosta likely to play and I would imagine maatsen

Then you’ve got to imagine Walker and Jones will come in

Team I expect

Wilson
Dacosta
Drysdale
Rose captain
An other
Maatsen
Hawley
An other
Bright
Walker
Tavares

no_loyalty

Wilson

Pask
Drysdale
Rose

Da Costa
Reid

Shipley
Allen

Bapaga

Walker
Tavares

Assuming... Godden and Kelly are not fit, Jones not ready for a start.

But to be fair Robins often puts out a stronger lineup than we expect for these sort of games.

I would go along with that side, unless Bright is available.

SeaSeeEffCee

I don't think we'll go full second string.

Wilson
DaCosta
Pask
Hyam
Rose
Maatsen
Allen
Sheaf
Jones
Walker
Waghorn

COV

Would have thought Bright will play at least some of this match, get him competitive minutes

procdoc

Wilson
Pask
Drysdale
Rose
Dacosta
Reid
Allen
Shipley
Jones
Bright
Walker

Subs:
Hyam
Maatsen
Tavares
Hamer
Gyokeres
Bapaga
O’Hare

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Same team as against Forest, players need game time and Mark Robins has said it's a game he wants to win.

shmmeee

Gonna be an U23s side isn’t it? :(

If the club don’t care about this game neither do I. Hope Bright gets some minutes and does some nice skill I can see on the highlights.

TomRad85

Gonna be an U23s side isn’t it? :(

If the club don’t care about this game neither do I. Hope Bright gets some minutes and does some nice skill I can see on the highlights.
Tbh I don't find seeing how our second string get on as depressing as I used to. Most those players would be in our starting line ups in the league 2/most of the league 1 days.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Tbh I don't find seeing how our second string get on as depressing as I used to. Most those players would be in our starting line ups in the league 2/most of the league 1 days.

I just don’t think our squad is that deep and it usually just hands a win to a lower league team who want it more.

TomRad85

I just don’t think our squad is that deep and it usually just hands a win to a lower league team who want it more.
Its not deep in terms of Championship quality but I think most the line ups mentioned above beat all of league 2 and a good 2/3rds of league 1 teams, if the players are up for it as you say. I'd expect us to get past Northampton.

rexo87

Wilson

Pask Drysdale Rose

Dacosta Howley Allen Reid

Enobakhare

Walker Waghorn

Harsh on Shipley and Jones however for me they are both AM’s and we only play one of them. I really don’t like Shipley in one of the holding midfielder positions. Wouldn’t mind seeing Jones at LWB but don’t think that will ever be his permanent position.

Would like to see Waghorn play next to Walker. Hope we don’t do what we did in pre season and isolate Walker up there on his own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hod dog

i think he will isolate walker and go with two 10s just to get minutes in to Jones and Bright, i really like walker and think in 2he will be great for us but dont think he works as a one.

GK Wilson

RWB Dacosta
RCBPask
CB Drysdale
LCB Rose
LWB Shipley

CM Allen
CM Howley
AM Jones
AM Bright
ST Walker

Bench

Moore
Reid
Tavares
Bapaga
Kelly 20 mins if fit to make bench
Godden 20 mins if fit to make bench
Hyam

shmmeee

i think he will isolate walker and go with two 10s just to get minutes in to Jones and Bright, i really like walker and think in 2he will be great for us but dont think he works as a one.

GK Wilson

RWB Dacosta
RCBPask
CB Drysdale
LCB Rose
LWB Shipley

CM Allen
CM Howley
AM Jones
AM Bright
ST Walker

Bench

Moore
Reid
Tavares
Bapaga
Hyam

If Reid can’t get in ahead of Shipley at LWB for the reserves he may as well head back to Scotland now.

better days

GK Wilson

RWB Dacosta
RCBPask
CB Drysdale
LCB Rose
LWB Shipley

CM Allen
CM Howley
AM Jones
AM Bright
ST Walker

Bench

Moore
Reid
Tavares
Bapaga
Hyam
Not far off I'd say
But expect more senior guys on the bench as we want to get through to the next round and have a run in this cup if possible

Offhegoes

Although Jones needs minutes no doubt, I'd keep him on the bench for this one, and give him another 30 mins or so. No point risking him against a lower league team, when he's still coming back

skylark37

Is this on sky or bt sport or anywhere?
Doubt it'll be on ifollow - that's usually just league games right?

shmmeee

If we aren’t going first team we should go 4231 as we’ve got no CBs and loads of AMs.

Wilson
Dacosta Pask Drysdale Reid
Howley Allen
Bright Bapaga Jones
Walker

Just hope they’ve got no wingers.

Users who are viewing this thread