Match Thread Northampton Town Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Interested to see if MR is calm or angry after this. Hopefully a mix. Some players are getting fit, some are inexperienced, but some should be doing better. I think he will reflect that in his appraisal. Not too fussed, but some players are confirming what we thought. You can carry one, occasionally two, but not a handful

Evo1883

Not arsed about the result but I didn’t pay to watch it. Am arsed that our reserves aren’t arsed.

Genuinely feels like Robins uses this match every year as a fitness exercise.

We know most of these players are better than that tonight ... but getting minutes in legs will be Robins first thought after such a disjointed pre season

TomRad85

I remember after going out to Gillingham they immediately took Eccles on loan after he impressed. I'm assuming if we offered Northampton a similar deal with Allen or Shipley after tonight they'd laugh in our faces.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

“Dacosta hasn’t played very much” says Nick. Other than the last fucking game Nick

Hobo

Interested to see if MR is calm or angry after this. Hopefully a mix. Some players are getting fit, some are inexperienced, but some should be doing better. I think he will reflect that in his appraisal. Not too fussed, but some players are confirming what we thought. You can carry one, occasionally two, but not a handful

He will be calm and philosophical. You dont kick your players in public after a bad performance.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

One of their starting midfielders played essentially Sunday league for a YouTube team 2 years or so ago. We should have enough to beat this level of opposition, clearly we don't so hopefully Robins addresses it so we can have a positive season.

Evo1883

Right. I’m not one for being negative about players.

But I don’t want to see DaCosta again.

You didn't see him much that match , because he was calling for the ball on the A444 he was that far out of position

Grendel

I thought thats what you were intimating at.

no I’m saying those players are going to be all playing championship games this season and it’s laughable that we came undone against a Northampton reserve team

Ccfcisparks

Not at all bothered about the result and I'm pretty sure Robins won't be either
He knows best

giphy.gif

Grendel

Random phone in

SlowerThanPlatt

One of their starting midfielders played essentially Sunday league for a YouTube team 2 years or so ago. We should have enough to beat this level of opposition, clearly we don't so hopefully Robins addresses it so we can have a positive season.

What? That’s like saying we were in League 2 a few years ago so it’s embarrassing if any Championship side loses to us

Users who are viewing this thread