Nobody still believes surely ? (1 Viewer)

Will we stay up ?

• Total voters

Otis

See Gazolba reply above. Other rrsults are in practice irrelevant because at the moment it seems very unlikely we'll get to the current 39 point safety mark, never mind some notional higher safety post of 50 or so. It's irrelevant because we won't be getting close to safety.
Still don't get that at all.

We are all pretty much talking that we are down. We all pretty much believe we are down.

I said myself we are down, but have merely talked about wishful thinking and nowt more than a wild hope.

In that scenario everyone elses results are absolutely vital.

The only way we can survive is through the failure of others along with sensational form ourselves.

Therefore I would say if we are talking in hope, what the other teams are doing is crucial.

As you said yourself, heart vs head.

Otis

We're down - both my head and heart are in agreement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I know. We all know for sure.

Going to take a miracle to get out of this. A true miracle and we would need teams who have been in decent form to now crumble like a pack of card, at the same time we play like League One champions.

As I've said before, if we ARE to be relegated I would rather it was over sooner rather than later.

Would be such a pisser to get close but still fail.

Otis

And there's always that glimmer of hope at the back of my mind that the 4 teams above us will all be docked 10 points for fielding ineligible players.

If that happens we will probably only be relegated by a couple of points or so.

higgs

And there's always that glimmer of hope at the back of my mind that the 4 teams above us will
All be docked 10 points for fielding ineligible players.

If that happens we will probably only be relegated by a couple of points or so.
I would be willing to play for them and be that ineligible player if you can get my name on the team sheet otis

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mcbean

Relegation fight League 2 - you heard here first - bottom at Xmas - Booby Gould resigns as manager

oucho

Still don't get that at all.

We are all pretty much talking that we are down. We all pretty much believe we are down.

I said myself we are down, but have merely talked about wishful thinking and nowt more than a wild hope.

In that scenario everyone elses results are absolutely vital.

The only way we can survive is through the failure of others along with sensational form ourselves.

Therefore I would say if we are talking in hope, what the other teams are doing is crucial.

As you said yourself, heart vs head.

After the P'boro game I drove home with Mrs Oucho and the mother-in-law, who had come for a day in the shops and met us after the game. I waxed lyrical about how despite the late goal we now had a decent chance of staying up and that there was renewed hope. This hope grew with the Bolton performance and the signings of Beavon, Clarke and Foley despite my misgivings over letting Sordell go.

The basis of this optimism was that I wrote of the Bristol R game as not really due to Slade and yet another MV cock-up, but that two positive draws (albeit slips from winning positions) meant that we could be more positive about staying up with a run of fixtures in the forthcoming 2 months that included:
Chesterfield (down the bottom with us)
Fleetwood (didn't credit them as any good, little fishing town)
Northampton (on a run similar to us)
Millwall (admittedly tougher but I did think we'd beat them at home)
Oldham (fewer goals than us FFs)
Wimbledon (small club not far above the quagmire zone)
Gillingham (poor team not far avove us)
Swindon (ditto)
Bury (ditto)
Shrewsbury (ditto)

That's 10 games of which 8 were against teams in varyign degrees of trouble, the others a home game against mid-table Millwall and another home game against a tiny club punching above their weight.

We won one of them.

That's criminal.

Sounds like you still have a drop of belief - my own dried up about half way through that run.

Otis

I wouldn't say it is belief as such. Just wishful thinking.

Like every Saturday night I think it might be my night for the lottery.

pastythegreat

After the Gillingham win (and great effort from the team to dig in when it was needed) I believed that another performance like that and 3points from Swindon and Bury in quick concession and we'd pull it off.
In reality though we bottled swindon and it was too little too late for a bury fight back.
So in short NO I don't believe!
WE'RE FUCKED!!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Does anybody honestly in their hearts believe we have a chance of staying up ?

The form we'd have to hit would be nothing short of incredible. I heard people talking today saying they think the point will spur us on and the fight is back on.....

We've gone surely ?

Who still believes ?
League football ! Hasta la Vista , Baby ! :wacky:

eastwoodsdustman

If and its a big if Robins can get us playing and scoring then we have 7 winnable home games. Not over until the fat lady sings.

The Reverend Skyblue

Can the seven people who voted we will stay up send me a sample of what the are taking tonight.
They are obviously on some seriously strong shit, yet are still conscious enough to navigate a computer.
I live in Norfolk and can beat any price

Last edited:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

We were relegated as soon as we appointed Russel Slade.

I can't believe Fisher can sleep at night, knowing he appointed one of the worst managers in football.

Real fucking dream team, Slade, Venus and Fisher. Liquidate us now.

Users who are viewing this thread