Nobody still believes surely ? (1 Viewer)

Will we stay up ?

• Total voters

CovisGod

Does anybody honestly in their hearts believe we have a chance of staying up ?

The form we'd have to hit would be nothing short of incredible. I heard people talking today saying they think the point will spur us on and the fight is back on.....

We've gone surely ?

Who still believes ?

CJ_covblaze

Not a chance. We're down.

Chipfat

We will fall right into place in L2, in fact we would be at home in the conference. The club is ran so badly the football is a side show, result are an after thought and any ideas of building for a future are confined to court cases.

We as fans only see results, squads and signing and that has become the biggest issue, these owners have placed themselves behind our blind faith and still are running the club for no other means than to push it on the bones of its arse. As long as they get something out, everything we care about means nothing, i posted a long time ago, when these go i hope we have something left to build from. At the moment and words i'm hearing from within this is not going to be the case, even the academy which has been a positive is no secure.

Sad, but its been coming for a very long time.

Somerset Sky Blue

Never stop believing!

If we can put a run together like blackburn have recently...

:)
I think even journey have stopped singing 'don't stop believing...'
(I would create a link to the song..if only I could do it on my phone)

We are down, which makes it an ideal time to take my 5 year old daughter to her first game v Bradford... She might not ever see us this high up again!

oucho

I personally have believed and expected us to go down for several weeks, probably since before the Millwall game.

rob9872

We have been down since the day they appointed the useless Slade wrong choice at the wrong time
I've just phoned the statue erector and put the Slade one on hold until we've won the cup. Nobody is feeling the love any longer but he's done more for us than Jimmy Hill. I think it will go next to Hill's but a bit bigger an early as big as the Lawrence Dallaglio one that's coming in the summer.

rob9872

I voted "yes" it's 29/1 against now but I've always liked an underdog

oucho

Otis

I don't believe it, but you have to think in baby steps. Win next week and others lose and we close the gap.

Small steps. We now need to aim for two wins on the bounce. Two wins, see where we are, see if the gap is closing.

We can't think in terms of having to win 8 games. Just concentrate on baby steps and set out to win each game as it comes up. We need to steer clear of looking at the big picture.
If we look at the table it all looks nigh on impossible.

Obviously a win next week would be massive, because Bradford are right up there pressing for the play-offs and beyond.

Don't look at the size of the task in hand, just let us take one game at a time.

skybluedan

Never mind boys sky have fucked up and the boxing is free on sky channel 872

Otis

Yeah, I predicted us being down weeks ago.

You always have to have a little bit of hope though don't you? No point in just giving in. I accept that we are down, but reserve a little bit of my soul to the notion that maybe, just maybe a miracle will happen.

It's a bit like hoping you're going to win the lottery.

mds

You have to believe dont you?
6 of the next 8 are home games or 7 of the last 11 are at home, if we could get them baby steps going.

oucho

Yeah, I predicted us being down weeks ago.

You always have to have a little bit of hope though don't you? No point in just giving in. I accept that we are down, but reserve a little bit of my soul to the notion that maybe, just maybe a miracle will happen.

It's a bit like hoping you're going to win the lottery.
The old heart v head thing. I also rationally have dismissed our chances of survival for a month now, but can't help looking at the league table and calculating the improbable run of form that it would take for us to survive!

Otis

The old heart v head thing. I also rationally have dismissed our chances of survival for a month now, but can't help looking at the league table and calculating the improbable run of form that it would take for us to survive!

Yep, even though we didn't win today I immediately looked at the table to see how far away the teams above us were.

I know it was only a point, but luckily for us Oldham, Bury and Swindon all lost.

Otis

Just looked and next week Oldham play Bury and Port Vale play Swindon. They obviously all can't pick up 3 points.

Users who are viewing this thread