Video 'Nobody knows you here, but I do!' | Callum Doyle interviews new signing Josh Wilson-Esbrand (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Doesn’t smile much.

Apart from that Youtube thumbnail image showing him with the widest grin I've seen for a while.

But to be fair to the lad, as he says in the video, this is his first taste of being at another club on loan so he's going to have to be given time to adjust to our relaxed way of life down here ;)

Hobo

Doyle really does look like a giant 12 year old

Doyle had a dodgy debut in the League Cup. Had one game when pulled early by Robins who felt he was trying to play with an injury undeclared.

He is what 19? Played left side, right side and center of the central 3. He has impressed me. Way ahead of Panzo defensively and not far behind bringing the ball out with his feet.

Rose looked a different defender once he come on v Wrexham.

I dont care if he looks 12 he is doing a good job for us.

Lets hope the new loanee from Man City is of the same calibre?

Calista

Don’t think Doyle has much of a future as a presenter!
Easy enough to say that, but I was impressed with him – he’s had the balls to put himself in that embarrassing position of interviewing a fellow young player, and carried it off just fine IMO. The pair of them come across as genuine guys with a great attitude. Hope they both go far in the game, starting with us and (who knows?) perhaps continuing with us.

PVA

Don’t think Doyle has much of a future as a presenter!

Have you ever seen an early interview with Gary Lineker? He was awful in front of the camera, now look at him!

Not that I'm suggesting that Callum Doyle will become the future lead football anchor on the BBC 😂

vow

Have you ever seen an early interview with Gary Lineker? He was awful in front of the camera, now look at him!

Not that I'm suggesting that Callum Doyle will become the future lead football anchor on the BBC 😂
aye, still awful....

fatso

Man City must be pleased with the way Doyle is developing if they've allowed another player to come here.

I can't help thinking that either may be available for a permanent move eventually as Man City are packed with international quality players and I doubt these young lads will get a run In the first team next season.

rexo87

Man City must be pleased with the way Doyle is developing if they've allowed another player to come here.

I can't help thinking that either may be available for a permanent move eventually as Man City are packed with international quality players and I doubt these young lads will get a run In the first team next season.

I’m fairly sure we will be able to have Doyle for another season here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Good signing. he's been on the fringes of the first team and has played in champions league games. Him and Guffy on the other side should bring a lot more physicality to our back line. We need that if we are tp challenge the top 6.
Hoping for more to come, in particular a striker of some repute.

fatso

Good signing. he's been on the fringes of the first team and has played in champions league games. Him and Guffy on the other side should bring a lot more physicality to our back line. We need that if we are tp challenge the top 6.
Hoping for more to come, in particular a striker of some repute.
We desperately need some experience in the back 3, we could end up fielding 4 young loans in the defensive 5. Im sure they are all great prospects and fast as fuck etc, but we've looked absolutely shocking defensively since Fadz got injured.
I'd love us to find an old head to come in till the end of the season.

CCFC54321

Man City must have been getting good reports back from everyone linked to the loan move etc. Similar to the Chelsea relationship we have developed.

Good when we need loans. Works both ways as they will also contact CCFC to let them know they want to loan a player out and if we have interest.

robbiekeane

Easy enough to say that, but I was impressed with him – he’s had the balls to put himself in that embarrassing position of interviewing a fellow young player, and carried it off just fine IMO. The pair of them come across as genuine guys with a great attitude. Hope they both go far in the game, starting with us and (who knows?) perhaps continuing with us.
Yeh I thought the same! Got to be very laid back and not take yourself to seriously I thought he came across really well

Great_Expectations

I know this thread isn’t really about him; but Doyle really is an excellent addition. He has had the odd shakey moment but crazy to think he’s only just 19.

Not only his ability, but I imagine, as a baby faced youngster, he’s often target by the opposition both tactically and also attempts to get into his head. He deals with it all very impressively.

Be brilliant if we can get him back next season, whatever league we’re in.

Hertsccfc

I know this thread isn’t really about him; but Doyle really is an excellent addition. He has had the odd shakey moment but crazy to think he’s only just 19.

Not only his ability, but I imagine, as a baby faced youngster, he’s often target by the opposition both tactically and also attempts to get into his head. He deals with it all very impressively.

Totally agree. Makes the odd mistake and occasionally naive but overall he has been impressive especially given his age. Some of the passing is way above anything we have seen from our defenders for years, but I guess you would expect that from a Man City player.

Grendel

do you still think Panzo was an upgrade on JCS?

TomS91

I don't want to over exaggerate but I can't remember seeing a Coventry player who can play long passes as well as Doyle. His ability to actually beat a defender with the pass and put a teammate in behind is incredible.

Grendel

Great_Expectations

you did - every signing according to you is an upgrade

Whip out the spreadsheet and find the post where I did then please?

And if I did, I was clearly way off the mark - happy to admit that. But I’m surprised I ever thought that - hence why proof would be lovely.

And if I’m going to be dragged into the pettiness I’ll go all in; evidence that ‘every signing according to me is an upgrade’ would be great too.

You’re surely not just spreading spurious nonsense are you?

Grendel

Whip out the spreadsheet and find the post where I did then please?

And if I did, I was clearly way off the mark - happy to admit that. But I’m surprised I ever thought that - hence why proof would be lovely.

And if I’m going to be dragged into the pettiness I’ll go all in; evidence that ‘every signing according to me is an upgrade’ would be great too.

You’re surely not just spreading spurious nonsense are you?

sigh

Squad

Grendel

Do you remember when you predicted Trump would bury Biden in the 2020 election?

I think BSB said that and I was bowing to his superior knowledge on US politics

Users who are viewing this thread