No more games at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Isn't confirmed where we're playing yet, could be in Brum, Incester, or Nuneaton...

Oh that's OK then, any of those would be OK....if this happens it will be SISU's biggest PR own goal ever, which says a lot!!!! Fans will blame SISU not ACL for leaving the city.

Otis

Just told my wife and she thinks it's hilarious that I am sad about it and is laughing because it is 'so very, very trivial.' Her and her friend here think it is laughable. It's only football.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

theferret

They were told to 'get out of town'. So they did

People seem to conveniently forget that.

Hate the idea of my club leaving Coventry, but they were told to get out, people said lock the doors (many people were saying that tonight), and now that they have taken that advice people are crying about it.

Otis

Take her to the games, more drama to be found there at the moment than in any amount of classes.

She's my gravy train at the moment. Possible audition for Matilda in the West End and also for a new film version of Swallows and Amazons! ;)

elephanttears

What do you class as a short period of time?

If they leave the Ricoh, CCFC will never play another game in Coventry until Sisu go. Therefore I have no interest in financially supporting some club playing in Walsall.

A short period of time would be 2 years, i couldnt care less if it took 5 years. This stadium issue will define the future of a football club that WILL be her for hundreds of years so who cares how long it takes.

lets face it Sisu will never relent until they are able to obtain 100% ownership and ACL will have to give in.

Why would you not support your club if it had to move to Walsall to try to get the best future it can??

ajsccfc

Just told my wife and she thinks it's hilarious that I am sad about it and is laughing because it is 'so very, very trivial.' Her and her friend here think it is laughable. It's only football.

Explain to them that it'd be like a new Sex and the City series being set in Baltimore, they'll crack under that very thought.

Otis

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but if we did make the play-offs we would easily get crowds of over 25,000.

Not quite sure how they would get 25,000 into the 11,000 Bescott Stadium though.

Otis

Explain to them that it'd be like a new Sex and the City series being set in Baltimore, they'll crack under that very thought.

Don't know about Sex and the City. The way I am feeling right now and the daggers I am giving my wife, it's going to be Murder at the Vicarage at this rate!

Wrightdog

ACL may well now have to lick their wounds and accept what SISU are offering them. It appears CCFC don't need ACL and the Ricoh for the time being atleast but do ACL need CCFC? Like it or not, it seems SISU are here for the long term unless they get an suitable offer. It will be back to the drawing board in the summer but dependant on how far away the said ground share is, it could be a possibitly to play there until further notice?

Tad

You can't blame ACL. Too much or not, they're owed rent and its going to be a lot harder for them to get it now.

None of you can honesty say if you were owed rent you wouldn't eventually kick the tenants out. You'd go bust yourself if you didn't.

Last edited:

Samo

Do you have a patio?

Otis

Simple really, we play on Sunday 7th. Maybe worth a televised match on SS2.;)

So we've moved one Saturday game to Friday (Doncaster) and would now move another Saturday game to Sunday (Brentford).

Glad they are thinking of the supporters!

Ashdown1

Take it away from Cov and lose 75% of a dwindling support, I hope you fucking idiots will be happy with watching in Walsall with another 2500, so your precious cunting hedge fund can get their own way and avoid to pay the debts they are legally obligated to fulfil. !! There are some arseholes on here tonight !

SkyblueBazza

Kill her...& her friend

Wrightdog

You can't blame ACL. Too much or not, they're owed rent and its going to be a lot harder for them to get it now.

None of you can honesty say if you were owed rent you would eventually kick the tenants out. You'd go bust yourself if you didn't.

But if you kick your tenants out with no else to feasibly move in, you'll also go bust?

CJparker

Back to the topic in hand....do we genuinely feel like we are going to be on the move?

Although I never loved the Ricoh, it sure it a brave new world to be leaving the city. And for 'brave', read 'disastrous'

Yet another PR own goal by the masters of spin

ajsccfc

I hope you fucking idiots will be happy with watching in Walsall with another 2500, so your precious cunting hedge fund can get their own way and avoid to pay the debts they are legally obligated to fulfil. !!
Erm, who are you talking to? I'm struggling to find the hordes of people planning their conga down the M6.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

And you haven't phoned a divorce lawyer yet? You'd be better off without her Otis if she lacks support in circumstances like these! ;)

coundonskyblue

A short period of time would be 2 years, i couldnt care less if it took 5 years. This stadium issue will define the future of a football club that WILL be her for hundreds of years so who cares how long it takes.

lets face it Sisu will never relent until they are able to obtain 100% ownership and ACL will have to give in.

Why would you not support your club if it had to move to Walsall to try to get the best future it can??

Best future it can have? What planet are you on mate?

How much of a drop do you think the club will lose in ticket sales?

Apparently now the £200k F&B is supposed to secure the future of the club, that equates to 579 people attending each game. So basically if a move to Walsall puts off just 600 people from attending then it hasn't been worth it. You think that is good business sense?

Also where will a new stadium be built in Coventry? Where will the £30m come from to build it?

This is financial suicide.

Samo

This never happened... I never heard a thing. Who are you?

Mucca Mad Boys

Back to the topic in hand....do we genuinely feel like we are going to be on the move?

Although I never loved the Ricoh, it sure it a brave new world to be leaving the city. And for 'brave', read 'disastrous'

Yet another PR own goal by the masters of spin

I don't know why you're bothered by the move, you've been an crying for ACL to lock us out... Well, haven't we done it for them? Or is one side aloud to do, and not the other. Hypocrite! Cough, cough.

SkyblueBazza

Is all of this not going to cost £1.2m plus in lawyer fees, court costs etc?
Maybe the monies are not of any real consequence - it's all bluff & double-bluff??!

stupot07

Something confuses me. ACL threaten admin and people are happy. SISU do it and it is an outrage.

In response people say lock the doors!

SISU then announce they are leaving anyway and then that is a disgrace.

I'm not sure some people really know what they want.

Yep I am also confused with this paradox.

elephanttears

Take it away from Cov and lose 75% of a dwindling support, I hope you fucking idiots will be happy with watching in Walsall with another 2500, so your precious cunting hedge fund can get their own way and avoid to pay the debts they are legally obligated to fulfil. !! There are some arseholes on here tonight !

Do you not get it? Sisu are not looking or wanting to take CCFC away from Cov long term, they are doing this to prove to ACL we do not need the Ricoh and are doing this to get a better deal with the Ricoh. They are doing this for the greater good of the football club so we can compete and have a team to be proud of and not have all our revenue streams taken away from us. Think about it.

Tad

But if you kick your tenants out with no else to feasibly move in, you'll also go bust?

The Ricoh can be used for more then just football though. There not getting any money off SISU anyway, so no loss is it really? If anything, they'll probably saving on electricity etc that way.

hill83

They are not legally obliged to now, so suck on that.

Just say, it all goes nicely and we are back in a shiny new ground in Coventry in a year, and doing quite well, will you come crawling back or still be on maximum seethe?

Users who are viewing this thread