No FA cup replays (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Could you not combine the Caraboa and FA Cup and the winner gets one of the extra places we are being allocated for the Champions League, runner up Europa/Conference league?

Would incentivise it for most teams then.

Okay you beat me to it.

fatso

It’s the final nail in the coffin. Goodbye old friend. I remember when your 3rd round was one of the biggest dates on the calendar and people would gather around radios for the draw each round
Agreed, it's as of the F.A. want to trivialise their own competition.

I used to love watching the build up, and all the interviews in the days leading up to it.

I can't help wondering if all the foreign owners at the big clubs have helped to oversee its demise.

rob9872

Agreed, it's as of the F.A. want to trivialise their own competition.

I used to love watching the build up, and all the interviews in the days leading up to it.

I can't help wondering if all the foreign owners at the big clubs have helped to oversee its demise.
It's financial I think. When we won it Snoz signed Speedo and said he was now shopping at Harrods. These days finashing 14th instead of 15th in the PL is financially better than winning the cup (*albeit a European spot would potentially add to that pot however I'm sure you get the point). The romance has gone, it's all about money.

ccfctommy

In the french and Spanish cups, when the draw is made the lowest ranked of the two teams hosts the tie. Might be a idea?

stupot07

The big 6 are happy enough to play in an expanding Champions League

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

slowpoke

The super league notion hasn’t gone away and this is another step on the way to getting it within the premier structure. Won’t stop it, can’t stop it and the only way to beat it is to make the top two and join them.

withnail

Everything’s shit now. Bought a spade the other week, spent a bit to get a decent one, used it a couple of times and it snapped like a cocktail stick.
Low quality, temporary, 21st century shit.

Users who are viewing this thread