Nimely training with vale (1 Viewer)

stupot07

You can't compare the stats. As he has not played for us in this team in division three.

However having seen all these players play

I would rate him

Madine, Nouble, Nimely

Maddison
Mcqoid
Jackson
Miller
Tudguy

you havent seen nimley play for over 2 1/2 years. its like me saying.

dublin madine nouble

.john gayle

dongonzalos

I genuinely saw nothing much in him. A John Williams type of player. All pace and then found out very easily. A poor mans Misfud as he had no ability in the box to score goals.

The season improved when he joined more due to Norwood and because of thorn we had grossly under achieved in the first half of the season .

He is at the very best a below average league one player - same as Bigiamara.

This is on WIKI
Pretty sure we did not get that many penalties!!!! However the assists runs true

On 12 January 2012, Nimely signed a loan deal with Coventry City until the end of the season.[5] He scored his first goal on his debut in a 3–1 win over former club Middlesbrough as well as 2 assists. He managed to secure a total of 11 penalties converted into goals by his teammates and seven assists in 17 starts and three substitutions.[6]

pusbccfc

so what? plenty of players show promise at 20-21 years then fall off the radar, we've seen a fair few here a Cov. why hasnt someone snapped him up yet?

Him getting done for drink driving may have put people off.

stupot07

This is on WIKI
Pretty sure we did not get that many penalties!!!! However the assists runs true

On 12 January 2012, Nimely signed a loan deal with Coventry City until the end of the season.[5] He scored his first goal on his debut in a 3–1 win over former club Middlesbrough as well as 2 assists. He managed to secure a total of 11 penalties converted into goals by his teammates and seven assists in 17 starts and three substitutions.[6]

says 1 goal and 1 assist here

http://www.espnfc.com/player/141410/alex-nimely?season=2011

11 pens converted into goals??? 1x ipswich, 2x leeds, 1x peterborough thats 4. who wrote that? nimley's agent?

dongonzalos

says 1 goal and 1 assist here

http://www.espnfc.com/player/141410/alex-nimely?season=2011

11 pens converted into goals??? 1x ipswich, 2x leeds, 1x peterborough thats 4. who wrote that? nimley's agent?

Like I said pretty sure we didn't have that many penalties!!!!

Did he get 4 though, that's pretty impressive. Like I said championship defenders couldn't handle him.

I think when he played (not injured) he had a hand in most the goals we scored in someway or another.

Gazolba

Grab him! This message was too short so I added something meaningless

PVA

30 odd 1st team games in 5 years, 1 goal. Hasn't played a game for 2 years.

No thanks.

Grendel

Like I said pretty sure we didn't have that many penalties!!!!

Did he get 4 though, that's pretty impressive. Like I said championship defenders couldn't handle him.

I think when he played (not injured) he had a hand in most the goals we scored in someway or another.

1 assist that season - sigh

Grendel

Pretty sure he set up two on his debut and scored one

Well clearly he didn't. Anyway he hasn't kicked a ball in 2 years and no championship club wants him and 1 league one looks vaguely interestsd. He really is hot property.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He got a pen vs Leicester which was missed as well, 2 vs Leeds which were scored. I don't think the pens vs Ipswich and Peterborough were won by Nimely.

I dunno how many assists he got in total but he got one his debut, the Mcsheffrey goal and one vs Portsmouth the Norwood goal which is two off the top of my head.

@larry there was an OG in that game but it wasn't from Nimely, Nimely scored as well as the OG that game (although I'm not sure if Nimelys header actually crossed the line, but it was given)

At the end of the day, I'm not saying he was brilliant. Clearly he wasn't otherwise he would have scored a lot more goals but he had raw talent which could have been cultured into something better. If clubs in England binned off every player under 21 and wrote them off because they were yet to make a significant impact, we wouldn't have many football players in this country.

LB87ccfc

All I read on here is raw pace and no goals... Wasn't Wilson at the beginning of last season exactly that?

Nimely had alot of skills and held it up for a little guy, for me, with a arm around the shoulder, and some hunger installed into him, with a goal bonus included, he could find his level in league one and be nurtured and then sold at a profit.

LB87ccfc

Nimley has completed his move to Port Vale.. Will start scoring goals in this league given the service, extra pace in their side now too.

wingy

THanks STP .

Two things he could tear this league ,and he Isn't as small as being made out

Thirdly I lied ,just look at the way he manages the ball while on the charge ,talented lad IMO.

dongonzalos

Well clearly he didn't. Anyway he hasn't kicked a ball in 2 years and no championship club wants him and 1 league one looks vaguely interestsd. He really is hot property.

Clearly he did

Debutant Alex Nimely scored one goal and made two as rock-bottom Coventry inflicted a third straight league defeat on nine-man Middlesbrough.
Nimely, who spent the first half of the season on loan with Boro, set up Gary McSheffrey's 15-yard opener.
Boro had Kevin Thomson sent off for a second yellow card before Nimely's header made it 2-0 and Matthew Bates put through his own net for the third.

johnwillomagic

I agree with Grendel he is not the player he was then another who flattered to deceive even back then.

i played football with his best mate at Regents Park recently said I remembered him fondly but was never a forward for me and not really sure where his best position was. Friend said he was disillusined had lost hunger and had got into bad ways,,,,,,don't think he will be much of a loss not getinig him but in a way hope he develops he did have some ability back in the day.

Gazolba

Another good player we missed out on.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Users who are viewing this thread