Nimely training with vale (1 Viewer)

LB87ccfc

[h=3]15:30[/h]
Former Manchester City striker Alex Nimely is training with Port Vale. Nimely, a free agent after being released by the Premier League champions in the summer, is set to play for the Valiants' reserve team against Wrexham on Wednesday.

Opinions? would you offer him a chance here? or not what we need?

wingy

15:30

Former Manchester City striker Alex Nimely is training with Port Vale. Nimely, a free agent after being released by the Premier League champions in the summer, is set to play for the Valiants' reserve team against Wrexham on Wednesday.

Opinions? would you offer him a chance here? or not what we need?

Yep for this level not too much of a gamble IMO.

Pace something we've lacked all season.

pusbccfc

Incredibly skilful, would happily try him back here.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I though he done well here, if you asked me in the summer I'd have said yes worth the gamble.

But the fact it's now November, he's been a free agent since the summer and no one else has yet taken a punt on him I would be wary of it an approach it with more caution, might be worth a short term deal.

wingy

I though he done well here, if you asked me in the summer I'd have said yes worth the gamble.

But the fact it's now November, he's been a free agent since the summer and no one else has yet taken a punt on him I would be wary of it an approach it with more caution, might be worth a short term deal.

It can be quite Crushing when after coming through a top Academy or even a lesser one you end up rejected ,either Early in your career or further on

after winning your contract .

May have needed some time out to get his head round stuff and refocus on the appropriate level to start again .

Of course he may as you suggest have not Impressed excited others enough to get a start.

JMO.

shy_tall_knight

To think he is a striker, 23 years old and his last goal in professional football was nearly 3 years ago and what a fine goal that was. I would be cautious seem to have too many players at the club who have hardly played in the previous few seasons however the thought of having some pace.

skybluetom

Nope, thought he was hopeless after scoring on his debut for us. Typical product of the English system; has nothing but pace.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he was that good. He looked good against Boro but weren't they down to 10 men and having a shocking game? After that I don't think he was all that.

Gaz71

I remember him winning us a penalty at Leicester, was a handful that day with his pace, but was fouled a lot due to his pace, which refs don't seem to buy in this league.

Grendel

Good god, no.

Grendel

dongonzalos

I would seriously be fascinated how you'd draw that conclusion.

I can't recall the exact stats but in the division above for the few games when he was fit he either scored 1 or 2. I think it was 1. He won 2 or 3 penalties and he had a significant role in quite a few of our other goals. Either via winning a free kick or a corner.
Defences in the championship could not handle his pace. In this division it would be a lot easier for him.

Then he played a couple of games for us whilst carrying a knock, due to the shite depth of our squad.

wingy

I can't recall the exact stats but in the division above for the few games when he was fit he either scored 1 or 2. I think it was 1. He won 2 or 3 penalties and he had a significant role in quite a few of our other goals. Either via winning a free kick or a corner.
Defences in the championship could not handle his pace. In this division it would be a lot easier for him.

Then he played a couple of games for us whilst carrying a knock, due to the shite depth of our squad.

got to be a better bet than mansett ,Slager ,Donnelly ETC.

Grendel

He had 2 good games - Borough and Leeds. His first touch was woeful and he had finishing ability below the likes of miller and mcqouid. The evidence ultimately is in the stats though. Failed at the other clubs in the championship and now only attracting vague interest from a league one club. Ultimately what we think is irrelevant - its what those in football think - and they think he isn't able to make the grade.

stupot07

got to be a better bet than mansett ,Slager ,Donnelly ETC.

True........but where would he rank in our strikers (admittedly some are leaving in jan)

Madine
Nouble
Mcqoid
Madison
Miller
Nimley?
Jackson
Tudguy

Edit forgot james Madison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Grendel

True........but where would he rank in our strikers (admittedly some are leaving in jan)

Madine
Nouble
Mcqoid
Miller
Nimley?
Jackson
Tudguy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Above Tudgay and below the rest .

pusbccfc

He wasn't crap at all, just didn't score.
Let's be honest, our team wasn't really creative back then!

I think I read somewhere he won over 5 penalties in his time here?

wingy

Madine
Nouble
Mcqoid
Miller
Nimley?
Jackson
Tudguy

I reckon if someone could engender some Composure into him he'd manage 15ish @ this level.

Grendel

OOH Grendel you old cynic.

I genuinely saw nothing much in him. A John Williams type of player. All pace and then found out very easily. A poor mans Misfud as he had no ability in the box to score goals.

The season improved when he joined more due to Norwood and because of thorn we had grossly under achieved in the first half of the season .

He is at the very best a below average league one player - same as Bigiamara.

stupot07

I reckon if someone could engender some Composure into him he'd manage 15ish @ this level.

Potentially. He'd also restrict Madison's amount of game time, and his development. If he was better than what we have and would be good enough for starting or third choice I'd be game, not sure we should sign someone based in what they did 3-4 years ago (see tudguy, Jackson, etc...).

dongonzalos

You can't compare the stats. As he has not played for us in this team in division three.

However having seen all these players play

I would rate him

Madine, Nouble, Nimely

Maddison
Mcqoid
Jackson
Miller
Tudguy

SkyBlue_Bear83

He wasn't crap at all, just didn't score.
Let's be honest, our team wasn't really creative back then!

I think I read somewhere he won over 5 penalties in his time here?
Just ignore them, he wasn't crap at all. He had raw ability, a bit like Christie in his debut season, could have developed into a good player and had a good career with the right guidance, maybe still can. Probably wasn't ready for that standard at the time though like half of the squad then.

He was about 20/21 age at the time, playing for one of the worst teams in the championship. His partner was Clive Platt who even at his prime was an below average L1 player and he was playing for a manager who is widely considered to be the worst manager we've ever had. Oh and he was managing an injury for most of the latter part of his loan here.

Rest assured the majority of these people would have told you Wilson was crap and mocking him after he only scored 1 goal in 11 appearance at the end of the 12/13 season. Probably be telling us Maddison is crap as well if he don't score more than 5 goals between now and the summer.

His career does seem to have spiraled downwards since leaving us though so I'm not sure whether you will be getting the same Nimely that was here before, probably lost his confidence and swagger, has he kept his fitness levels high despite little football, does he have the same desire and energy he had before after a few years in the Man City reserves? All doubts about him now. Like I said maybe worth a short term contract at little risk to us if it doesn't work.

PVA

Just what we need, another small striker to compete with McQuoid, Miller, Jackson, Tudgay and Maddison for that last spot on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread