Nii Lamptey Show (1 Viewer)

Gint11

I'm not one to hate Maddison but he jumped ship at the first opportunity, he's only made 16 starts in his career and thinks he's made it already. I don't think people would begrudge him the move had he actually given something back the to the club on the pitch.

Compare it to Wilson. I think there was an acceptance Wilson would be leaving and we couldn't hold him back, he was outstanding and his goals probably kept us up in the end that year, he was the best striker in the league and, he had nothing to prove at L1 level anymore and it was time for him to test himself at the next level and he walked straight into a team a level up.

I don't feel the same with Maddison, for all his talent he's not even proven himself in L1 yet. He's not ready for the step up, I suspect deep down he probably knows he's not ready but he just couldn't turn down the money.

13 years of development down the toilet as far as I'm concerned from a ccfc perepsective

The comparisons to Alli were laughable, Alli actually achieved something and was the stand out player of the entire league before earning his big move.

What does it matter what you think he has or hasn't achieved though? Obviously Norwich saw something and offered money. Fair play to him and good luck. I do agree with you though on the fact we've coached him for 13 years and he ends up leaving after half a season in the first team.

Hadji10

I'm not one to hate Maddison but he jumped ship at the first opportunity, he's only made 16 starts in his career and thinks he's made it already. I don't think people would begrudge him the move had he actually given something back the to the club on the pitch.

Compare it to Wilson. I think there was an acceptance Wilson would be leaving and we couldn't hold him back, he was outstanding and his goals probably kept us up in the end that year, he was the best striker in the league and, he had nothing to prove at L1 level anymore and it was time for him to test himself at the next level and he walked straight into a team a level up.

I don't feel the same with Maddison, for all his talent he's not even proven himself in L1 yet. He's not ready for the step up, I suspect deep down he probably knows he's not ready but he just couldn't turn down the money.

13 years of development down the toilet as far as I'm concerned from a ccfc perepsective

The comparisons to Alli were laughable, Alli actually achieved something and was the stand out player of the entire league before earning his big move.

Who compared him to Alli? Don't think the Wilson comparison is fair either, Wilson was 4 years older and physically a lot more mature. They are both the best prospects the club has produced, certainly in my life time. Maddison was always going to leave as he's clearly too good for this level, and if you can't see that you really don't understand football.

Crowley said in the interview that the club needed to sell him, we needed the money. To say he jumped at the first oppurtunity is harsh.

Look in the end it didn't work out here as well as both parties wanted, but at the end of the day he's a Cov lad and he's got a big chance to improve himself at a better club, at a higher level and for probably 10x the salary. Good luck to the kid. If he listens and develops his obvious natural talent, he will be a very very good player.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Who compared him to Alli? Don't think the Wilson comparison is fair either, Wilson was 4 years older and physically a lot more mature. They are both the best prospects the club has produced, certainly in my life time. Maddison was always going to leave as he's clearly too good for this level, and if you can't see that you really don't understand football.

Crowley said in the interview that the club needed to sell him, we needed the money. To say he jumped at the first oppurtunity is harsh.

Look in the end it didn't work out here as well as both parties wanted, but at the end of the day he's a Cov lad and he's got a big chance to improve himself at a better club, at a higher level and for probably 10x the salary. Good luck to the kid. If he listens and develops his obvious natural talent, he will be a very very good player.

Well that's sort of my point with the comparison, Wilson was ready to move on at that point. Maddison has left at least 12-24 months too early.

Why is Maddison clearly too good for this level? He may have potential above this level and show flashes of ability above L1 but he's achieved and proved nothing at L1 level, you can probably count the number of really good matches he's had in his career on one hand.

wingy

What does it really have to do with Maddison?
He was destined to leave.
The books had to be balanced and forward funding for next year provided.
The manager, whether playing the game or straight advised the owner and the player to stay longer.
Whether Maddison is all that or not I don't know, only time will tell us that.
What is glaringly obvious is that at this level they will be eager to leave to improve and earn rather than stay.
Potentially it may be harder to attract and keep academy graduates within the club at this level.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
First time I've ever listened to the podcast, decent listening due to KC

My first time too and well worth a listen. What KC was saying about TM adjusting his transfer policy and being impressed with how Walsall developed their team rings true in TM's quotes on Jodi Jones - http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...es-dagenham-and-redbridge-hijack-3110773.aspx

I think history has shown us we do better out of potential lower league gems rather than top club's rejects...

Users who are viewing this thread